2 - The Lightning Princess

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"How sad. The sad, little wastes of oxygen are now conflicted," the girl snickered shaking her blonde hair tied back into two side twintails.

"Sorine Zephyr? What the hell do you want?!" I barked.

"Hah. Watch your attitude around me swine! Do you know exactly who you're talking to?" Sorine smirked.

Sorine Zephyr is a member of the Zephyr Clan but the relationship between us was so distant it was hard to even trace despite the meticulous attempts at preserving a family tree by the founders of Zephyr.

Sorine had been blessed by Fulgur, the Deity of Lightning, with immense power over his element. Since early childhood she had displayed herself and been recognized as an exemplar and had even been compared to my late father on occasion. Now at a ripe age of seventeen she continued to show the fruits of her efforts by claiming her place as the Epitome of Fulgur.

The title of Epitome was granted to one who shows the greatest strength or potential in reguards to their particular element. Normally the title is handed to the younger generations by the elders based on their potential as their strength is fairly lacking but being the strongest of the other Epitomes and the users of Lightning in the clan, it was no surprise that Sorine copped the position.

"Leave us alone," Storm said sternly.

"Oh? Did the empty vessel stoop so low as to hire a slave to protect his powerless self?" she prodded.

"Shut. Up." I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth as I breathed out the words harshly.

"Did losing the place as heir loosen a few screws?" she laughed.

Her continued insults had surpassed my patience. I jerked my head violently upwards, ready to strike.

"Zzzztt!"

In a bolt of lightning, Storm dashed forward and covered the fifty metres between us and Sorine in a matter of three seconds.

"He said shut your damn trap!" Storm bellowed and brought down his sword on Sorine. In a flash the girl dodged backwards and launched two bolts at her surprised opponent. Storm took the full force of the impact and shot backwards.

"You shouldn't have ignored me!" Satella shouted as she swung her blade at the Epitome. Satella had snuck up behind while Storm was being battered.

In the blink of an eye, Sorine zapped to the back of the red haired girl and touched an electrically charged hand to Satella's head. Sorine showed no remorse as she continued to shock the helpless girl for a minute.

"Stop!" Storm, whom had recovered from his injury, desperately slashed at the Lightning Princess. Sorine seemed bored as she easily avoided the weapon at her breakneck speeds. Satella had fallen unconscious and remained unmoving. Due to his own ability, Storm was able to absorb and withstand the damage from lightning and electricity but Satella, being of the fire discipline, saw no such resistance.

"This is getting boring," Sorine sighed. She raised her pointed index finger to the sky and brought it down swiftly. Immediately, a tremendous lightning bolt shot down and struck Storm directly. He screamed in pain as the difference in their power began to show and he could no longer hold out against her superior strength in the element.

"You bitch!" I exclaimed. Sorine spun around in surprise, only to meet the force of my fist sinking into her face. She fell backward but caught herself midfall and zoomed to the top of a nearby cliff using her lightning.

"Lecherous dog! You dare put your disgusting hands on me?! I'll show you hell!" Sorine shrieked.

She placed her palms together and, after concentrating for a second, she slowly pulled them apart. A black, metallic, lightning rod type spear began to form. The sky's discharges were attracted to it and formed a magnificent display. She had revealed her Persona.