♥27♥

YiYeon

I watched as Eomeoni kneeled down all of a sudden in front of Heo Youngji and pleading her for her forgiveness of her useless son.

I wonder how that bastard still gets people caring for him when he cheated on his wife and physically abused her making her give birth to her daughter prematurely.

Him still denying what he did and eventually got a taste of his own medicine when he gets exposed by his own younger brother, my legally married husband Nam Woohyun.

It is not that I hated Heo Youngji because Woohyun used to like her but the fact that she could persuade my mother-in-law to her side is really something.

My mother-in-law would always talk about her whenever she comes to visit, she would always talk about how Heo Youngji would help her in whatever she needed.

She even once said that she wished that I was Heo Youngji so life for her would be easier. How can she be that biased??

We were both married into the same family but why the treatments that we both get back is that different??

We were related as cousins but why is she always treated a little better??

Heo Youngji would always receive praises while I would be just told to do a better job next time. She even told me to learn from her to be a better daughter-in-law.

Heo Youngji gave birth to two children in the 5 years that she got married and I got none for the past 3 years. It is not me that didn't want any children.

It was him, Nam Woohyun. I persuaded him to have children with me for the last 3 years but it was no success. He would either push me aside and told me to mind my own business or just not come back home and stay in the law firm.

If he doesn't want to spend time with me, then why did he even marry me in the first place??

I became a Mrs. Nam just like that without having any romantic moments with him at all for the past 3 years.

Why am I so pathetic??

I would have divorced a long time ago if I want to but I just couldn't. I loved him, that's why. I am never going to divorce him in fear of him going to Youngji if I did. I have to protect my marriage no matter what it takes.

That's why I hated her so much.

They are changing places...

They walked into the cafe that she co-owned with her older sister. They took the seats near the window after Heo Youngji moved her children to the back of the cafe which I assumed that it is the breakroom.

I entered the cafe after they are deep in conversation in order to prevent them looking towards my direction as I entered the cafe.

I wore my shades and ordered a cup of coffee bringing it to the table behind them. In this way, I got to enjoy the coffee as well as to listen to their conversation openly.

"Youngji-ah, you need not care about spending a cent if you are working with me. All expenses are paid by me."

They are still talking about this?? I thought that Heo Youngji rejected it the last time I met her for this.

"But Eomeoni... I don't want to get involved with your family anymore. I'm tired of it."

So, that's her reason?? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me but I'm sure that she will try to twist her words around to persuade Eomeoni that she really needs the job and will stick close to her to get her fortune.

That's her ulterior motive, I'm sure of it. My hunches never go wrong.

I feel a hand grabbing my wrist and I looked up. It was my husband. How did he find out that I was here??

"Let's go home."

"But--"

"Eo, Woohyun-ah?? How did you know that we were here??" Eomeoni asked and turned around. "You are here too, YiYeon??"

I totally felt sarcasm coming from her. It is like you got exposed but you are still trying to act cool about it.

"I was just passing by after work and I remembered that I was supposed to have dinner with YiYeon. That's why I am here to pick her up."

My frown instantly turned into a wide smile. I had to switch my acting mode right now or she would suspect. She doesn't know about us having this kind of a relationship.

"Ne, Eomeoni. I almost have forgotten that he had booked a table for us at a restaurant nearby." I stood up and he hugged my waist like what he usually does when I'm public.

He never does this to me at home or in private.

"See you next time, Omma. We will come by to visit you this weekend." He told Eomeoni and then to Heo Youngji. "Long time no see, Youngji."

"Same to you, Woohyun Sunbae. Have a good meal with your wife." She asked. How fake that smile is...

I bet that you totally didn't expect me to be right beside you the whole time while you were putting on an act in front of gullible Eomeoni.

"Yes, we will have such a great time together, don't worry about that." I asked and we waved at them while we left the cafe.

He let go of me as soon as we got out of sight and I got into the car crossing my arms sitting in the front seat.

We got home immediately, there was no going to the restaurant to have dinner. We have never dined out before because of him.

He went into the study room which was also called as his bedroom as there was a bed inside and he spent almost all his time home in there.

I got into the room before he could close the door. He was taking off his tie.

I threw my newest handbag on the floor and that made him turn around to face me.

"Why did you pull me out of the cafe just like that?? I was halfway--."

"You were eavesdropping on them. See?? I was right. What do you going to gain from it?? I can't believe how immature and childish you can be."

"Childish and immature?? Then what about you?? Does hiding in your room and avoiding me not considered being childish??"

"I don't want to talk about this. Just go back to your room and rest. I need to do more work." He pushed me out of the room.

"Is work that important to you?? Please pay more attention to me, I am your wife."

He didn't respond.

"Yah!! Nam Woohyun!!" I kicked the door with all my might and it sent a tingling pain into my nerves.

"Ah!!"

I fell down on the floor, grabbing my leg and massaging it. It sure hurts a lot.

But that yell didn't make him open the door. There was no 'Are you okay??' or someone coming out of the room to show any concern to me.

Nam Woohyun, why did you tell me to marry you in the first place if you are just going to treat me like shit??

I am a human too. Pay more attention to me before I decide to give up on you forever.

Please don't make me go past through my limit.