♥25♥

HongBin

I was driving with Youngji sitting beside me while she stares at the scenery as I drive. Taewoon is asleep from all the playing that we did all day, he did really play a lot.

He drove everywhere possible in the hospital with his little toy car that I had gifted him, talking to doctors and nurses that he had bumped into.

He's so cute, trying to strike up a conversation with them and boasting to them that his doctor ahjusshi had bought him a toy car to play with. So, this is how taking care of a child feels like...

He also ate a lot of ice cream even though Youngji had warned multiple times about eating too much ice cream. I had totally forgotten about it until she called me after dinner. Even so, I ignored her.

He threatened me that I buy him ice cream or else I wouldn't have a chance to be next to Youngji.

So, I agreed.

"Did he disturb you during your work shift??"

I shook my head. "I was on my day off and merely toured Taewoon around the place when I had the time."

"Really?? Did he rest enough??"

I nodded my head. I didn't know what to say to her. I'm afraid that I might spill everything all by accident. I can't really tell lies, you see.

"He lied right?? About being sick."

"Taewoon??" Who told her that??

She looked straight into my eyes and I gulp down my saliva in fear. I would normally slightly blush when she does this but this seriously isn't the feeling that I am supposed to feel.  Was she always this scary??

I feel like a kid all of a sudden, a kid that has done wrong and refused to admit to my mistakes.

"Of course, if not who else?? I don't have 2 sons for certain."

I drove to the parking lot below her apartment and stopped the car there.

"Being sick is one thing but he is being sick about something else."

"What is that something?? What 5-year-old kid skips school?? Only kids older than that do such stupid and immature acts."

"He's sick about always being insulted. He's getting bullied." I confessed.

I can't keep lying, I have to say the truth somehow.

Her eyes doubled in size and her lips started quivering.

"Taewoon is being bullied?? When?? Who bullied him?? Which kid bullied him??" Her hands were on her face trying to process the information in her mind.

No parent can bear their child getting bullied and not telling them about it, even I understand even though I don't have a child.

"Calm down for a while--"

"How can I not do something about it??" She looked as if she is going to cry any sooner. "Tell me. Who bullied my Taewoon??"

I exhaled and grabbed both her hands and placed down in her lap. She got taken aback, well she is not the only one. I, the person behind the action, was shocked as well.

Why did I even do this for?? This is unlike me at all.

"Calm down first, you can't think straight like this." I told her amidst all the chaos that I am having in my mind.

"Ok... I will." I released my grip and she exhaled a few more times before looking at me in the eye again but this time her cheeks were a bit pink.

"I'm ready. Just tell me everything. Taewoon wouldn't wake up, he is basically like a dead log when he sleeps."

I sighed. Here we go...

--------

Youngji

I stared at the house with TaeNa in a stroller and Taewoon holding my hand.

"Omma.... Do we really have to do this??" He asked me for the 5th time ever since we left home around 30 minutes ago. We took the subway and ended up there for one simple mission - to confront that bitch and that son of hers.

"Just shut up and let your mother do the thing, I can't believe that I allowed such a thing to happen to you." I started walking up to their house.

I knocked on the door and pressed the doorbell in case she didn't hear it.

"Coming!!" I heard a female voice and opening the door. It sounds like--

"Youngji-ah, you're here?? Taewoon and TaeNa are also here." I was greeted by some old lady in her mid-50s.

She is Nam JiSoo's mother and my previous mother-in-law. Why is she doing here?? Isn't he supposed to be in Gangwon-do tending to her farm??

"Eomeoni..."

"It's been a while and you lost a bit of weight. Has living alone been hard on you??"

I heard the footsteps of another person. She appeared behind Eomeoni.

"Eomeoni, why are you opening the door so wide for?? The bugs are going to fly in. Who are you talking-- Ohh, it is just you....." She changed her tone. "Are you here to claim more money from JiSoo Oppa??"

If Eomeoni wasn't in between us, a catfight would already have occurred the minute she sees me.

"Don't talk bad about Youngji. Move away and make us some tea, won't you?? Go do some work instead of lazing around and waiting for money to be in your pockets."

I nearly laughed at the diss that was thrown to Han BitNa whose face is fuming red with anger, ready to erupt anytime.

"Fine... As you wish..." She walked away with a hmph. I wonder if she knows where the cups are placed at...

"Just come on in. I know that you have something to talk about." She said and we entered the house.

The house seems clean, maybe Eomeoni is the one cleaning up after everyone. From what I know, Han BitNa doesn't know what to do housework at all. She even hired a weekly housekeeper before just for that.

We sat down on a couch and I laid TaeNa down on the couch in case she is tired and could take a nap in the meantime.

Taewoon is of course still just walking around and looking around at every single thing on the wall.

"What brings you here, Youngji-ah?? Are you here to take your stuff??"

"No, it is not. Eomeoni, I'm just here for a very simple thing and it definitely concerns her." I directed the last few words to the person that placed cups of bad-quality tea in front of us.

"What issue do you have with me this time??"

"It is about our sons and I demand an apology from your son personally and sincerely."

"What did my DaeHwan even do wrong to your son?? From what I know, DaeHwan has always been a good boy to his family and friends."

I looked at the kid that had just come out of his room with a broken toy plane in his hand.

"I'm sure that he knows very well about this. Am I wrong, Daehwannie??" The kid dropped his toy in shock.

I'm not holding anything back anymore, I'm going to make him apologize to Taewoon today no matter what.