108 - Final Stand

Seraphim Zephyr the Third - POV;

"When my wife gave birth to our daughter, Catherine, a year ago, I thought I'd finally caught up to you Seraphim.... but just like that you decide to go off and have a second child!" Dyer complained.

"I didn't realise that we were having a competition," I laughed as we looked into the newborn nursery.

"Well, just don't go getting Sophia pregnant again okay? I already have my work cut out for me if I'm to get Rias to make me another child," he muttered.

"Oh shut up Dyer!" Rias exclaimed as she approached us with a young Catherine in her arms, "Let me hear you say embarrassing things llike that in public again and I swear I'll make sure you cant have another child."

"Ouch... okay, okay. Sorry," he apologised, much to my amusement.

"Does he have a name yet?" Rias asked me curiously.

"When my first son was born, I saw a burning vigour within him... hence I called him Incendio," I explained, "This boy... he's different. He is strong... of will, body and mind. Even so, he is gentle... caring.... he is like an angel of heaven itself and so he shall be known as Kristæl. Kristæl Zephyr."

"Kristæl huh? Wow! That's a cool name!" Rias exclaimed childishly.

"He and Catherine will surely grow up to be the closest of friends as you and I have been!" Dyer declared.

"I couldn't expect a better friend for my daughter than the son of my best girlfriend either!" Rias chimed in, referring to Sophia.

"Lord Zephyr! A report!"

We turned towards the sudden voice to find a familiar face standing behind me as he displayed the Salute of Zephyr, a symbol of undying loyalty in our clan.

"Aero? What brings you so urgently?" I enquired.

"I know now isn't the best time... your son has only just been born.... even so, the situation is dire," Aero responded.

"What's going on Aero?" Dyer inquired.

"Only hours ago, Eclipse City was attacked... Your worries have come to pass Advisor Dyer..." Aero sighed, "The perpetrator was none other than Demon Lord Valor Eclipse."

Five years had passed since Valor launched his hellish invasion on Great Zenith City. The outcome of that battle had been a favourable one though the cost we paid was far too great. My father was murdered in cold blood along with many other great lives whom had fallen. Many were crippled in the battles that ensued from the citizens of the city to the formiddable Regulus Leia Soleis whose arm had been permanently severed. Our only consolation was that we'd stopped the planned resurrection of  a truly terrifying demon.

I returned to Zephyr City carrying my father's body in my arms. Catalina, whom the medical teams at Great Zenith had found bound and unconcious, had recovered and joined me on the journey. Dyer and Sophia stood at my sides while the others followed behind as an outpouring of sorrow, joy and emotion met us at the gates of Zephyr. Following my father's funeral, I was coronated as the Regulus of the Zephyr Clan and soon after, my marriage to the Epitome of Light, Sophia Zephyr, would shine delight and celebration on Zephyr once more. Some degree of normalcy returned to Zephyr with Dyer appointed as my advisor and Aero, whom was widely regarded as second only to me in battle prowess, appointed as a member of Zephyr's most elite recon team which worked specifically under the Regulus' orders.

This time of complete peace and relaxation would be short lived however. In the months following Valor's failure at resurrecting his God, the World Heirarchy had carried out a series of extensive investigations globally in order to uncover as much as they could about the attack. Everyone suspected of having the slightest connection to Valor was scrutinised heavily with the aim being to draw out and punish all of those who worked alongside the Demon Lord in his plan. News would come out from the VI Kings themselves at some point that would shake the world to its core. Suramon, The Sixth King, stood infront of the entire Earth as he declared that the World Heirarchy had discovered through their investigations that it was a member of the Heirarchy itself whom had been pulling the strings behind the scenes, allowing the tragedy to come to pass. Not only was this person one of the Heirarchy however.... he was one of their own: The Third King Vardain.