173 - A Solemn Memorial

Dagan Zephyr - POV;

"Did we really have to come here first?" Rydia inquired sadly as we made our way through the streets.

"There is a direct transport route to Oceanica through here," I stated.

"But still..." Rydia trailed off.

"I understand," Naomi spoke up, "The atmosphere here is thick with sorrow. Everyone is still mourning. Even though its been some time since they died, all of Neptulus City still grieves the loss of Regulus Damon and Regulus Heir Aquarius. The monuments and memorials all over the city are heartbreaking to see."

Despite her stern attitude yesterday, I could see that Naomi was still the kind, gentle soul Xyder had nurtured a friendship with and it was clear why he trusted her. Even though she could be serious when needed, she had a natural motherly aura to her. I could see that she could feel the cries and pain of these people perhaps better than any of us.

"And what about you Dagan? Are you okay?" Naomi turned to me.

"Me? Yeah. Why do you ask?" I inquired.

"Well, other than Xyder and Evelynn, you knew Aquarius and Indira the best out of all of us. You were even there with them that day. This must be taking a toll on you," she surmised.

"Well... I guess you're right. It's kind of weird... thinking that, other than their killers, I was the last one to see them alive. They gave everything to protect Xyder, Zephyr and honestly... all of the people there in Fenix City. They were heroes to their last breath; far greater than I could dream to be. Their last request to me was to save Xyder.... but I couldn't," I explained.

Naomi placed her hand on my back in a comforting manner as she continued, "From what I read, apparently they are having a small gathering in remembrance of Regulus Damon and Aquarius in the Residential District of Neptulus City. For this special occasion, they are opening it temporarily to the public... Maybe we can go pay our respects?"

****
"They will always be remembered in the hearts of every man, woman and child they have touched with their kindness. They may have been the leaders and bosses of this land officially, but in truth Lord Damon and Lady Aquarius were, to all of us, a father, brother, sister, daughter and friend. Until the day we are reunited in the highest plane of the next world, we will miss you both dearly and we hope that, as you rest in peace, you smile down on us and shower us with your strength so we may live the righteous lives you wanted us to exhibit. Praise to Regulus Damon Neptulus! Praise to Lady Aquarius Neptulus!" the male, whom I could only assume was the former Advisor to Regulus Damon, cheered. Even with their heavy hearts and tear-soaked faces, the people erupted in a chorus of praises and shouts of victory for the departed father and daughter.

We stood towards the back of the gathered masses. Despite being a 'small' event, people had cone put in the hundreds of thousands... a sure testament to greatness, influence and, most importantly, kindness that Damon and Aquarius possessed. It frankly knew no bounds.

"Wherever you may be, I know you are still looking out for those you care for. Be strong Aquarius," I offered my own silent prayer.

"Preach her glory," an elderly man from the crowd smiled at me and I emulated with a nod.

"Lord Damon and his daughter were far too good for this world," he lamented, "They believed in people too much. To think they allied with Zephyr only for that boy Xyder Zephyr to stab them in the back. To think the Regulus Heir of Zephyr would work with Blaze to carry out such heinous murder and crimes. It's deplorable. If ot were me in charge, I'd have him tried as being guilty for what happened in Fenix, for Astra's predicament and definitely for the deaths of our beloveds. The rest of Zephyr should be put under the microscope as well. Why should they be scot-free while we suffer?"