❤20❤

Hongbin

I got out of my car and walked up to the door opening the door with the door key. I took a peek inside the house and I smelled something nice. 

Who was in the house?? For sure it is not Youngji because she didn't tell me anything about coming to my house and it is also definitely not YeBin...as I just fought with her this very morning. Then who is it?? Could it be Omma??

"I'm home!!" I shouted trying to confirm my guess.

"Hongbin-ah!! You're home??" I heard my mother's voice and the sides of my mouth curled up a little. Isn't she supposed to be still on vacation with Appa??

I went into the kitchen and saw Omma's back and Youngji?? Why is she doing here??

"Omma, why are you doing here?? Where's Appa?? Aren't you guys supposed to be still on vacation??" I asked as she turns around with a spatula in her hand.

A few months ago, the two of them retired after so 2 decades of working together and decided to travel the world using 1/3 of their savings that they had saved all these years while raising Yebin and me at the same time.

"We are but I told your father that I need some rest after all these travelings so I am here to check up on the two of you and as well I get to meet my potential future daughter-in-law." She said referring to the person next to her blushing so hard.

"Aniya, Omma!! She is not my girlfriend!!" I said denying even though I had a thing for Youngji but sadly she just doesn't feel the same way as me.

"You are not??" She turned towards Youngji with a disbelieving expression. "You really are not??" She repeated.

"That's what I was trying to tell you, Eomeoni but you didn't listen to me at all, you cut me off every single time." Youngji said.

"She is my friend and she is a mother of two, a 5-year-old boy and a 6-month-old baby girl." I explained to my mother that still doesn't believe that the person that she is looking at now is actually married, well once married.

"You are married??" She asked.

"Yes, Eomeoni." She said.

I need to clarify things for once. "Omma, didn't you say that you needed to take some stuff in YeBin's room??"

"Did I??" She pointed to herself.

"Yes, you did. We will be back soon." I told Youngji and she just nodded ignoring how weird the situation is.

I led Omma all the way to YeBin's room.

"Omma, why didn't you and Appa tell me that you guys are coming back??" I asked her as soon I shut the door of YeBin's room.

Instead of answering my question, she asked me another question?? "Why are you so surprised seeing me at home?? Don't tell me that she is really your girlfriend??"

I rolled my eyes. Why does people from this family always think this way?? One treats her as a sister-in-law while another treats her like a daughter-in-law.

"No, Omma. You thought of it too far away. We are really friends."

"Really?? Then the way you look at her tells me another thing. But seriously, don't get too close to someone's wife. She is belonged to someone else not you."

My mother hates women cheating on their husbands a lot. I don't know the reason why but she just hates them a lot.

"She is a divorcee, for goodness sake. Her husband is the one that cheated on her." I managed to say it with much difficulty. I really hate this word a lot, why did they even invent the word 'divorce' in the first place??

"Omo, really?? Such poor thing." Her tone immediately changed.

"Why would someone so horrible dare to cheat on a wife that is like an angel?? I will kill that person if I ever see him in person."

"You will get into prison for that and Woohyun hyung may not be able to bail you out for that."

"Don't worry, I won't really do that. Your mother is not so stupid to do that." She said looking towards the door. "I better go help her out now. Finding something in YeBin's room doesn't really take such a long time." She said and left the room. .

I'm sure that she went to confront Youngji about her getting divorced. My mother is the type of person who is very honest about her feelings and doesn't pretend to like the person if she didn't like them in the first place.

I came out after a few seconds and pretended to go to the toilet while eyeing on the both of them having a conversation. We were just separated by just a wall so I can heard every single thing very clearly.

"Eomeoni, why are curious about my life?? Mine is nothing interesting."

"Well, it is not that boring if there are drama and disputes. I'm sure that there are right??"

"Sorry, I don't feel comfortable telling you about my life. After all, it is not worth to even talk about it."

That took a huge pang in my heart, she feels uncomfortable telling people about her life?? Of course, who would want people to know that her husband cheated on her with who she thought to be her best friend. She lost two of her closest people in just one day.

I heard the door open and I instinctively chose to ignore it. It must be YeBin.

Why must she make me so worried about her?? She just likes random people without even thinking about how heartbroken would she be if that person had a girlfriend and it is not her.

"YeBin-ah, you're home??" I heard Mother calling to her.

"Ne, Omma... Youngji unnie, you are here too?? Then who takes care of Taewoon and TaeNa if you are here??"
"I'm leaving after dinner. My sister is taking care of them now."

My phone beeped and I pulled out my phone from my pocket. It was a message from Youngji.

Tell me all about YeBin later. I can't bear seeing the two of you not arguing for even a second.

Right, it is time to tell all of it to her and about YeBin.