120 - A Secret Meeting

Evelynn Zephyr - POV;

I sat silently and idly stirred the coffee laid down infront of me. I had been waiting for someone else at the familiar, dainty tea house at which I'd met my Grandfather a few days ago.

"Hey there sexy, I couldn't help but notice you were all alone," a snobby guy in his late teens said in a conceited tone as he approached my table, "This seat taken?"

"Yeah. Can't you see my friend, Mister Ghost in it?" I told him sarcastically.

"Aww don't be like that baby, I can show you a good time," he laughed, reaching towards me. I recoiled slightly in disgust.

"Alright, that's enough bud. She's with me," a second male grunted seriously as he grabbed onto the snob's wrist. I could tell that his grip was a powerful one as the pick-up artist's hand began to quiver.

"Nero, you're finally here!" I blurted out.

He eventually managed to wrench his arm away from Nero's grasp as he grumbled, "You could have just said you had a guy. Sheesh."

As he walked off I spoke to the stoic Nero, "Took you long enough. Any later and I think I might have been violated."

Nero shook his head but couldn't stop the smile creeping up on his lips. "Your humor is as crude as ever Evelynn."

"No but seriously, thanks for getting rid of that creep," I showed my gratitude.

"No worries. Anyway, you said you guys had something to talk to me about? Where's Xyder?" the white-haired boy inquired.

"He's training for the tournament," I answered.

"Training?"

"He's not coming Nero. No one else is. It's just me," I revealed.

"Oh.... It's just you? That's... interesting," he muttered, sitting across from me at my table, "So what's up?"

"You were following Xyder's case weren't you? You're familiar with everyhing that went down in court?" I interrogated.

"Of course. I received Xyder's message from a girl to stay away from the court so I chose to keep my distance. Even still however, I used other means of listening in on the proceedings so I'm well aware of it all," he explained.

"That makes sense. You would have been a suspect if they made the connection which is why we decided you shouldn't be close by. Of course we know how those members of Blaze died but Naomi twisted the truth to convince everyone otherwise. Not the most noble thing but I guess it was necessary," I continued.

"I'm sorry you had to see that side of me," he apologised.

"So what do you think about those attacks in Fenix City? The rogue car and the building bombing?" I pressed.

"They're terrible. Truly sad incidents. Blaze is going too far. They're even willing to involve innocent people. From what I've jeard the Police Force here in Fenix is working overtime to figure this out. Alot of people have been blaming Zegarth, especially after you all 'proved' that he was launching a terrorist attack which Xyder prevented. Speaking of which, has Xyder been questioned regarding the incident. It's hard to believe they wouldn't look at him for some info considering that all of this comes on the cusp of his innocence. They must believe that the two are related," Nero reasoned.

"They did infact ask him a few things. Us too. They didn't get much from anyone though, especially nothing about Naomi and the car's owner. But is that all you have to say on the matter? It's sad? Are you sure you don't know anything else that may be related to the café or the Oakhart Company?" I asked.