❤14❤

Youngji

I sat on the chair waiting for the two to arrive. Today is the day that I would get divorced with Nam JiSoo and we would not be related to each other as husband and wife anymore. Instead, we would be strangers once again.

The sentences that him and Han Bit-Na would get counselling from their acts of domestic violence. I wished that the two would go into jail but the acts that they commit is not serious in this country.

[In Korea, cases like this are rarely brought to court.]

The door opened and Nam JiSoo appeared behind it.

"You are early, my lovely wife or should I call my stupid ex-wife after we sign the papers?? You are really brave to bring this up to court huh??" He said sitting opposite me.

I ignored him and looked at my phone. I can't break down now, I have to be strong.

Seeing him for the last time seems really painful for me, especially when you have already had 2 kids with him.

"Wow, you became really bold to ignore me. Reply me, you bitch!!" He said grabbing my chin, causing me to angrily glare at him.

"Stop glaring at me and reply me!! Heo Youngji!!" He shouted.

"Please sit back at your seat, Nam JiSoo!!!" I heard Woohyun Seobangnim said loudly.

He released the grip on my chin hardly and I fell back on my chair.

"Woohyun, it's been 5 days since we last met and you used informal language as soon as you open your mouth. How dare you??"

"There is no formalities when it comes to the law industry. Sit back down and get this done quickly." He said slamming down the two folders on the table, making us jump slightly.

"Fine... Since you are in your 'lawyer' mode right now, I will go along with you for once."

Their relationship is really bad the moment this happened and it is because of me.....

He rolled his eyes and placed one of the folders in front of me. He just threw it in front of Nam JiSoo. I can see that Nam JiSoo is going to burst any moment each minute.

"Read the contents carefully and sign it at the bottom of the document. Then exchange with each other and do the same thing." He said in a straight and flat tone.

I scanned the documents really really carefully to make sure that I wasn't seeing things.

Will have to compensate Defendant Heo Youngji 2/5 of Accused Nam JiSoo's salary every month until Defendant Heo Youngji's children Nam TaeWoon and Nam TaeNa both reaches the age of 20.

Woohyun Seobangnim is so reckless, the normal compensation is only about 1/5 but 2/5??

Wow, let's see if he can afford to raise Han Bit-Na and Han DaeHwan at the same time??

The rest of the documents don't have anything that is mentioning about so I just ran through. I picked up the pen and opened the cap, revealing the sharp and slick metal tip of the pen. I signed my name at the bottom.

I have signed mine, now only Nam JiSoo's... I thought to myself.

Only one more document and I am done with this whole shit.

I closed the folder and exchanged it with Nam JiSoo who is also done with signing.

I ran through his and signed it in 3 minutes. It is almost the same as mine and I have already seen it once, why bother reading it carefully again??

I closed the pen and placed it on the table.

"As discussed, defendant Heo Youngji gets the child custody for Nam Taewoon and Nam TaeNa. Accused Nam JiSoo would have to compensate defendant Heo Youngji 30 million won for what he had done to defendant Heo Youngji." Woohyun Seobangnim immediately said after we signed the documents.

"As written in the documents, accused Nam JiSoo would have to compensate 2/5 of his salary monthly until their children both turns 20."

Just thinking about it, he would have to compensate Taewoon for the next 15 years and TaeNa for the next 20 years.

I'm going to see how much he is going to suffer.

Nam JiSoo raised up my hands, causing the two of us to stare at him. "Wait, can't it be 1/5?? I have to earn money for 2 families at the same time."

"Then ask yourself why did you even commit adultery in the first place??" He said with a straight face.

"Fine, 2/5 it is. No more bargaining." He said putting his hand down.

"As what defendant Heo Youngji has mentioned, she will not allow her children to ever visit Accused Nam JiSoo. The most he can do is just to compensate them monthly."

I can imagine him face-palming himself right now....... That's why don't commit adultery if you are not that rich or anything.

It's too late now, Nam JiSoo..... What has happened had already happened.

"If there's nothing, we will announce that defendant Heo Youngji and Accused Nam JiSoo is officially divorced with the assistance of Lawyer Nam Woohyun. Please go to the office to get your certificate of divorce." He said and I got out of the room, leaving the pen that I brought along behind. It was a gift from him years ago.

I got down to the office and waited for a few minutes to get the official certificate and also to change the surname of my children.

I left the place before Nam JiSoo would even be in the same place as me. Unknowingly tears fall down with every step I take as I walked out of the building.

No matter how much I try to wipe it away, it kept flowing and flowing. It guess this is how you feel when you get divorced with the man you once loved.

It is sad and bitter at the same time. You feel happy as you finally could get away from him but it feels so weird.

All of a sudden, you are on your own. The feeling of taking up the role of a single mom is getting real. This is reality.

But this is not the end. It doesn't mean if I don't have a husband, I will be weak.

I have to be strong in order to be able to take care of my children, the people that will be under my charge from now on.

"Omma!!!!!" I saw Taewoon running out of the building with smiles.

"Eo, Taewoon-ah!! What did you learn today??" I said carrying him in my arms.

"A lot of things!!" He said happily.

"Really?? Aigoo!!" I kissed him on the forehead.

*Thunder claps*

"Omma, it is going to rain..." Taewoon said looking up at the dark sky. It is indeed going to rain any moment.

"Let's go home as quick as possible so that we don't get wet, shall we??" I said and he nodded happily. We ran home at top speed.

And it is a new beginning.

Author's Note

I know that I had made Woohyun's character unmarried when he first appeared but it would be good if he is married to someone that he doesn't love.

So if I used the term Samchon for his character, I am sorry about that. I will use the term Jageun Abeoji or Jageun Appa in the future.

Mianhae.....