152 - A Drive For Love

Satella Zephyr - POV;

"Hey, you," a female called out to me suddenly.

"Kyah!" I cried out in surprise, not noticing that Cheryl appeared and now stood only two feet behind me.

"Oh, sorry... is this a bad time?" she said, looking at my tear-soaked face.

"N-no. Sorry," I apologised, wiping my face to make myself presentable, "What is it?"

"Everyone was looking for you. They're down in the dining area, getting ready to eat," Cheryl answered.

"I see. I guess I should join them," I said as I was about to head inside.

"No you're not," Cheryl said, stepping between the balcony door and myself as she shut it.

"What are you doing?" I questioned a bit confused.

"What are you doing getting so close to Xyder?" she shot back.

"Huh? I don't know what you mean," I told her.

"Don't play dumb with me. I know you've been getting close to him!" she hissed.

"We've always been close!" I protested.

"So you admit it! You're trying to take him away! I was right to be worrying while we were gone! I just knew you'd try something!" she shouted.

"Where is this even coming from?!" I spoke up, taken aback by her behaviour. Without warning, she violently flung a small stack of paper at my face. I grew a bit angry at her audacity but this quickly changed into shock as my eyes fell on the slips of paper; images clearly showing myself and Xyder holding each other closely and leaning in for a kiss.

"Wait, these are..." I muttered.

"Jacqueline and Disas had gotten a bit excited taking every picture they could on the night of the ball," she explained in a angry monotone, "Seems they forgot about these when they were showing ne their album because they froze when they turned to the page."

"No, this is... there was that attack right after this. I didn't get to kiss him in the end!" I defended.

"What?! So you were trying to lay your hands on him you slimy slug!" Cheryl screeched, practically launching herself on me and scratching at me while pulling my hair. I desperately tried to push her away and tugged on her own strands as I did. We became engaged in a fairly rough struggle and Cheryl was certainly out to hurt me.

"He's my fiancé! WE are in love with each other! You should just get out of our lives!" she snapped.

"Who do you think you are?!" I answered back, my blood finally boiling, "I've been woth Xyder his whole life. You weren't there when he was alone, sick, hurt or in need of help! I was! You're just a nobody who thinks she is special because she has a pretty face!"

Cheryl promptly bit down on my hand causing me to scream out in pain as she drew blood but I, in turn, dug into the flesh of her forearm with my nails.

"Slam!" the door to the balcony was flung open and Xyder stood at the entrance glaring at us seriously.

"Xyder?!" we both cried out in unison as we quickly stepped away from each other and looked down in shame and embarrassment.