184 - Catherine's Judgement

Dagan Zephyr - POV;

"....gan.......agan.........Dagan!"

Flashes of around a dozen people rushing in every direction appeared in my dazed, half-conscious mind. I felt my body be hoisted out of the ground and laid flat.

As I let out a muffled cough, a voice spoke, "Dagan? He's responsive!"

Through my blurred vision I saw a figure stoop down, boasting a luscious head of flowing green hair. She placed her hand on my chest allowing a warm, soothing energy to flow into me.

A male stepped over, carrying himself upright as he muttered, "Fly them back immediately. Have our best on standby to treat them."

****
*One Month Later*

Four weeks had passed since our devastating defeat at the hands of Xyder alone. In no time at all, he had evolved from an amateur Vessel with barely any control over his elements to a monster whose capabilities, I believe, surpassed even the spectacular showing that Evelynn and Sorine had pulled off against Ignatius. All of us suffered a number of injuries. From what I'd heard, Satella and Rydia were the least harmed, Storm wasn't much worse and Fira, along with Alva, sustained quite a bit more damage. However, my injuries appeared to have been most grievous.

It took us all quite some time to be up and about. I had only just been deemed fit to leave the hospital and, though the others were already fine prior, they were forced to stay warded until every one of us were cleared for discharge; an order directly from the Regulus apparently.

"Dagan!" Alva called out to me, waving to catch my attention as I walked down the halls to the front desk. All of the others had been gathered there, eager to finally leave this place.

"Well look at you. The baby's finally up after his long, loooong night's sleep," Fira snickered.

I merely chuckled in response, "Yep, I'm back. Although I didn't do much to deserve that rest."

"Don't take it too hard on yourself Dagan," Satella said sincerely.

"Yeah, your plan was the best shot we had to win. He was just way out of our league," Rydia added.

"Plus," Storm chimed in, "We'd probably all be dead if you didn't buy time until help arrived. He only left us be because he knew he couldn't take on all of them alone."

"Mr. Dagan," a young nurse addressed me with a smile, "all of your paperwork has already been handled. All of you are free to leave. I hope you have a great day."

"I hope I can get your number," I responded almost immediately.

"I hope we can get going," Alva growled and twisted my ear before happily thanking the nurse. We stepped outside, gleefully chatting away as we allowed ourselves to forget our tragedies for only a moment but this all changed when we came face to face with a luxurious limousine infront of which stood the serious faces of none other than Lady Catherine and Regulus Seraphim.

"Get in."

We were all ushered into the back along with the Regulus and his advisor. They sat at the very rear while we took up positions on the seats arranged in a rectangular fashion such that all the passengers could see each other. The second the driver started the vehicle and drove off, Lord Seraphim unleashed hell on us.

"Are all of you fucking morons?! What the hell did you think you were doing?!" he roared.

"We were just try-" I began.

"Shut your damn mouth and listen to me!" he cut me off, "Your parents and guardians had been bickering at me every few minutes after all of you picked yourselves up and left! Not only that, the World Heirarchy has been hounding at me at every turn since that incident asking why the remaining Epitomes of Zephyr had helped Xyder obliterate an entire mountain range! Do you know how much doubt that casts on us for them to interpret something like this after I went out of my way following the Fenix Massacre to assure them that you all weren't turncoats like Xyder and the rest?! Do you all have no brains in those worthless heads of yours?!"