♥36♥

HongBin

I took my car keys from the desk and my belongings switching off the lights of the office that I work in every single day but somebody walked in at the last minute, switching back the lights.

Jung YooJin.

"Please step out of here, I'm getting off work," I told her. "If you have anything to say, do that some other day."

"HongBin ssi, it would be for a while. And I can ensure that it is not what that you are thinking about." She said holding up a document. "It is about your promotion, I just got from the director."

Promotion?? I never heard about me being promoted to the next level.

My plan to go off has vanished for a moment and I am here sitting opposite her as she opens the piece of document that she claimed that she got it directly from the director. The director has just arrived as well, looking quite tired but made the effort to make to my office.

"I guess that you heard part of the promotion plan from Dr. Jung already but I will repeat it once again." He said switching to his business mode. "Since you are now a 3-year resident doctor and you have always been at the top of the ranking of all the junior pediatric doctors, you will be offered a position to be the head of the pediatric department."

The head of the pediatric department?? Isn't that too high of a position?? I am just an ordinary doctor.

"Or better, the next director of my hospital." He said with a smile.

"Director Jung, I know that you appreciate my work but this is too high of a position. Don't you think that it is too much for a normal doctor to be promoted too fast??"

"It is indeed very fast but with such skills like yours, I would let you be at the top. But with one condition. Marry my daughter and you would be the head of the pediatric department."

My facial expression darkened and I looked down at the floor, not knowing what to say.

"I can't."

"You have to." He placed his hand on his daughter. "My daughter said that the two of you have been dating for quite some time."

I get it now, she is using her father to get me to like her. Doesn't she realize that we can't be a couple no matter what??

"There is no such thing between me and Yoojin ssi. We are just colleagues." I explained. "I have no feelings towards her."

She looked a bit hurt and sent those eye signals to her father and sighed, taking out something from his suit pocket.

"See these pictures and convince me that I'm lying or not??" He threw a few photographs on the coffee table and I took one look at it. There are pictures of me and her kissing at the bar one year ago when I unknowingly gave in and we sort of having a make-out session.

"So?? What do you say about this??" The director said, now sitting in a relaxed position. "Am I lying or not??"

"I'll quit by the end of the week. For sure." I stood up and walked out of the room.

"I will release these pictures to the public and they would know that the two of you are together. You can't even run away by then."

I clenched my teeth and my fist turning away from them. What the hell should I do??

"Lee HongBin, it is a very good opportunity to earn great money and have good connections to the director, don't you think so??" He added.

I can't... Even if I wanted money, it is not like this...