♥24♥

Taewoon

I sat down in the toy car moving around the lobby while greeting doctors and nurses on the way.

"Annyeonghaseyo!!" I said to one beautiful nurse who is bringing files to the desk.

"Eo... Annyeong... Where are your parents??"

"My mother is at work and the doctor ahjusshi is taking care of me in the meantime." I recited.

I don't know how many times have I said this but it feels good saying that there is a doctor ahjusshi taking care of me. He is a really good doctor ahjusshi.

"Which doctor ahjusshi are you talking about??"

"He is talking about me, Sohye-nim." I heard doctor ahjusshi's voice and I turned around excitedly.

"Doctor ahjusshi, you are back!!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, I am back."

"Whose son are you taking care of??" She asked in a higher tone. Does she have a sore throat??

If you are having a sore throat, your voice usually sounds a bit lower but why is hers so high?? What's wrong with that nurse??

"It is my friend's son, she has work to do and couldn't make it so I am here to take care of her."

"A female friend huh??" Her tone dropped a little and then is raised again. "You must have been a really great friend to her. What does she work as??"

"She doesn't have a fixed job but she is currently working with her elder sister in a cafe. It is just down the street if you're wondering."

"Why doesn't she pick up her son herself when she is working just down the street..." I heard the beautiful nurse mumbled. "I would have more time to Dr. Lee if that kid weren't here..."

Why is she mumbling??

"Are you having a sore throat??" I asked.

"What, no!! Why would I have a sore throat??"

This woman is scary, she is not like Omma who is much kind and polite.

She walked off with a 'hmph' and Doctor ahjusshi apologized to her. I wonder why he needed to apologize, it is not like he is the one in the wrong.

And why do beautiful women approach Doctor ahjusshi all day?? Is he that handsome?? I think that I am more handsome.

He asked after a long silence and had a excited expression on his face. "Don't you want to go to the rooftop garden?? They have tons of helium balloons there."

Helium balloons??

"What is a helium balloon?? Is the name of the balloon called helium??" I innocently asked.

"It would be even more confusing if I did explain it so it would be better to just play with it. I will tell you when you are a bit older."

He sounds exactly like Omma, she doesn't tell me some stuff either. Whenever I asked about it, she would just say that I am too young to understand and she would properly explain to me when I am a bit older.

Are kids that stupid to not understand anything??

I pouted. "Alright, bring me there now and give me a lot of balloons."

He brought me to the rooftop garden where a lot of patients are all there. Some of them are in wheelchairs while others are just sitting on the benches.

He opened the door of this glass room and we entered the room. There were indeed a lot of the balloons that are all floating around.

Aren't balloons supposed to be on the floor?? Why are they all floating around??

Doctor ahjusshi brought two helium balloons and tied to my toy car. They are really still standing straight and not drop to the floor. How amazing...

He also brought me to the ice cream store after that and we sat down outside where there is a lot of wind outside. It is refreshing.

"How is it?? Is it delicious??" He asked and I nodded.

"Are helium balloons the one that floats to the ceiling??"

"Yes, it is. You figured it out yourself??"

I nodded. "Of course, you didn't want to tell me anything so I found out by myself." I crossed my arms at him and ate my ice cream at two times the speed.

He used his finger to poke at my elbow. "Why?? Is Taewoonie angry??"

I faced the other way. "No, I'm not."

How did he know that I was angry?? Did he have x-ray eyes??

"Tell me why you are angry. I will not scold you or anything like that."

"You really won't??" I said with a little bit of doubt in my voice.

"Since when was I even lying?? Did I ever lie to you??"

Right, he really didn't.

"Doctor ahjusshi, I really don't like the way that you adults don't tell us about certain things."

"What things??"

"Like just now, you didn't tell me what are helium balloons or why will they float. You told me that you would tell me later on, when will I even know that?? Do you think that children are that stupid??" I said my thoughts to him and he chuckled.

"It is not funny!!"

"I know but--" He laughed again, making me even angrier.

He stopped laughing after a while and cleared his throat. "I chose not to tell you about that because I want you to learn on your own. You will know about it even if I didn't tell you about it. Some things are better not to be known."

"Really?? It is really that??"

He nodded. "Finish your ice cream and then we will go for dinner."

"How many times are we even eating?? Doctor ahjusshi, you are turning me into a pig."

"Why not?? Pigs are cute, just like you.So cute!!" He pinched my cheeks.

"I'm not cute at all!!"

-----------

Youngji

I was on the ground floor ordering food for Taewoon and HongBin in case they haven't had yet while calling him at the same time that I would be buying food for him.

"Yeoboseyo??" He picked up the call on the fourth ring.

"HongBin ssi, may I know if you and Taewoon have taken dinner already??"

"Mhm. We have, why??"

"I was going to buy dinner for the both of you but since you had bought, I'm going to buy only my share. How is Taewoon already?? Has his fever subsided??"

"Yes, he is also feeling better already. Just come to pick him up after you had dinner and done everything else, I'm not leaving the hospital that soon."

"Make sure that he doesn't eat any ice cream or else his fever would come back again."

"Got it. Take your time." And he hung up.

I wonder how busy would he be if he were to consult patients and take care of Taewoon at the same time...

After making sure that TaeNa is sound asleep, I immediately left for the hospital walking as fast as possible.

I walked to the desk and asked for HongBin ssi's office. I knocked on the door but there was no response.

I then opened the door myself and peeked inside. The lights weren't on and most importantly, the both of them was sleeping. His head was resting on HongBin ssi.

How much did TaeWoon do to tire him out??