♥38♥

Author's Note

[The picture wasn't random, my Tata pillow arrived today and it is the most fluffiest thing ever!!]

Youngji

I sat down on the couch, my legs crossed over each other, the TV switched on with the latest drama showing on the screen but I wasn't watching at all. Instead, I was thinking about what happened earlier with HongBin's fiancee, how she confessed that she was getting married to HongBin soon and the fact that he didn't tell me anything at all.

Just last week, we were at the BBQ restaurant where he saved me from Woohyun sunbae and I even had high hopes of starting a relationship with him, giving myself another chance to date someone again after a long 2 years.

And he is getting engaged to someone who he dated 2 years ago. How unfair is that??

The front door opened and I stood up, fists clenched ready to punch the person behind the door.

"Youngji, I brought drinks and all since you didn't have time to buy them." He noticed my posture and placed down the bag on the coffee table. "What's wrong??"

I tried to fake a smile. "I heard that you were getting married, congratulations..."

"Me, getting married??" He asked for confusion.

"Your fiancee just came this afternoon to tell me about it and I felt so betrayed." I looked down at the floor and looked up. "How can you do this to me??"

His facial expression changed as he comes closer to me. "Youngji-ah..."

"Why did you like someone else??" I said, my tears threatening to fall any second.

"It is a misunderstanding--"

"How can it be a misunderstanding when she sounded so happy about it?? It is not something that you can joke about."

He placed his hands on my shoulders but I yanked it off."Misunderstandings are one complicated thing but if we could just sit down and talk about it, it would be solved in no time."

I covered my ears with my hands. "No!! I don't want to listen to your nonsense."

If you don't want to, why did you even ask him to be here?? You clearly wanted an explanation.

"Get out. I had enough of you and your nonsense." I pointed my finger towards the door. "Our friendship is officially over."

How pathetic am I?? I'm telling him to get lost as if we are a couple and we even didn't have anything between us. We were just friends. I'm ending something that hasn't even started.

He heavily sighed and gave a smirk. "I'm glad that you realized that, it ended 2 years ago. I thought that I could change this but no. You ruined it all." He walked towards the door and my hands reached out to him but he had already left.

Babo, you made things more complicated with your stupid way of thinking... Heo Youngji, what are you even thinking??

You let go of a guy that loves you for who you are and he is never coming back again as he is smart enough not to give himself another chance.

Heo Youngji, you ruined it all by yourself.

-----------

HongBin

I got out of her apartment and there was a phone call incoming, I need not look at the caller ID to know who it was. Jung Yoojin.

"HongBin, where are you??"

"You need not know and I guess that you went to 'COFFEE TERIOR' this afternoon. Am I right about that??"

"What?? No!! I was in my office the whole day."

"Nonsense, you are on your day off. How can you be in your office if you are not working??"

She went speechless, not knowing how to reply back. It is a fact that she lied to get what she wanted.

"Don't pester her anymore, I warn you," I said. "And I'm resigning."

"You can't do that!! What about our wedding??"

"Since when did I even agree to marry you?? You were just deluding yourself from the start."

"Lee HongBin!!"

I hung up the call, done with all the annoying people for today. I got into my car, starting the engine and drove back home. On the way, tears were falling and I wiped it every single time it falls and streams down, wetting my clothes.

I thought that getting rejected was the worst thing but the second time hurts even more. Why am I always so dumb??

I never gave up on things that I liked and cherished but when I do, I find it so hard to part with.

Heo Youngji was the person that I find myself thinking about her every day and night. Even though she doesn't think the same as me, I didn't mind at all. All I wanted is just to be around her, to be in her life.

I wouldn't even mind if we stayed friends all our lives, even if there is no future between the two of us, as long as I am around her, that's alright.

But to end things like this, I don't want to. I have to, it's no use holding on to something that you have no hope for, something that has no chance of happening.

I opened the door and YeBin was standing in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Don't ever start what you are trying to do. I'm not in the mood to even talk about it." I told her and went into my room.

I laid down on my bed and tears fell again, this time wetting the pillow. I didn't care and covered myself with the blanket without even changing into my sleepwear. I couldn't be bothered with. I didn't want to.

Why am I such a fool to go through the same thing again??

I heard the door opening and I sat up sniffling as I cried way too much. It was YeBin with an ice pack in one hand and a cup of instant noodles in another.

"Aigoo..." She exclaimed as she stared at my appearance and gave the ice pack to me. "Here. It's for your eyes and your handsome face."

I took it and flinched a little as the ice pack touched my face. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?? You have school tomorrow."

"Please. It's the holidays and I don't need to go to school." She said as she slurped the noodles. "What happened earlier?? I guess that the two of you had a fight."

I sighed. "Did you also knew about her??"

"Is it really true that you are getting married to her??" She stopped eating and sat down on my bed. "I'm going to disown you if you really did."

"I had a normal relationship with her until she kissed me in the bar 2 years ago and pictures were taken. Nothing much happened after that as I had no feelings towards her."

"Then why did she insist that you guys were--"

"Her father who is the hospital director spoke to me about a week ago about me promoting to be the head of the pediatric department but I didn't accept."

She hit my thigh. "You should have accepted his offer."

"The condition was to marry his daughter and I have to get married into her family," I explained.

"That bitch..." She cursed. "I bet that she told everything to her father, I hate her from the moment she entered Youngji unnie's café. Do you know what she did to her??"

I didn't say anything and shrugged my shoulders. I couldn't be bothered with her and I didn't want to do anything with her again.

"She splashed iced coffee in her face."

That sentence had me running out of the house immediately without shoes on.