♥34♥

Youngji

I was at work taking orders as usual and preparing the orders in double the speed as the part-timer is on leave today and there is basically no one in the store except for me and me.

I should put up more hire posters to attract more teenagers to take up a part-time job. These teenagers need to make a living to understand how hard their parents worked every day to give them their allowance which they would use it all up in like a week.

So I decided to only do half a day because of the shortage of manpower and the tremendous amount of people that visit the store every day. It is not that I'm lazy or anything like that, there aren't any people to serve.

My sister is coming back after a month long of recuperating from childbirth and finally, I will have someone to help.

"Thank you and please come again!!" I said and sighed as I have served the last customer for today and it is late afternoon at 4.25 pm.

Taewoon should also be done with his after-school sessions and TaeNa from the childcare center as well. I would have to pick up the two of us and go home as HongBin ssi isn't free to take care of them today. He has a night shift and he should be sleeping right now to preserve energy.

I heard the doorbell clang and I looked towards the door.

"Sorry, we are closed today as we are only having a half-day-- JungKook??"

I saw him enter wearing a suit and a briefcase next to him. He was alone, his girlfriend wasn't with him.

"Can I have a caramel macchiato having here??" He said with a cheeky smile.

I rolled his eyes and turned towards the coffee machine. "One caramel macchiato coming up!!"

"Why is it only operating for half a day??"

"Lack of manpower. The part-timer that I hired was on leave and it would be a crime if I made my children work." I laughed as I imagined Taewoon making coffee as he admires his features in the reflection of the glass door.

"Not even Woohyun hyung can save you from that." He added. "Where's JiSoo hyung then?? Still with his business trip??"

My smile faded and I prepared his cup of coffee in silence. He knew that I was hiding something from me so he waited for me to speak up.

I placed his cup of coffee in front of him and sat down, taking off my apron and placing it on the chair.

"What happened between you and JiSoo hyung?? I heard all of it from Woohyun hyung but I still wanted to hear it from your perspective."

I faked a smile. "As expected, you would know everything even before I have a chance to tell you." I looked down at the table. "It started a little over 2 years ago when TaeNa was almost due, to say it simply we divorced because he cheated on me."

He didn't say anything but he wanted me to continue. "Han BitNa was his mistress and they have lied to me ever since Taewoon was born. Even DaeHwan is conceived by Nam JiSoo when she claims that she had a one-night stand with a certain someone."

"And I'm glad that you won the lawsuit against him with the help of Woohyun hyung. I have admired the wrong person not knowing that he would be this kind of a beast that beats up his wife that he doesn't love."  He said finally taking a sip of the coffee. He hasn't been able to drink it earlier.

"Yes and I'm happy that all that is over. And I'm happy that I am a divorcee, at least I don't get beat up by some monster." I said, showing a genuine smile.

"Right. Then what about that guy??"

"Which guy??"

Is he talking about HongBin ssi??

"Do you have any feelings for him??"

"He is just a friend," I said firmly. An I that obvious??

"But that look that he gives doesn't look that friendly to me. He likes you for sure."

"Of course, he does. But I can't love him."

"Noona, what's with you these days?? No one cares if you get married with two kids from the previous marriage and no one would judge if you have a second marriage."

"They do. And I don't want to."  I said, still avoiding his gaze, my tears forming in my eyes.

"Noona, there's someone that would give all his heart to you and you are still rejecting it?? Are you that stupid??"

I'm stupid, I really am. But what if I get hurt again??

"JungKook, I have to go fetch my children now," I said standing up. "Finish your coffee and I will close down the shop."

"I'll go along with you." He handed me the cup and I brought it to the sink to wash it.

He stood at the sidewalks while he waits for me to close down the store for the day, he even apologized to some customers who were trying to enter.

We walked the way to TaeWoon's school and then TaeNa's.

"Aren't you tired??" He shook his head.

"I'm always energized to meet these children. Thanks to you running away that day, I didn't even get to memorize their faces."

"You don't need to, their visuals are always shining all thanks to me." I pretended to flip my hair, acting all diva.

"Noona, you shock me so much these days. You learned it from Woohyun hyung right??"

I shook my head. "Nope, it is all in my blood," I said, earning glares from him and the people around me.

I shouldn't say that it's embarrassing...

"Noona, do whatever you want but make sure to marry him." He said which made my heart skip a beat.

"He might be attached in the end and I will die as a lonely woman."

"I have said whatever I have to say, the answer is up to you. He's the right person for you. If he was someone else, he wouldn't spend 2 whole years trying to earn your heart."

I stopped in my tracks, thinking about what HongBin ssi have done for me over and over again. He has done plenty for me and I haven't done anything back for him. Instead, I broke his heart and never got his love back.

He should've got the idea already and stopped liking me but he didn't.

You can never stop loving someone.

And I am the coward, not him. It is just a natural process of loving someone and I am the one trying to stop all that.

I'm a such a bad person.

If everyone does the same thing as me, no one will fall in love. They will just be like me, keeping my feelings unknown forever.