139 - Xyder's Promise

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Ohh. Yes, right there! Harder! Harder! Ahhn!" Evelynn squealed in delight.

"Evie, I swear to God if you don't knock it off I'll make you go see a psychiatrist," I stated seriously as I stepped back, stopping the massage I'd been giving her.

"Hey, you're the one who owes me here," she pouted, "or did you already forget what you caused to happen earlier?"

"R-right..." I sighed as the memories of that morning came flooding back.

****
*two hours ago*

"Do you seriously have to be doing this right now?" I groaned as I looked up at my elder sister. She stood on a small step ladder as she rummaged through the top shelf of books at Fenix City's oldest library.

"You don't have to just sit there and watch me though. I never told you to come but if you're here you might as help me go through all of these," she muttered.

"But that's so tedious and boring! Besides, I don't know what exactly you're looking for. You keep writing in that diary of yours but you won't let me see what's inside," I moaned.

"Of course I'm not letting you. A girl needs her privacy and I have alot of secret things in here... creep!" she teased me playfully, "Anyway, I'll be spending quite some time in here yet so why don't you just go hang out with the others if you aren't doing anything?"

"Well Dagan, Disas and Storm are in the hospital obviously. Sorine, Celes and Jacqueline are all over Dagan right now. Winter has fallen head over heels for Storm and she won't leave him be... not that he seems to mind. Nero is looking whatever more he can dig up on Blaze. And lastly Emiko and Zeliel are out, scanning the area where Blaze's hideout is well... hidden," I explained.

"Huh..." Evie thought to herself before continuing, "So what about Satella?"

"She's at Storm's right now. If I ask her she'll probably chill out with me but.... well things are still kinda weird and awkward between us. When others are there that's one thing but if we're alone..." I trailed off.

"Really now Xy? It sounds to me that you just need to grow a pair of balls, 'little' bro," Evie snickered.

Not amused, I noticed an opportunity to strike and I took it. As she reached for the top of the shelf, her top lifted slightly exposing a bit of skin around her mid-section. Using my ultra-sneaking abilities I made my way behind her without her realisation and unleashed my ultimate attack: the tickling fingers of doom!

"Kyaaah! Ahahahahahahahaha! Nooo! Xy stop! Ahahahahahahahahhaha! What are you- Ahhhh!"

In the midst of my assault Evie had lost her balance, and as she fell the three feet to the floor, she had grabbed at the shelf haphazardly, causing it to wobble and rain an avalanche of books down on us both.

"Crash!"

A terrible sound echoed throughout the library as we were buried by the hail of texts. Who knew knowledge could be so painful?

"Oh my God, are you all okay?!" the librarian girl exclaimed, running towards us. I burst out of my grave and dug through the pile to find my sister curled up on the ground.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow. My body hurts," she whimpered.

****
*present*

"Do your ankles still hurt?" I inquired, squeezing her feet.

"No, it's mostly fine now," she answered blissfully, "Now go out and buy me a strawberry parfait. I could use a bar of dark chocolate, pizza and some chips as well."