104 - His Safety

Seraphim Zephyr III - POV;

"We're here sir," the chauffeur stated, exiting the vehicle. He walked over to the rear passenger door, oppening it for me. I stepped out and stared at the grand city standing tall around me. I held out my hand and helped the woman exiting the car after me.

"What a gentleman," she giggled, "you can hardly hold yourself up on your own two feet and yet you're aiding me to mine."

"Your jokes cut deep. You know how I feel about my disabilities Catherine," I told her.

"I do. That's why its fun to say these things at your expense," she responded mischievously.

"Now I remember where Evelynn got that wicked side of hers," I laughed.

"She got it from that perverted son of yours," she muttered.

"Kristæl wasn't like that," I muttered.

"Oh? You wouldn't say the same thing if you lived a day in my shoes. The things that beast did to poor Cynthia and I," she cried out sarcastically.

"Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kris himself got that from you old man," she teased before running ahead. I followed her shaking my head in disapproval but with a broad smile across my face.

"I wonder how those children are holding up...." Catherine muttered.

"Come on Catherine. We need to find a place to stay," I told her.

"What do you mean?" she enquired, "Fenix booked all of the Rising Flames hotel just for the elemental clans didn't they?"

"They did."

"So then we already have a place," she continued.

"No. We'll go somewhere else," I stated.

"What are you saying?" she pressed. With clenched teeth and closed eyes, I merely shook my head, unsure of how to respond.

"Seraphim... we've come all the way here... We're IN Fenix City and you still want to stay away from them?! Seraphim, they're our own. Those children are Zephyr's. I can't even imagine what they're going through right now. At least show them your face. Let them know that we.... that you care," she pleaded.

"I didn't come here to cuddle them! We came on the Heirarchy's summons. That's what we'll tend to," I responded bluntly.

"You're unbelievable. I really don't believe this," she grumbled.

"You've gotten quite comfortable opposing me recently Catherine," I growled.

"It's because I'm reaching my limit with your crap," she blurted out, "I've been standing by it for years... especially since we sent Kristæl and Cynthia to die. Even I can only handle so much before breaking!"

"Watch what you say so openly! Besides, who do you think you are?!" I boomed.

"Your advisor. That's why I've been advising you against your bullshit for over a decade," she retorted, "Just go where the hell you want. I'll be on my way."

"Oh come on, Catherine. Where are you going?" I called as she turned and began walking away.

"To be with those young ones," she muttered.

"Catherine, don't be rediculous! What? Am I supposed to go to the meeting alone?" I shouted.

"Why not? You've been making decisions yourself all this time. You don't need me," she responded bitterly as she disappeared around a corner.

"Ventus have mercy," I murmered cupping my face with my left palm, "This woman will send me to an early grave . I've already got a foot in too."

"Woah. What was that? A lover's quarrel?"