76 - I'm A Fun Guy

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Isn't this cute?" Evie asked holding up the swimsuit to my face.

"Um, yeah sure. Listen, that's fine and all but why the hell am I in here?" I whispered half awkwardly and agressively.

"Yeah, why is he in here?!" Satella squealed, the alarm in her voice being quite evident.

"Oh come on, if this knucklehead doesn't want to listen to the doctors and rest until his broken bones and wounds have completely healed, he might as well go shopping with us Sat," Evie responded.

"But this is a lingerie store! It's weird with him here!" Satella complained.

"Wait, so you don't want to try on underwear and let him tell you what looks good on you when he sees it?"

"That's-"

"Heh," Evie smirked with a smug expression on her face.

"I hate you Evelynn!" Satella yelled as her face grew red and she marched away.

"Ah shoot. Now she's mad. You can leave if you want Xy, I'm going to have to fox this," Evie stated, amused by the situation she had caused.

"Thank you. Finally!" I exclaimed before hurrying outside. I stood bent over at the railing as I stared at the people hustling around the main area on the lower floor of the Fenix shopping mall. My thoughts were all over the place as I tied my hair back into the ponytail I had become somewhat fond of keeping it in. It kept the hair out of my eyes and was all-round effective.

"Look at you making the girls swoon," Nero laughed, leaning next to me.

"Oh hey. What's up? It's not common to see you here. Is something happening with Blaze?"

"No its nothing like that. I just came to hang around. Wait, do I only appear when something bad is going down or we're discussing the fight against Blaze?" he inquired.

"Huh? No i didn't mean it like that-" I began.

"It's fine, no need to make excuses. Even I realise that that's the case," he interrupted, "Don't worry, I'll make sure to change that impression!"

"Nah, you be you buddy."

"This is me! I'm a fun loving guy! The business shtick is an act to be honest. I don't really feel it but I have to keep up appearances," he laughed.

"Anyway, should you be moving around like this? Your body needs time to heal before the next match in about two weeks," Nero questioned worriedly.

"I'm fine, really. I've always healed quickly. Besides, Evie's on the spot healing really helped," I assured him.

"Well... if you say so. But don't hesitate to tell us if you don't feel so good. If push comes to shove, I'll see that the company pays to have the best doctors in the world look after you guys," he smiled.

"That's.... that's really generous. Thanks. But, I can't let you do that. It won't feel right," I responded.

"Xy! It's terrible! Satella won't even look at me!" Evie rushed out shouting as if in despair.

I looked at her, shaking my head in disapproval as I sighed, "Don't even put on that pitiful act. I know you're loving how much you're ticking her off."

"Yep, I am! You know me so well!" she cheered, bouncing on the spot.

"Hmm?"

Evie stopped her childish display upon noticing Nero standing beside me.

"Nero? What's going on? Is something happening with Blaze?" she enquired.

"Urk! That's really how I come across isn't it..." he stated sadly.