13 - Epitomes Unite

Storm Zephyr - POV;

"Tuck your tails and run bitches!"

A man had come running towards us and leapt into the air using a levitating platform. He dropped down heavily on the stone where we lay causing it to crack. Large spikes created from the earth around us shot up in a spiral pattern forming a wall and skewering the creatures in its vicinity.

"Dagan?" I groaned as I saw the familiar face.

"The one and only!" he smiled and flashed a thumbs up sign.

"Don't slack off Dagan!" a girl with fiery red hair shouted as she vaulted over Dagan. I immediately recognised her as the Epitome of Ignis. She drove her katana into the ground causing an eruption of flames to emerge.

"Good job!" another girl exclaimed. She, the Epitome of Ventus, caused a large whirling mass of air which spread the fire all across the clearing, bunimg the beasts to a crisp.

"Hey! Be careful you two!" a squeaky female voice complained. A blue haired girl, the Epitome of Aqua, entered the scene bringing a rushing wave of water to douse the burning grass and trees.Another wave of beasts burst out of the forests in a rage.

"Damnit! My fire can't work in this flood you brought here!" the Epitome of Ignis grunted.

"Leave it to me!" A fourth girl dropped down from above and as she landed on the water it froze solid beneath her feet.

"Get ready!" she smirked as she rose sharp pieces of the ice into the air and rained it down on the beasts below.

"Is it over?!" Dagan inquired.

Suddenly a loud crashing noise caught everyone's attention. An echoing howl shook the ground and left everyone fighting to remain upright. Something was coming, and as it did it fell the trees in its path easily.

"Something big's comin' this way!" Dagan warned.

"Yeah no crap, Sherlock!" the Epitome of Ignis scoffed.

"Where did something of that size even come from?! And why are all of these beasts on Zephyr's protected land?!" the blue haired girl squealed.

"It seems it wasn't over huh Dagan?" a newcomer sighed, "This is why I tell you to shut your trap. You've placed a blight on us again!"

The speaker stepped forward, swagger embodying her gait. She swung her hips from side to side as she played with her long blonde twintails.

"How nice of you to grace us with your presence your greatness, Sorine," Dagan called out.

"Your attempts at flattery disgust me!" Sorine spat.

"Hey, it was worth a try okay baby girl," Dagan said slyly.

As he finished his sentence a giant hound like beast burst out of the thickets. It roared, bringing forth a second army of the smaller beasts feom earlier.

"God, they just keep coming!" Dagan exclaimed.

"Dagan! You and the others will take out the small fries! Leave me with the big one," Sorine instructed.

The Epitomes all spread out and began to clear out the packs that kept charging forward while Sorine stared directly at the largest of the bunch; her one and only foe in this battle.

Sorine and the beast locked eyes for well over two minutes. She paced back and forth while the creatures bobbed its head sideways. Then, in a blinding flash of lightning, she shot forward and drawing out an electrical greatsword, she jammed the blade into the monster's head.

The blade shorted with a huge explosion launching both Sorine and her enemy. Sorine expertly landed on both her feet. Even the beast made an impressive recovery after quickly rolling to a stand from his fallen position.

"You're tough!" Sorine laughed, "but not tough enough!" She zipped to the top of the remains of the tallest tree.

"Come forth Thundara!" A huge, metallic, black spear formed in her arms and the skies lent her its powers by sending continuous strikes of lightning down onto her Persona.

"This is your end!" she screamed as the concentrated blast of electricity shot towards her opponent at breakneck speeds.

"Take cover!!!!" Dagan screamed as he created an earthern shield around as many of us as he could.

The attack ripped through the beast and all of its smaller companions, frying their bodies with the immense power. The shot erupted upwards and spread out into the sky after colliding with the ground at full force and brought along deafening booms of thunder.

"It's over!" Sorine announced, zooming back down to the ground. She was slightly haunched forward and panted heavily. Indeed her risky move had cleared the entire population of the invading species.

"Thank God that's over!" Dagan sighed.

"Csshhh!" A unison of crumbling, crushing and collapsing rock brought an easily audible sound akin to that of the most destructive of Earthquakes.

"Your mouth Dagan!" Sorine growled.

A new roar terrorised the Earth causing the ground to literally split and cave in on itself ahead of us. From the created gorge a gigantic, clawed beast, as tall as a mountain itself, emerged. Immediately after, not one or two but three canine heads reared up from the hellish depths. The beast raised its torso entirely from the pits and its three skulls touched even the clouds themself. It looked down baring 7 ft. long fangs at us menacingly.

"What the hell is that!?" Dagan exclaimed.

"I can't believe it," Sorine muttered, "But is has to be. The guardian of Hell's gate himself........ That- That's-"

"Cerberus!" Yet another voice bellowed. I turned my head slightly only to choke in awe and confusion.

Xyder stood infront of the infernal demonic hound with an army of canine beasts behind him, however these looked far more menacing and powerful than those which assaulted us previously.

"Cerberus! Return to the hell from whence you came! This is not your place to be! Go back to the gates you have been entrusted to guard with your life!" Xyder exclaimed.

Then, the last thing i would have ever expected occured before my very eyes. The creature responded, "Vghy cghuord a ra"t < uk vghu dut dur ouvt o^n"bd by uvd rzkoou? (Why should I listen to one who does not even understand my own tongue?)"

Although I could not tell what was being said, it amazed me how intelligent such a creature was. It wasn't just myself however as the Epitomes seemed to be equally blown away. Then to add to the confusion, Xyder proceeded to pursue a conversation.

"Vghu cuyc ;ur a ub akdsbr < yuor vsdc? A crouug zry rs yuor uvd kkd Cerberus. Ra"t < bou! (Who says that i am ignorant to your words? I speak only for your own good Cerberus. Listen to me!)" Xyder responded.

"Ugh? Vghu uh yuo guy? Vghu uh yuo vghu qubadc ;ac urby ur :' ghuo^c bd qb hru* va; uor doubzaq vsdc? (Oh? Who are you boy? Who are you who commands this army of hell hounds and can relate with our demonic words?)" Cerberus responded.

"A ub r: qorj ur yt bd ybk, dorrork gy r: ruvnc ur rtougruou! A ub r: g✡ ur doubzc!" Xyder proclaimed.

Cerberus laughed,"A cm. ;t a cghu' :k yuor vurd✡c bd hrord < by rruqou! (I see. Then I shall heed your warnings and return to my place!)"

Without a further sound, Cerberus retreated into the ground followed by the army Xyder brought with him and the gorge slowly closed in and sealed itself leaving only a rough scar where the land once split.

Xyder walked forward shakibly but soon fell motionless to the cold floor.

*Pictured- Dagan Zephyr