Epilogue part 1

A few months later...

Woohyun

Life at the law firm was going around normal as usual, there are still people coming in because they needed to settle something that they couldn't on their own, couples coming in to end their relationship and to register their marriage as well.

The law firm is really a weird place to work in, people either leave the place with a smile on their faces or be crying as soon as they are outside. Yet, they chose the law firm to settle their stuff nevertheless, that's why law firms are very important in their lives.

I heard a knock on the door and it was my secretary, passing me a file. It was the word confidential on top of it and she left immediately after I thanked her as always. I opened the file looking at the names and I heard another knock on the door, I went to open it and my eyes turned into half-moons.

"Good Morning..." I greeted the two and looked around. "Where are Taewoon and TaeNa??"

There is no way that they will leave the two children alone and come here, they loved their children a lot.

"Taewoon is bringing TaeNa around with the stroller playing around the law firm," Youngji told me, her cheeks were pinkish. It was evident that she was wearing makeup, she never wore makeup after giving birth to the children and especially after she found that her then-husband cheated on her but after falling in love again, she became, even more, prettier and of course she was happy.

"You will get to see them later, hyung. Taewoon grew another 2 cm since last month." HongBin commented he was happy as well, grinning from side to side that made me feel a bit jealous.

Can he not smile for a second?? He's very annoying...

"Have a seat if you want to get married." I gestured to them 2 seats and I told my secretary to prepare three cups of hot beverages, two cups of coffee and a cup of tea. "I want to meet my nephew and niece as soon as possible."

We read over the wedding vows and they signed at the end of the contract, it was done in 15 minutes. It was a very simple way of marrying each other, it is cheap without the use of a wedding venue.

There was no wedding catering, no audience, there was no officiant, no flower throwing by the flower girl, no exchanging of rings by the bride and the groom and they have already had their rings worn before coming here. The signing of the wedding certificate was their last part to completing their 'marriage ceremony'.

I'm sure that Youngji was the one that wanted the whole thing to be simple, she was a simple girl and always wanted the simplest things. She got to plan her own wedding with HongBin and she wanted it to be a low-profile one.

I got back the two copies of the wedding certificate and took it to the photocopying machine to copy it, we lawyers have to have a copy of the wedding certificate to prove that we have gone over the whole procedure.

I gave them back the certificates and they smiled, grateful that I was the one that officiated the whole wedding process and not some random stranger.

"Congratulations... May your marriage last as long as forever..." I kept a smile as I congratulated them.

"Thanks, are you and YiYeon getting back together??" Youngji asked in which I gave her a mysterious answer that both smiled at me.

"Taewoon must've been flirting with all the female lawyers in the law firm, better prevent him from getting kisses from them," I commented. "And TaeNa, make sure that you don't interfere in her love affair even if you disapproved of them being together," I told them.

"Then what about little him??" She stroked her tummy, trying to signal to me something, something that I should know.

She's pregnant with HongBin's child.

"He... He will do just fine, just don't make him work in the nursing industry as he will suck at it."

HongBin laughed. "What?? You are not a fortuneteller, how accurate would you even be??"

"It is up to you whether you will believe you or not but things like this can happen unexpectedly by fate," I said and they nodded, HongBin placed his hand on Youngji's waist. "The two of you being together is one example, you made her have the chance to love someone again."

"So do thank me if all of my predictions come true, call me master Woohyun." I tried to act cool by placing a finger on my nose. "Please do that if it goes right on any of your children," I told him.

"Fine, Woohyun sunbae. We better get going now, we are going out for a picnic you see." She said.

"Go on then, have a good time bonding as a family," I said and they left, I could hear Taewoon talking about how he is going to play with his sister later.

The Lee Family is completed at first and now it is my story, my story with Jeon YiYeon.

I got out of the office at 6 pm looking as smart as I can and I made my way to the pub that I frequently go to, where Jeon YiYeon and I first met before we even knew each other as schoolmates. It is a friendly drinking session and none of us were expecting that we will meet again tomorrow which is the first day of school.

Ah, what good memories... I wished that we were still in university...

I heard the iconic sound of high heels walking and it stopped, YiYeon Ats down in the highchair next to me. "Have you ordered anything for me??"

I nodded. "You said that you wanted orange juice and it would be here soon. Do you not want to get drunk today??"

It was weird of her to order orange juice in a pub especially when she is a great drinker, maybe she doesn't want to drink today??

"You will know soon." She gave a mysterious smile. "How's work today??"

"Great. Youngji and HongBin came to get married today." I told her and she gasped.

"Just earlier?? Why didn't she asked me to come along as well?? I am her friend." She pouted and it was such a cute pout.

"I thought the two of you were enemies?? Weren't the two of you always fighting whenever you guys meet??"

"It was a misunderstanding and we solved it out peacefully so we are friends right now other than the fact that we were supposed to be distant cousins that have a lot of differences between one another."

I just nodded as I didn't know what to say. "Then how's work for you today??"

YiYeon is now working at a department store selling shoes as she wanted to work at somewhere she would enjoy staring at the whole day, she said that it was boring to stay at home the whole day not doing anything. I'm glad that she thought that way, her life would be more exciting in this way.

"A few colleagues congratulated me all the way from the morning, guess what's the occasion. I even bought some books on motherhood."

Now, it all makes sense. The orange juice, the books. She even didn't need to say all of it, it is clear to me. She was pregnant.

"Take off your shoes right now," I told her.

"Why??"

"They looked uncomfortable and you shouldn't even be wearing that at this point," I told her. "And you are going to quit this job by this month."

"I can still work, it is not like I'm going to give birth soon. There is still 7 months left."

"But still, it is bad for you and little woohyun to work while standing such long hours," I added and grabbed her bag. "Let's go home, the noise here might affect little woohyun."

She laughed at the moniker that I gave to our unborn child. "Little woohyun?? How do you know if it is a boy for certain??"

"Little woohyun is cute or do you want little YiYeon?? Both names are equally cute."

"Little Yiyeon, I want it to be a girl." She smiled. "A girl would be nice for the two of us."

Thanks for giving me a chance to love you properly like what a husband would do...