♥35♥

Woohyun

I typed in all the details that the defendant has to say about his view of the case. He is filing a divorce against his wife who has an affair.

"I said that it was wrong but she still went against me, telling me that there was no wrong getting another husband." He told me while his right hand was gripping onto the spare pens that were in my pen holder.

I didn't give him permission to take it and he just took it.

"Then what about you?? Have you even contribute to this family?? YoungJae and YoungAe don't even recognize you whenever you go back home." The wife cried and swept up tissues to wipe her tears away. I don't even know if she was really crying or not.

"So you're blaming me for my job??"

"Of course, you should not have accepted that stupid job that wants you to move all the way to Busan when your wife and children are in Seoul."

"Then why did you even object to all of us moving to Busan??"

"Because I didn't want to move, I wanted to stay in Seoul as my parents were in Seoul." She insisted.

"So that gives you an excuse to find another man while I was away??"

"T-that wasn't the reason!!" She exclaimed and I sighed internally.

That's why you shouldn't lie in the first place...

"Did you see how shameless is she?? How can she still lie when she already admitted it herself??" He directed the question to me.

"Emm..." I said trying to create an atmosphere which the two could be comfortable with each other. "Listen to me for a while, Mr. and Mrs. Lee..."

"We are!!" They said in unison, agreeing with each other for once.

It's nice to see married couples on the same terms, unlike mine which has downs all the time. We don't have any common interests, it all happened because of a mistake.

"Mr. Lee, you are angry because your wife did something wrong to you??"

"Yes!!"

"Mrs. Lee, did you admit that you did something wrong to let Mr. Lee down??"

"That was a mistake, we didn't do anything like having sex. We were just talking about regular friends and he came right at the moment when he tried to kiss me."

"You are just trying to hide the fact that you are cheating on me."

"No, I wasn't. If it wasn't you who agreed to move all the way to Busan, this wouldn't have happened."

"Mrs. Lee, were you telling the truth??"

"Of course, I was. It was him that mistook everything. I was just talking to a regular friend and he came at the right moment."

I nodded at her answer and turned to her husband. "Then what is your stand about this??"

"I'm still going to divorce her and the children will be mine after the separation."

"No, the children will live with me as I am the one that raised them up. You didn't do anything."

"Yah, you woman!!" Mr. Lee stood up.

"What?? I'm only stating the facts." She did the same, the two staring at each other with flames in their eyes firing towards one another.

I stood up to stop the two from fighting each other, the office would be in flames if I don't. I don't have that much money if I don't stop them.

"You guys can calm down for a while, I will come up with the best solutions for the two of you. You guys can come back a few days time and I swear that the divorce would be carried out smoothly and quickly." I said and the two sat down feeling a little satisfied.

How frustrating are these two?? Normal couples only take one day to complete the procedure.

After they left, I kept away their files putting them in the special documents under the name 'uncompleted'. I usually have a good reputation when it comes to solving cases like this but today isn't a good day for it.

I heard a knock on the door and my secretary came in peeking her head through the door. "Your wife is in the lounge right now. Should I invite her in??"

She really isn't joking, she came to sign the papers for real.

"Don't. Tell me that I am very busy." I said but I saw another head behind her. It was Jeon YiYeon.

"Mrs. Nam, you can't come in yet." She tried to stop her but she pushed the poor secretary away coming into the room.

"Seems that you are really busy indeed. What the hell are you doing slacking around??"

"I really have a lot to do today so we can't sign the papers today," I told her.
Why do I seem so much like a coward now that she wants to divorce me herself??

"Don't worry. I have just gone to another law firm earlier and I bet that it is legitimate." She said taking out the document and threw it on the table. "I have already signed mine and you only have to sign your signature on top of it."

I didn't doubt her for a second and looked at the document very carefully. It is from my rival law firm that we always compete with during trials.

I have always wanted to end things with her and I have to do it today no matter what. It is what I always wanted and Jeon YiYeon had willingly agreed to it without hesitation.

I took out my special pen that I always bring out on trials and important events and slowly bringing it close to the paper.

Just one signature and I am finally done with her. My relationship with her will be over and I will be single again. I will be able to pursue Youngji openly as well.

My pen made smooth and swift strokes over the small area of the paper and I have signed my signature on the document of divorce.

Jeon YiYeon and I are officially not a married couple in the eyes of the law. We are not married and are now divorced.

Her plain expression became a smirk as she picked up the piece of document. "Nam Woohyun, I have already packed my stuff and they will be transported to my apartment by the end of this week. You must be happy that the bedroom now belongs to you and only you." She said before leaving the room with a loud slam on the door.

I ran to see her the very last time before she leaves this place and gets out of my life for real. I stood by the glass doors as she walks to her car and got into it, driving off.

Why do I feel so reluctant now that we are finally over?? Is this what they call regret??