103 - Lord of the Flames

Indira Astra - POV;

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Zephyr told us to stay out of this and we're acting behind your father's back as well," Aquarius murmered.

"Of course I'm sure this is a terrible idea," I responded, "but we can't just do nothing. I owe Xyder too much to just let them kill him. Plus, I have to make sure Zephyr knows that Astra's power hasn't faded in this generation!"

"What the heck are you two going on about?!" Zacharias Fenix spat, leaving his father's office.

"Whatever it is it doesn't concern your rotten ass," I growled, irritated by his tone.

"Come on Indira," Aquarius coaxed, pushing me away from him.

"So you two whores are trying to ride Xyder's dick are ya? He's a dead man. Stop trying to chase a skeleton unless you're that desperate to get some," he mocked.

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to!" I boomed.

"Wow. What a tongue!" he snickered, "Don't worry, I have just the thing for you to fill up that pretty mouth of yours and shut it. You'll be so much better if you just shut your trap and sucked my-"

"Shing!"

Zacharias stopped dead in his tracks and his face quickly morphed into one of surprise and confusion as the pointed tip of an arrow was brought to his neck.

"What are you doing?" he grunted.

"Don't address us with your dirty mouth and sick fantasies," Aquarius hissed through clenched teeth as she gripped tightly onto her projectile's base.

"Or what will you do? Kill me?!" he snickered, pushing her hand aside slowly.

"The Regulus will see you now. Oh? What's going on here young master?" a young female questioned as she saw the tense situation outside of Horus Fenix's meeting room.

"Nothing. I've had enough of these clingy bitches," he grinned before walking away.

I continued to stare at him intensely and in disdain until Aquarius placed her hand on my own whispering, "Let's just go in."

"Tch. Sure."

We entered the great door and walked into the heart of the Regulus' chambers. He sat menacingly at his desk and surrounding him were an older man and woman. A strong aura of rage emanated from within him and the sharp, defining features of his face coupled with a neat, long beard lent him a truly powerful aesthetic. This was undoubtedly The Lord of Flames himself, Regulus Horus Fenix.

"Heiress Astra and Heiress Neptulus... please, take a seat," he motioned to the chairs in front of him.

"Well then, what brings you to me today?" he questioned as soon as we settled in.

"Lord Fenix, we come to you as individuals, not representatives of our clans. Everything we say represents our personal feelings and wishes," Aquarius began.

"We would like to ask you to reopen the investigations surrounding the murder of James Hinds," I got straight to the point.

"Reopen the investigation?! Why would I ever do that? It's been determined that Xyder Zephyr was the culprit," he replied.

"Respectfully sir, we believe that there is some mistake or plot involved in this ruling," Aquarius explained, "There hasn't been ample information relayed to the public so we have no way of reviewing the facts surrounding this incident. In fact, no one except for the enforcers and the Fenix Police Force can. This is why we believe that the case should go through the entire judicial system to have a just and accurate ruling."