138 - Heart of a Maiden

Indira Astra - POV;

I looked around the cursed conglomerate of halls, searching for some hint or guide to determine my current position and destination. However, luck was not on my side and I found myself stumbling blindly along the corridor once more.

"Hey, you should really be talking it easy."

"Yeah I know. Sorry. But I really had to pee."

"G-geez... you could have just asked. I would have helped you get to the washrooms."

"Maybe but... it's kind of embarrassing since you'd have to see... you know."

"Th-that's not important. Your health is more important than something like that. It's not like I want to... um... see it... or anything."

"Oh?"

"Shut up!"

The bickering of somewhat familiar voices exhoed through the halls. I knew that I'd heard these people somewhere, but I couldn't recall for sure. This mystery was quickly cleared up however when Storm and Winter Zephyr rounded the corner, the former leaning on the latter who supported him in return.

We came face to face in the middle of the hospital and our eyes locked for a moment. I could see Winter's blood immediately begin to boil and though he was also apprehensive and stared with eyes of disgust, I knew Storm was at least a bit more forgiving.

"Come on Storm, let's get out of here before I hurl. I feel as if I've come into contact with a decomposing pile of trash," Winter barked. I watched them as they walked around me, giving me the cold shoulder.

I continued on my way, sighing as I tried to ignore their reactions. Before long, by which I mean after a very long time, I stumbled into a nurse searching though some of the records she held.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you could tell me how I may get to Aquarius Neptulus' room?" I questioned her.

She raised her eyes in surprise and scanned me from head to toe quickly.

"You are Lady Indira Astra? I believe you are Lady Neptulus' friend?" she guessed.

"Uhhhh... yeah?" I answered, wondering how she knew so much.

"Yes, right this way. I am the nurse assigned to her care," she explained as we travelled up three or four flights of stairs and marched down a long ward before finally coming to a halt.

"Lady Neptulus, you have a visitor," the nurse informed her as she peered into the room. She motioned to me and I entered. Aquarius sat on her bed, sipping tea from the dainty cup in her fair hands.

She looked up slowly at me and exclaimed, "Oh? Indira! It's been so long."

"It's only been two or three weeks. But you sure are lively for being in the hospital and all that," I remarked.

"A woman must be her strongest at the worst times," she answered seriously.

"I see you're taking your 'perfect lady' role to the next level. Careful with all that tea though, you'll get pudgy around the waist," I grinned.

"You're one to talk... you eat everything you get your hands on... and all of it is usually sugar. Ever since we were kids you would be stuffing your face, so much so that you put all the boys to shame," Aquarius murmered.

"That's all fine though. Whatever doesn't go into making my body stronger just flows straight into these girls," I said proudly, bouncing my breasts slighty wth my hands.

"Hmph, no real lady acts so vulgar. Plus, those things would only get in the way. They befit a loose girl like yourself," Aquarius said passive-aggressively.