❤21❤

Youngji

I sat down at the park near my apartment admiring the scenery while waiting for HongBin ssi to arrive. I left after dinner to take care of my children and I told Unnie to return home.

The night breeze blew and I shivered. I should've wore a cardigan knowing how cold the weather is at night especially it is already autumn. I looked at the time on my phone, 10 pm. It is still early.

Maybe I could go back home to get my cardigan. I thought to myself and stood up.

"Youngji!!" I heard HongBin ssi and turned around. He was running towards me with a heat pack in his hands and two cups of coffee. "Sorry, I went to buy coffee. The weather is a bit cold right??"

I nodded and got the hot cup of coffee from him. "Thanks, I was going back for a while to get my cardigan but you were faster." I took a sip of it. It is delicious.

"Did you tell your mother about me being cheated by that jerk??"

He shook his head. "Really??"

"Aren't we here to talk about YeBin??" He changed the subject.

"Right." I positioned myself to feel more comfortable. "What's with the argument this morning?? She is just having a crush on some guy in campus. There is nothing wrong about crushing on someone at this age."

"There is. She always gets heartbroken when she finds out that the guy had a girlfriend and she isn't the one."

"When would girls not feel that?? She didn't confess to that guy right?? It is okay if she didn't."

"It would be good if she didn't. I don't want her to be sad over guys that don't even know that she liked them. I want her to have a healthy relationship with someone. Like you and me."

My eyes doubled in size when he said that. Like you and me??

"Ah, like a healthy boy-girl relationship with no frequent kissing in front of family members and no sex before marriage." He tried to explain himself and I was trying not to laugh. He's such a traditional person, unlike someone that I had married.

"Like a friend-like relationship??" I said and he nodded.

"You really care a lot about your sister huh??" I asked and he nodded.

"Of course she is my younger sister even though we are not blood related."

Not blood related?? Then what are they??

"She is my best friend's sister. We officially adopted her a month after her family all died in a car accident. She was 4 at that time." He explained.

That is why she mentioned something about taking her in. She wasn't supposed to be a Lee in the first place. She knew all about it.

"Oh." is all I said. I knew something that isn't supposed to be told to anyone else casually and he just told me.

"Don't be too shocked, we told YeBin that she was adopted a very long time and we still treat her like a real family member."

They sure did, I saw how HongBin's parents take care of YeBin by putting food on her plate and making sure that she has water in her glass even if it is halfway full.

They always include her in every conversation that they brought up and made sure that YeBin was engaged in the conversation rather than being left out in one corner. They really treat YeBin as their own daughter.

"I will make sure to keep an eye on your sister and I'm sure that she is going on the right path. It's not wrong to have crushes, that guy that she is crushing is really handsome."

"Handsome is not something that you can use to determine a good guy. Look at me, am I a good guy??"

I nodded.

His face turned a little red. "Really?? Why do you think that I am a good guy??"

"You are someone that takes good care of his family and his friends. You are better than a lot of people that I have met in my entire life. Most importantly you saved me twice in one day."

"You speak too well of me. I feel flattered." He said touching the nape of his neck. "You are just saying that to make me think better of handsome guys."

"You do know that I never lie right?? What I say is really from my heart." 

I mean it. I want him to let his sister date anyone that she likes rather than him choosing the guy for YeBin.

"Think about it and apologize to YeBin for saying a thing to her." I said standing up. "I'm going back. Taewoon and TaeNa would notice if I am not with them for more than 30 minutes and thanks for the coffee."

"It's nothing, really." He said and he waved goodbye.

I really hope that the two patch up and things would go back to how they used to. I really missed the two bickering in front of me.

-----------

HongBin

I got back home and YeBin was in the living room watching dramas as usual. She noticed me coming into the house and she got up.

"YeBin--"

She walked to her room and was stopped by me.

"Don't block the way, I have to go to bed."

I got hold of her wrist. "Not till we settle this." I dragged her all the way to the backyard.

I told her to wait for me while I go get a few bottles of beer. I handed her one can and sat down. "Drink up."

"We have nothing to talk about."

"We have."

"We don't. Save it for someone else." She pushed it back to me.

"YeBin-ah, I know that I have been inconsiderate of your feelings but I am still worried that you might be heartbroken like last time. I talked about this with Youngji and she told me to let this small matter go. You can like whoever you want and I wouldn't interfere in it."

Her eyes sparkled. "Really?? Youngji unnie did say that??" She cleared her throat and went back into her arrogant mode. "I am still angry with you if you are wondering. Don't think that I had forgave you."

"You sure??" She nodded. "Who's the guy that you are crushing on right now?? How is he as a person??"

The sides of her mouth curled up and she smiled. "You really want to know about that??"

I nodded. "Tell me all about it, dongsaeng."