//twenty seven

tyler dropped josh off at his house, leaving me and him alone in the car.

we were silent the whole ride. i was looking out the window, tears streaming down my face. why me? why did this, out of all people, happen to me?

i slowly realized that we were driving to my apartment building. tyler pulled into a parking space and opened the door for me, holding my hand tightly.

i put in my code for the door and we walked in. tyler didn't let go of my hand until i finally spoke up.

"why are we here?" i breathed. tyler looked back at me for a second before turning away, a smile and blush creeping up into his face.

it really confused me in times like this. how he could be threatening and dangerous one hour, and the next innocent and...cute? i pushed away those thoughts quickly.

tyler led me to my room. he seemed to be searching, his hand still clutching mine, for something. he gave off a frown and looked at me for a moment.

"can i leave you here for a few minutes?" he asked politely. i nodded quickly.

tyler smiled and walked to the door, waving before he left my room and then i heard the front door close.

i pulled out my phone and called josh.

"hey" josh said.

"hi, josh. tyler brought me to my apartment and he was looking for something, but then he said that he was going to leave me here for a few minutes"

there was a few moments of silence.

"whatever you do, don't leave. trust me. tyler is most likely waiting outside your door expecting you to leave so he could do whatever he did to you in the hotel room"

i shuddered as i looked at the stinging scratches on my arms.

"okay, thanks josh"

"you're welcome"

the line ended