116 - X Versus R

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Oh god I'm so happy you were able to go freely!" Naomi squealed, wrapping her arms around me, at least as far as they could go.

"Oh my, how lewd," Evie snickered.

"I knew you were always a killer sis!" Emiko teased.

"You young ones have grown so bold these days," Catherine chuckled.

"No um," Naomi reeled in shock, "I don't like Xyder- no I mean I do, just not um..."

"Oh yeah, yeah. I know," I answered awkwardly.

"No but I do like... you know... like care about you... we're like friends and stuff," she barely got out.

"Yeah I know what you mean. I get it."

"Well that's good.... um... yeah."

Everyone around us began to giggle at the expense of Naomi and myself, both of whom became a stuttering mess.

"But really, Naomi, thank you. You bailed us out of an absolutely terrible position when no one else would... even at the risk of yourself and your family. Thank you. Thank all of you. I can never repay you for this," I told them.

"Oh come on, we're even now aren't we?"  Zeliel grinned.

"Yeah," Emiko chimed in, "We told you before right? We owed you first. We'd have been dead if you hadn't come back that day."

"I see. Then if that is how you feel, then consider all debts paid. Although there never was a debt to be paid in the first place. Friends help out each other just because they want to right? No payment required," I smiled.

"Xyder!"

I turned to find Dagan and the rest of our teams running towards us where we stood, outside of the courthouse. He shook my hand and hugged me, sincerely.

"It's good to have you back buddy," he muttered.

"I hope you took care of the others while I was away," I joked.

"I did my best but I'm no leader like you," he answered.

"It seems that all has turned out in your favour, Xyder," Regulus Grisha Astra smiled as he stepped away from the wall he was leaning against.

"What do you want Grisha?" Catherine growled.

"Acceptance. It hurts for you to dismiss me like this after everything that was," Grisha answered.

"Exactly. It *was*. All of that was thrown away the moment you sent xyder to die and betrayed us!" Catherine snapped.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. It was never my intention," he stated.

"Everything may have worked out for us but it's still too late for sorry," Catherine muttered.

"But I-"

"Save your breath father. It's pitiful to be begging them for their approval like his when you yourswlf are the greatest the world has seen," Indira Astra chuckled as she appeared beside her parent.

"Congrats on the 'not guilty'. And I've heard that you're back in the running for the tournament. Must be nice to pull off a miracle like that," Indira grinned.

"I guess news travels fast," I responded.

"Not that it matters," she continued in a smug tone.

"What?"

"Your luck might have gotten you this far but it's about to run out. Astra WILL be getting into the final round and I promise you that we will be winning it all," Indira laughed, "After all, I have a duty to prove to Zephyr that Astra hasn't grown any weaker in these years gone by if I am to live up to the pact formed in brotherhood between our clans."