98 - Phantoms Arise

A/N - Holiday cheers and greetings! In light of this auspicious occasion, I've decided to celebrate with the release of a new chapter today! This was originally carded for release this weekend but think of it as a special gift. Chapter 99 launches on Friday/Saturday but keep an eye out as we just may welcome in the New Year with that glorious century mark! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Grisha Astra - POV;

"Is that all you've got?!" Kristæl bellowed, lauching towards me, body coated in flames.

"Try me!" I screamed zipping in his direction, my once solid body, now a mass of lightning.

We both spun around, the wings created from our respective elements facilitating this motion, before morphing our legs into their initial solid state. With tremendous force, the limbs slammed  into each other exploding in a ball of electricity and fire. The pressure of the bomb-like result left us both rocketing backwards. With a twist and a turn, we both managed to land on one knee and immediately returned our attention towards each other. Kristæl rose to his feet, a bloodthirsty gaze plastered across his face. I emulated this, unwilling to back down. Slowly but surely however, his facial features shifted to a grinning one.

"You've come far in such a short time, Grisha. Your element has now truly become yours. I'd even say that you just might even be on my level," he snickered.

"Oh? You still think you're ahead of me?" I laughed, "I guess I'm fine with that. I don't see this student passing a teacher like you anytime soon."

"Don't say that Grisha, you still have great room to grow. You will rise above the stars and this world. You're a great man Grisha," he muttered as we exchanged high-fives.

"It's been a month since I returned to the Enforcers and we still don't have a lead to the Phantom Syndicate's leader. To make matter worse, I still haven't been able to rebuild my squad. The First Squad of the Enforcers is supposed to represent the pinnacle of the World Heirarchy's strength and yet we are in shambles because of me. It's put everyone on edge and I just don't know what to do anymore. There are some recruits I have my eye on but they need more training before they join the ranks. Squad 1 consists of one member.... it's current leader and the cause of its previous demise Grisha Astra. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just left after that incident, Kristæl" I sighed.

"There are many things in the World Heirarchy that I disagree with Grisha but there is one thing that is certain. They HAVE helped people before. They, through the Enforcers have risked themselves time and time again so that thousands if not millions of people wouldn't have to. If you truly love your place in the World Heirarchy, you should strive to maintain it. As long as that dream meets your own ideals, run with it," he told me, placing his hand on my shoulder, "Besides, I couldn't think of someone better to lead the strongest forces of the World Heirarchy."

"Ring! Ring! Ring!"

"Is it Versailles?" Kristæl questioned.

"It is," I responded.

"Answer it but I want to hear what he says."

I complied with Kristæl's request, turning on my cellphone's loudspeaker.

"Hello? Regulus Grisha Astra speaking."

"Grisha, it's urgent! Where are you?!"

"I'm just outside of the city. Why? Is something happening?"

"Outside of which city?!"

"Great Zenith City, that surrounds the World Heirarchy HQ and the Enforcer Barracks," I answered.