♥23♥

HongBin

I told the kid to wait for me at the counter at the lift lobby while I go park the car. He went there obediently and promised me that he wouldn't go anywhere else.

I took out my stuff and got out of the car, locking it with the key. I placed the key in my pocket and I made my way to the ground floor where Taewoon is waiting.

There he is, leaning against the wall making no eye contact with anyone else. He looks just like me when I was younger, rebellious but obedient at the same time when given orders from an adult.

"Taewoon-ah!!" I called for his attention.

"Ahjusshi, you are finally here. Do you have that much stuff to get??" He complained after seeing how much of stuff I was carrying.

I bought a mini toy car which young children can ride in it and food for him later in case if he is hungry.

I passed him his school bag. "Yes, thanks to you. Because of you being 'sick', I had to be the good guy and went out to buy so many stuff for you. It wouldn't be used if you are fine so I am just taking it to my office so sick children can play with it."

He scoffed. "Ahjusshi, you are really selfish..."

"You should say that about yourself, who was the one that pretended to be sick so that he can skip school??"

I smirked as he kept quiet. I had won the battle between the two of us.

"Ahjusshi, you wouldn't need to say it like that. I had reasons for it."

"I know and I don't blame you. I did that when I was younger too."

"Really?? Why, ahjusshi?? Why did you skip school??"

"I was rebellious and didn't want to go to school." I lied to him because I didn't want to explain something so complicated to a 5-year-old kid.

"Eo. Ahjusshi, you are also a bad kid." He said chuckling at me.

"I am." I stopped talking for a while as the lift doors open. We went into the lift and I pressed a button making the doors close.

"But I have grown up and never going to do any stupid things because it is stupid. So, promise me that you wouldn't skip school ever again without any purpose. I can't be there to pick you up you all the time, you know. I'm a very busy person."

"I got it, Ahjusshi."

I handed him the bag of food so that I can carry the toy car with ease. "Eat this when you are hungry." I told him as we got out of the lift.

We entered my workroom where I consult young patients about their health and placed the toy car down on the floor, pushing it to one side so that people wouldn't trip over it.

Taewoon was sitting on the couches and playing with the toy car while I sat down behind my desk looking at the messages that Youngji had sent.

Youngji

Have you picked Taewoon up already??

Have you??

It is noon already.

Remember to give him medication after he eats.

Make sure that he doesn't consume any ice cream or potato chips.

So many messages...

Of course, she would send tons of messages about her 'sick' son.

Don't worry about that, I know what to do. Just pick him up after your work shift ends.

I placed my phone down as I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in..."

There shouldn't be any patients assigned to me as I am sort of having an off day while taking care of this child.

The pediatric clinic is closed today so I technically don't need to go to work today but I choose to because I got nothing to do at home. My whole life is just the hospital and my house, nothing more.

The door opened and I stood up immediately on my two feet upon seeing the hospital director. Dr. Jung Yoojin is also here, she is my fellow colleague and we graduated from medical school in the same year.

"Good afternoon, Director Jung!!" I said with my head down bowing to him with a 90 degree bow.

I lifted his head up and he laughed heartily. "Dr. Lee right?? You are working hard even on your day offs, you are a capable young man."

"I just have nowhere to go other than here, the hospital is like my second house so..."

"I get it." He said looking around the room and stopped at Taewoon who is currently still playing with the toy car. It seems like he would never get bored of it ever.

"Whose child is it?? Yours??" He is referring to Taewoon.

I wished that he was but he just isn't...

"No, he is my friend's son and I agree to take care of him for the whole day as his mother couldn't get away from work."

"Daebak, you are a pediatric doctor and now you are a care taker. How much can you even do??"

"HongBin ssi, may I know what is his name??" Dr. Jung asked while going over to the child.

"Taewoon, Heo Taewoon. He is 5 and turning 6 in a few months."

"Really?? I thought that he was already 7, he is really tall for his age. His mother must have raised him well." She pinched TaeWoon's cheeks lightly and Taewoon immediately slapped her hand away.

"Yah!! Heo Taewoon!!"

She rubbed the back of the palm. "It's okay, it is normal for him to do that. It is not like I'm very close to him."

"Don't get close to Doctor Ahjusshi, you witch!!" He ran into my embrace.

I didn't know what to say so I just bowed to the two of them and took Taewoon out of the room.

We walked into the open space and he sat down on one side of the bench.

"Taewoon-ah, may I know why did you do that to Dr. Jung?? This is unlike you to do that."

"I just don't like her." He crossed his arms and turned away from me. I wonder why...

"Even so, you can't do that. She thinks that you are cute, that's why she pinched your cheeks. Don't your mom do that sometimes too??"

He slowly nodded. "But my mom is different, she is my mom."

Of course, I know.

"But you have to treat females better, you have to be more well-mannered or YeBin wouldn't like you."

"YeBin noona won't like me if I'm not well-mannered??"

"That's right so can you be more well-mannered for YeBin and for everyone??"

He nodded and I patted his head. "Good boy. Can you apologize to that doctor Noona when you get back??"

"Of course I should. She will be hurt if I don't."

Glad that you know...