♥26♥

Youngji

She put down her cup and looked at her son in confusion.

"What did you do, DaeHwan-ah??" She asked and ordered him to come over to us. "Come here for a moment."

He sat down next to her with his head down, I bet he feels guilty now.

"So what did you do to my Taewoon that he even skipped school??"

"He skipped school?? He did??" Eomeoni asked and I nodded.

"Yes, he did. I heard that he insulted Taewoon and told him that he was a mistake to be born into this world. Is that correct, daehwannie??"

He didn't want to admit to it and looked at TaeNa who is sleeping fast to avoid my question. But that girl though...

That girl sleeps like Sleeping Beauty... How can she sleep in this kind of a situation??

"I heard that he also talked bad about me." I continued. "I wonder if you have told him about that." I directed it to Han BitNa.

"I didn't." She slightly raised her voice at me, her face turning redder by the second. "Where did you hear it from??"

"It doesn't matter how I knew but it is right that he got hurt from DaeHwan's insults about him and his family."

I looked at DaeHwan. "I would forgive you for your immature acts if you could apologize to Taewoon sincerely. That's all I have to ask for."

"I.... I--" He started speaking.

She pulled DaeHwan into her embrace with all the boobs included. "Wait!! How can he apologize when he is not even guilty about it??"

I wonder if the child would breathe after all that.

"Han BitNa, it's obvious that who is the one at fault. Just let your child apologize, he wants to anyways."

Eomeoni said and I really wanted to applaud her for that but I recalled that I am supposed to act fierce right now in order to win the battle. The battle isn't over yet.

"Eomeoni--"

"DaeHwan, apologize for your actions and promise that you wouldn't do that again. You don't know exactly how much it hurts." She said to DaeHwan and he came out of Han BitNa's embrace.

I let the two children face each other. Even though it is cringy, they have to. It is a standard pose for making up.

"Go on, see me later." Han BitNa told DaeHwan.

He faced Taewoon. "Taewoon, I'm sorry what I said to you. I truly regret what I did and hurt you."

"It's okay, I'm sure that you didn't mean to. Just don't do it again."

I smiled at the two hugging each other. And Han BitNa said the worst thing ever that ruined the mood.

"Are you done?? Nam DaeHwan, let's go to my room." She stood up and wanted to pull DaeHwan apart from Taewoon but Eomeoni stopped them in time.

"Where are you going with him??" She asked her.

"You are just someone that cleans up the house every week, you don't need to interfere in this."

She is.... She is plain rude, a 200% more rude than I first met her...

"You--"

"Ok, stop now." I said and the two turned their attention to me.

"I might not have the right to say this but there are still children around. You can do it all you want later but can't you wait until the guests leave??"

That made her speechless.

Eomeoni laughed a little and then returned back to her serious mode. "Well, I think that she is right. The child is yours to discipline but do it at the right time. There are other people around too."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine."

She turned to face me. "Hope that you don't get offended. She's like that for the past few months that I have been here."

"I know, she never changed." I looked at my watch. It is about time I go back to the cafe.

"You are going somewhere after this??"

I nodded. "I'm going back to work."

"To the cafe that you used to work in, I'm going there as well. I'll go get my stuff."

She retrieved her handbag from the couch and I carried TaeNa placing in the stroller that I had brought along with me.

We left the house and I heaved a sigh of relief. Being in that house is really suffocating but I'm glad that I resolved this matter and had the two apologize to each other.

Kids shouldn't be arguing about this at this age, he must have heard where Han BitNa had said accidentally and decided to use it on Taewoon thinking that it is a normal thing to do.

He must have thought that if his mother could say about these kinds of things, why can't he??

"That family is chaotic, isn't it?? Ever since you officially ended things with JiSoo and moved away. How are you coping living alone??"

"Well, it is hard taking care of two kids alone but I don't regret my decision to move out, I'm glad I did."

She suddenly kneeled in front of me and I led her hand. "What are you doing, Eomeoni??"

"Apologizing?? Never ever seen it in dramas before??"

This isn't what I meant.

"Eomeoni, your son should be the one apologizing, not you. You did not do anything to me, you were kept in the dark, just like me."

"I should be. I'm ashamed and regretful that I let such a wonderful daughter like you leave the family. You are the best daughter-in-law that I ever had."

"Yes, Omma is a good mother." Taewoon said and I nearly teared up.

"So, blame it all on me. It's my fault that I gave birth to such a person that would break your heart and disrupt the entire system of what a beautiful family should be."

"Eomeoni!! Don't blame yourself. It is also my fault to not notice it sooner. I am such a bad wife and daughter-in-law."

"Omma, get up. Halmeoni, get up. Today is a great day, why are the two of you crying??"

Oh, I forgot that they are kids around and we are in public. This is so embarrassing crying outside.

I wiped my eyes. "Eomeoni, get up first. I accept your apology."

Her eyes gleamed up. "Really?? You did??"

I nodded and she got up, hurting her back in the process.

"Eomeoni, are you okay??"

"I'm okay, it happens all the time. If only I had someone to take care of me. Someone like you would be good."

I fear at the next sentence that she is going to say to me.

"Would you like to help me out at the farm??"

That's the line that I didn't want to hear about. Why is my life like this??

When I want to get out of something, it keeps pulling me back.