133 - Forest of Evelynn

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Yeah!!!" the crowds erupted as we made our way onto the field. Excitement filled the Coliseum once more but I and the rest of Zephyr didn't feel it. Our minds and hearts were heavy; burdened by the events earlier in the day. When Neptulus joined us, I could see that Aquarius was still visibly troubled as she had been at the start of the day's events.

"You okay?" I called out to her, "You've seemed down for a while."

She looked up at me, inquiring, "Why bother with the feelings of your opposition? Besides, you all are having a harder time than myself after what happened earlier. Are they alright?"

"So much for not caring about your opposition," I half-smiled, "We can only hope they pull through but honestly, no, they're far from alright."

"I'm sorry Xyder, but even so I cannot allow you to win this fight. I have my own reasons and goals. For that I have no choice but to beat you here," Aquarius announced.

"I'd expect no less from you Princess Neptulus, but I'm afraid that I can't let you win either. I have something to fight for as well and I am ready to give my everything towards that cause!" I declared.

"Xy, be careful. For all intents and purposes, she's every bit as powerful as Indira," Evie warned.

"Of course, but you guys better take care of yourselves as well. Especially you two: Satella, Jacqueline," I resonded, "We can't underestimate her teammates. You should stand back."

"What? Xyder I can fight!" Satella argued.

"I can too!" Jaqueline insisted.

"But can you really?!" I asked them sternly, "Satella, you can fight with a blade but your flames are nothing compared to their water. And Jaqueline, you have no elemental power to even speak of, nor are you great with physical combat. How do you expect to do anything?! Are you trying to end up like Disas and the others?!"

Jacqueline gasped and recoiled slightly, horror and disbelief plastered across her face. She began to tear up as she murmered, "Even you too... I thought that atleast you would understand me but it seems I really am useless."

"Xyder!" Satella scolded.

"Xy, I understand where you're coming from but that's too far," Evie said to me, "We have to work together to get through this. Like a team, remember?"

"Right... right. Sorry, I said too much. I'm still on edge," I apologised.

"We all are," Sorine grunted, "Now let's get through this and carry the good news back to our friends!"

"Match start!"

Aquarius instantly went to action, moving her arms around her in an intricate, smooth pattern as whole streams of water shot up and spiralled around her. She was lifted into the air by her element and before long, she looked down on us while suspended in the air at the centre of a hundred raging torrents.

Her allies were all lifted to a height just beneath her and they wasted no time in pointing their palms towards us, raining high-pressure shots of water down on us.

Suddenly some twenty layers of bark erected itself infront of us to form a wall. Evelynn kept her arms raised, focusing on maintaining her shield while we stalled for time and planned our next move.

"Well this is bad. The five of them are flying," I muttered.

"Yeah no shit, Sherlock," Sorine grunted.

"How do we deal with that?! I can't fly!" Jacqueline shrieked.

"Neither can I! I can jump pretty high though..." Satella trailed off.