♥39♥

Youngji

I stared at the bushes planted outside and I looked at the signboard. 'Nam's Family Barn.' I am at the right place and Taewoon was tugging at my sleeves.

"Where are we at?? Why are there so many plants and bushes??" He asked rubbing his eyes, he barely woke up a few minutes ago and he found himself in a place like this. "I thought that we were supposed to be at home."

"We are at Kangwon-do, Taewoon-ah... We're here to visit Halmeoni."

"Halmeoni?? We are??" I nodded.

"We will be here for a while since it is the holidays."

Luckily it was the holidays or I won't be able to do something like this to avoid Lee HongBin. I immediately left for Kangwon-do with the children after he left. I know that I'm selfish for doing this but I have no choice, I don't want to see him again after what happened last night. And I definitely don't want to love anyone ever again.

I let out a breath and knocked on the door with as much courage as I have. If I have to beg to stay, I will.

It wasn't a middle-aged woman opening the door, it was a young girl with the messiest bedhead that you can think of.

Jeon YiYeon. She was here. What is she here for??

She let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes. "May I know-- Heo Youngji??"

"Jeon YiYeon..." I blurted her name. "Why are you here??"

"That's my question, why the hell is you even here??"

"Who is at the door??" A familiar voice spoke and I immediately knew who it is. My Ex-mother-in-law, Nam JiSoo's mother, and my children's paternal grandmother.

Jeon YiYeon didn't say anything and looked back at the person that came to the door. "Youngji??" She called my name.

"Eomeoni..." I greeted her.

"Taewoon and TaeNa!!" She greeted her grandchildren.

"Halmeoni!!!" Taewoon jumped into her arms immediately, it's been a while since they met. Halmeoni carried Taewoon in her arms. "Come in first."

I went into the house and placed TaeNa in an empty bed, she is still asleep. I sat down in one of the couches and Jeon YiYeon was doing nothing but just staring at me as if I am some kind of a new species.

Eomeoni sat down next to me. "What happened that you guys are here all of a sudden??"

"It is the holidays and I hope that the three of us can stay here for a while before school starts again," I said. "I will not laze around and help you with the work."

"Of course you can!!" She agreed to it without hesitation.

"Eomeoni, why did you agree to it so readily as if you were waiting for it??" Jeon YiYeon pointed it out. "You didn't do that to me."

"Of course I didn't, you didn't like all this and you appeared all of a sudden in the middle of the night begging me for a place to stay but I still took you in."

"Fine, you're the best mother-in-law that I can ask for." She concluded. "So do I still have to water all the crops today??"

Water the crops?? Is she working for Eomeoni?? She is working??

"Of course, when did I say that you can stop?? Remember what you promised me that day."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine. Is she working as well?? I would freaking go on strike if you don't."

"Work??"

"If you stay here, you would work for her to pay her off." She explained to me and I just nodded.

"It is only for you, Youngji doesn't need to do all that as she is on holidays together with her children."

"Eomeoni!!"

"But if she wants to, I wouldn't object to it as she isn't a fussy person."

"Working in the fields would be easy for me, unlike someone that lived her whole life like a princess."

"Are you implying that to me??" She stood up and glared at me.

"I didn't. That was Han BitNa."

The two woman rolled her eyes. "Oh my gosh, can you not talk about that bitch for one moment??"

I quickly covered TaeWoon's ears before he could hear that vulgarity out of their mouths. "Don't forget that there is a kid here."

"Sorry..." She apologized for the first time ever, she has not even said sorry to me ever since we met since young when I went to her house for holidays.

Jeon YiYeon and I are distant cousins, we played around a lot when we were younger and we didn't meet until we are a bit older. I didn't know what made her hated me so much and I also started hating her without any reason. That continued until today.

"Did you just said sorry??"

She started coughing and fake laughed, her face is getting redder by the second. "Did I?? I didn't apologize." She looked around for a place to hide. "I'm going to the toilet." She made the run for the toilet and I bet that she wouldn't come out again until I leave this place.

"YiYeon can be like that, don't mind her, I had a very hard time adjusting to her this one week."

She moved here as soon as she is done with the relationship between her and Woohyun sunbae. I wonder if it is because of me that they parted ways and ended their relationship.

"Ne, Eomeoni..." I replied her and looked towards the couch where TaeNa is stretching around.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Omma..."

"Yes, TaeNa??" I answered her. "Are you fully awake now??"

She nodded and stared at her grandmother. "Who is this??"

"She is your grandmother."

"Halmeoni?? I have a Halmeoni??"

Eomeoni sat next to her and pinched her cheeks. "Of course you do but you have no Hal-abeoji. He's long gone."

I remembered Nam JiSoo telling me about him not having a father because they divorced. Maybe it passed on him and Woohyun sunbae.

"Oh... So I have a grandmother??" Eomeoni nodded and smiled.

"Aigoo, you're such an angel."

She looked around for that specific someone. "Then where is HongBin Appa??"

"HongBin Appa?? He is busy that's why he is not here with us."

"Who is he??" Eomeoni asked.

"My father." TaeNa and Taewoon happily answered and I wanted to hide in some hole immediately.