109 - The Regulus Summit

Seraphim Zephyr the Third - POV;

"I still think we should have brought one of the children along. Maybe Dagan? That boy has great potential as a leader," Catherine thought aloud as we walked through the streets of Zephyr City.

"The Summit isn't a place for those kids... and I'm sure they are gearing up to be especially ruthless against Zephyr, given the current situation," I muttered.

"Aww, you really can be sweet you old slab of beef. You're worried about them and their feelings," she poked me mischievously as she spoke.

"Tch. Of course not. They'd just get in my way," I answered, trying to keep a tough appearance and annoyed tone as I realised the many eyes glancing in our direction. It's clear we were being recognised and many would be understandably surprised to see an Elemental Clan Regulus just casually strolling to a meeting, Regulus Summit no less. Unlike the rest who would often move with an entourage in high-end vehicles, I was much more fond of a relaxing journey by foot. Perhaps it was owed to the fact that I was of a previous generation, less familiar with technology.

"Even as an old man, your denial is adorable. It's no wonder Lady Sophia fell for you when you were in your youth," she teased.

"I'll have you know that this old mn could get another wife anyday if he so wanted," I retorted.

"Of course you can," she responded sarcastically.

As we approached the building officially assigned to house our meeting, I noticed a familiar figure stationed across the street. He seemed to be awaiting someone else and I quickly realised the situation when we were close.

"Good morning Lord Zephyr, Lady Catherine. Lady Catherine you call-" the brown-haired boy began.

"Oh Dagan, what a coincidence!" Catherine interuppted him, "Who thought we would run into you here? Ahh, this must be fate! Well, since you're here why don't you accompany us to the summit?"

I looked back at her suspiciously and in response, she looked away and began to whistle. I sighed and brought my palm to my face. It was clear that she'd told him to come in secret, despite me instructing her not to on multiple occasions.

"Is that really okay?" he asked, looking at us both.

"Alright, come along," I told him, "The exposure to political matters like this could be useful for you in the future."

****
Evelynn Zephyr - POV:

"Damn it!" Storm shouted, punching the desk in the hotel room.

"Storm, please calm down," Satella spoke up.

"Why? We all could use a punching bag right now," Sorine grunted, "This is so FUCKING frustrating!"

"Did none of you have any luck?" I asked in an unintentionally angry tone.

"We're doing the best we can Evie. We've spoken to hundreds of lawyers and officials but none of them want to take up the case," Winter responded, "You can't be getting pissed at us."

"I know, I know!" I whimpered, "I'm just really stressed and sad and-"

I cut myself off as I dropped into a chair and held my head tightly while fighting back my tears. Winter walked over to me and with a hug she whispered, "Don't worry Evie, it'll work. That meathead won't let himself be taken out just like that. He has ungodly luck on his side."

"But if he doesn't get a lawyer by tomorrow then... then..." I wept.

"Shh, it will be okay."

"The others should be getting back real soon too. Maybe one of them found someone willing to rep," Storm assured.