113 - Naomi's Objection!

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Please rise," the bailiff instructed, "Court is now in session. Presiding is the Honorable Judy Rudaia Drakon."

A woman entered, looking no older than thirty, before sitting at the bench as she stated, "Our duty today is to determine whether the defendant is guilty or not based on the facts and evidence provided in this case. The prosecution must prove the crime was committed and that it was perpetrated by the defendant. However, if this cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt then the defendant shall be declared not guilty. Bailiff, what is today's case?"

"Your honour, today's case is The World Heirarchy versus Regulus Heir Xyder Zephyr."

"Is the prosecution ready?"

"Yes, your honour."

"Is the defense ready?"

"Yes, your honour," Naomi responded. Evelynn's knees shivered visibly from her fear and nervousness but Naomi on the other hand stood tall and proud, unfazed by her opponents.

"The prosecution may now present their case."

"Thank you, your honor. Mr. James Hinds was found dead in a storeroom in the underground carpark of the Oakhart Company Building on the evening of the recent Ball held to welcome and celebrate the performances of the Elemental Clans and there Reguluses. At the time, irrefutable evidence led the Fenix Police Force and the World Heirarchy's Elite Enforcers to perform an organised operation to arrest the primary suspect, Xyder Zephyr, immediately. The evidence is as follows. Mr. Hinds death was found to have occurred within the week of his discovery. His corpse was found bathed in a pool of his own blood. In a final effort to seek justice, he used the remaining ounce of his strength to write the name of his killer using his own blood. The letters? X, Y, D, E and R."

Gasps and murmers erupted from the audience as the prosecution displayed an image of the crime scene.

"There's no way," Evelynn, who sat beside me at the defense' bench, murmered.

"It's seems someone was definitely out to frame you," Naomi grunted.

"The prosecution would first like to call another witness to the stand however: the homicide detective who was first on the scene upon the precinct receiving reports."

A burly man took to the stand immediately. On his chest, he had pinned a badge which identified his place amongst the Police Force.

"Detective, please tell us what you saw."

"When I got to the scene, there was blood everywhere. I thought the crime was newly commited but the body had clearly been there for a day or two at the least, but no older than a week. Later tests proved that. The writing on the wall was one of the most apparent things, as were the deep gashes on the victim's body. We determined with a blood test that the blood around him and used to write the name were the victim's."

"Thank you for your input Detective," the Judge spoke once more, "Would the defence like to cross-examine the testimony?"

"Yes your honor," Naomi responded. She leaned back for a moment, chewing on her lips lightly as she seemed deep in thought. At this point I couldn't help but notice that her current attire lent her a truly unique and more mature aura compared to her usual labcoat. She had tied up her long hair neatly and was adorned in a well fitted suit... perhaps too well fitted.

"Detective, can you confirm what was written in blood exactly when you saw the scene?" Naomi asked.

"Yeah, it was X-Y-D-E-R. All in capitals."

"How do you know he wrote it?"

"Well the victim's hand was touching the end of the R when we found him. His finger was covered in blood which matched that of the writing and the width of the lines matched the width of the smear on his finger."