♥28♥

Youngji

I stared at the phone and back at the kids playing with one another.Taewoon is driving around the house with the toy car that HongBin ssi had bought him the last time with TaeNa following him behind with the Walker.

TaeNa walks very well now that she is turning almost one, I bet that she would be running after her brother within the next few months.

"Omma, why are you having a staring battle with the phone??" Taewoon asked while on the toy car.

"No, I'm not. I'm just bored."

Should I call her back to reject the offer??

I know that she has been very nice to me all these years, taking care of Taewoon when I'm not free but I am not her daughter-in-law anymore, it is good to help her out??

I have my own life as well and I have to take care of these two.

"Omma, play with me then, I'm bored as well."

"Isn't there TaeNa as well?? You guys can play hide and seek with each other."

He thought of it for a while and he nodded. "TaeNa!! Let's play."

I shook my head. Kids will always be kids...

I can't possibly just leave them to my sister as I helped out Eomeoni at her farm right?? I would be such a bad mother if I did that.

Anyways, she has YiYeon even if I don't want to. She is the other daughter-in-law of the Nam Family. I bet that she is very free to do all these things since she is the wife of Woohyun Sunbae and properly have nothing to do as her husband is making all the money.

Right. You are now out of the family, whatever you do would be just extra. There are still other people that will help you do the job.

I looked over at the two kids. They are looking a bit tired. Of course, it is freaking 9.30 pm, they need to go to bed.

"Ok, let's go to bed." I said to them and Taewoon groaned.

"Do we have to?? It is a Saturday tomorrow."

"Don't you want to wake up early for TaeNa's birthday party tomorrow?? Go to bed so that you would wake up a grumpy boy." I pinched his cheeks.

"Fine, I'll go shower now." He said bringing his own towel to the bathroom. My mouth opened in shock. Is he going to shower on his own??

"Can you even shower on your own??"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know but I can try. HongBin ahjusshi told me that I must be independent so that your life would be easier."

"Fine, as long as you don't complain later on." I reluctantly agreed.

"Ok..." He went into the bathroom. This guy...

He keeps talking about HongBin ssi ever since we came home yesterday, he keeps saying HongBin ahjusshi this, HongBin ahjusshi that.

He even changed his way of calling him from 'Doctor ahjusshi' to 'HongBin Ahjusshi' just from a day of spending time with him at the hospital.

Did HongBin ssi feed him something to make him listen to him?? It appears that this guy worships him everywhere he goes...

He came out of the shower with the towel tied around his waist.

"So how was showering on your own be like??"

"It was much easier than I expected. You can shower TaeNa and come back to me later. I will wait for you to tuck me in bed." He said in his cool way and walked to his closet.

This kid... I bet that he would return back to normal the next morning.

I sighed and brought TaeNa to shower. I tucked her in bed and went over to Taewoon who is reading a book on his own. Let me repeat, Heo Taewoon is reading a book.

The reason why I am so surprised is that he never reads books unless I read him one.

"Omma, I never knew that books can be that interesting. Every page is so excited to read it."

I sat down next to him. "Let me guess, is it HongBin ahjusshi again??" I looked at his book, it is not the book that I bought him.

Maybe it is HongBin ssi's??

"How did you know?? We read books together last night while waiting for you to bring me home."

"Really?? Do you really like HongBin ahjusshi that much?? I thought that you didn't like him at first."

He put the book down on his lap. "I indeed didn't like him at first but now I'm fine with him. He's fun to be with. Omma, don't you think so that he is a bit funny sometimes??"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I'm fine with him. Why??"

"Nothing, I just feel like asking. Why don't you invite him for TaeNa's birthday tomorrow??"

I looked at the clock in the room. "Maybe tomorrow?? It is a bit late right now. You really want him to come??"

"Of course, so that he can be my father for the day."

My eyes doubled in size. "Sleep now, Taewoon-ah and be a handsome guy tomorrow." I tried to change the subject and tucked him in bed.

"I'm not that sleepy yet, Omma!!"

"You will be, soon. Sweet dreams..." I kissed him on the forehead and switched off the lights.

What was that?? He wanted HongBin ssi to be his father?? That can't ever happen.

It is not that I don't like him, he is a great guy. Everyone knows it and I know that he cares about me but I can't return it back to him.

That could only happen if I weren't once married. If only I met him at the right time.

I looked at the phone. I have to tell him before he falls too deep into it.

"Yeoboseyo??"

"HongBin ssi, mind if I ask you something at this time??"

"Sure, I'm free now. What's the matter??"

"TaeNa's birthday is tomorrow so Taewoon wants you to be there." I paused. "If you are not free, then that's ok--"

"I'll be there, where is the venue??"

"My sister's cafe, be there at 11. It starts at that time and you are free to go at any time."

"Thanks for telling me and goodnight, Youngji-ah." And he hung up.

I sat down on the couch with my phone in both my hands blushing like mad. I feel like a teenager getting a date except he is the one invited to.

Why am I feeling like this?? I am a mother of two and most importantly I am a divorcee.

I don't deserve to be loved.