20 - Eye of Gold

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

flashback begin

Evie turned around and said, "Xyder, I didn't hold back against you, in fact I put more into that fight than any of the last battles I took part in. The truth is that I used my entire arsenal against you. The reason I could use other elements in the first fight and the truth behind your ability is that we have a unique power buried in these eyes of ours. I am sure you have wondered why you have two eyes of different colours. This yellow eye of ours can do something that anyone who didn't see it for themselves would find it hard to believe. These eyes Xyder, they have the unique trait of being able to perfectly replicate any move or ability it witnesses for a short period of time, in fact it can even boost the effects of the abilities depending on the strength of the user. That is how I was able to use another's flame on that day. To defeat Fira or Sorine you will have to utilize the power given to you by the eye. It's the only way!"

"Wait, wait. You're saying that I can copy any ability?" I interrupted.

"I mean, you will need to get dome practice first but yeah, you can copy anything. Just be careful, if a particular enemy's attack depends on the user having certain traits, e.g. a Demon King's power depends on his body and its internal structure being strong enough to contain his dark energy, then if you copy their movesbut you don't have the required trait, the move will either fail or you will be injured," Evie continued.

"Hmm, interesting," I muttered.

"About your sword, Xyder. Do you know how it works?"

"Ragnarök?" I asked, "I have an idea. I initially thought that it used to interfere with people's control over their powers but now I believe it can actually undo any power itself. The big kicker though is that-"

"Is that it draws from your own energy and strength to perform these feats," Evie interrupted.

"Yeah," I confirmed, "and the more powerful the ability being undone or the more times I use Ragnarök results in my endurance being drained so much more quickly."

"You will have to find a balance between the eye and the sword in order to become most efficient at fighting. I have a plan for your future fights by the way," Evie noted.

"A plan?" I was intrigued.

"Yo will fight your opponents with the element that they are weak to. If you face off against Sorine, you will use Earth and if you fight Fira then Water is your friend. Rydia and Dagan should both be at the coliseum. I will convince them to do something with their ability in a visible area. Make sure you copy the power when they use it!"

flashback end

* * * *

Fira had begun to tear up as she sat on the ground defeated. I wobbly walked up to her, weakened by my overuse of Ragnarök. I extended my arm towards her.

"Get your perverted hands away from me!" she shouted.

I complied knowing that trying any more would only incur her wrath upon me.

"You know," I said to her," I did say some crude things before and they were uncalled for. That being said, I honestly do think that you are an amazing person Fira." I slowly walked away from the girl without so much as a single word more.

The second match of the day proved to be quite a heated one as well but alas, Dagan had fallen to Sorine's overwhelming strength. The Grand Finale Fight was now set and it would pit me against the formidable Sorine Zephyr for the second time. I had vowed to take revenge for the two instances of assault against Satella and the two against Storm. Not to mention the fact that she tried to fry me and I would be dead were it not for Dagan's intervention.

The final day of the tournament rapidly approached us and everyone shivered in excitement for tomorrow; a day that could change the course of the future for the Zephyr Clan.

* * * *

"It's only a matter of time until I am free. These chains have shackled me for six years too many. But have no worries my dear boy. I know that you will accept me for you are my Jekyll and I am your Hyde!"