♥31♥

HongBin

I sat down examining a kid's throat to know how exactly bad the situation is. It is a normal day at work for me.

"It is bad but I'm sure that it can cure with some medication."

"Is the medication that you are going to give me bitter?? If it is bitter, I would rather let it rot."

I chuckled at the child's answer. How much must he be hating to take his medication??

"Which doctor would give his patients bitter medication?? I will prescribe you the sweetest medication that I can find in this world."

"Really??"

"Of course." I pinched the child's cheeks. "And you will melt like honey the moment you take it."

I placed the patient's chart to the small opening when a nurse will be taking it to the pharmacist to prescribe medication for the child. 

"Remember not to eat too much food that is fried or you will have to come here once again." I looked at his arm. "And you will receive a shot there the next time you visit."

This would always make the child obey and not waste their parents' money to pay the medical bills. Healthcare is expensive in this country.

"Yes, sir!!" The child saluted me and I did the same.

"Please wait a while outside and just be a good boy."

"Yes, sir!!" He walked out of the room looking like a soldier.

I looked at the clock, it is time for lunch again.

Why do humans need to eat all the time?? Can't they just eat one meal of the day??

I took off my doctor's coat hanging it over the chair and walked out of the room, stretching a bit. Sitting in that whirl chair for a few hours is really tiring.

I walked to the counter, looking for my friend so that we can go eat lunch together.

"Sohye-nim, do you wanna eat lunch together??"

But she wasn't there, then I remembered that she isn't working today. She is on leave until tomorrow because of the flu that she caught a few days ago.

I felt someone linking my arm, I looked at the person immediately getting my arm out of it.

"We can have lunch together then, shall we?? Since Kang Sohye isn't here."

"I will eat by myself, find someone to dine with."

"Lee HongBin, how can you do this to me?? How can you be so ruthless?? We kissed, don't you remember??"

"That was just one kiss and I was out of my mind at that time. I didn't do anything to you after that."

Tears were forming in her eyes, I felt my heart soften a little.

I looked around me, people were staring at us. We have to get out of here before rumors start spreading here and there.

I got hold of her hand. "Let's go to somewhere more where there are lesser people."

I dragged her all the way to the rooftop and released the grip on her wrist.

"Listen, I will only say this once and never again. You are just my colleague and nothing more. There is nothing between the two of us."

"But... But you kissed me. That broke the wall between us. You have feelings for me." She placed her hands on her chest, pleading with desperate.

"But I don't. I have someone that I like and I hope that you understand. Just take it as a mistake and never tell anyone about this." I said giving her a death stare. "If you do, I will quit this job this instant. I'm serious."

I left the hospital walking very furiously thinking of all the mistakes that I have made.

How the hell did I even kiss her back in the first place?? Did I take her as Youngji but I wasn't even drunk at that time, why did I do that for?? To satisfy my needs??

Flashback

Our lips were moving in sync, tasting each other's lips. Her lips tasted like mild strawberry and alcohol mixed together.

It seems like she ate strawberry shortcake before coming here.

Our lips parted and she laid her head on my shoulders. All that excitement vanished instantly. My heart was still beating fast from those feelings coming from within me but I wasn't enjoying it.

I was being lured into it and I felt so disgusted by what I had done. I kissed someone back that I don't like and I seriously regretted it.

She held onto my arm. "Don't leave, I love you..." She said showing a silly and naive smile.

I was going to leave her alone but I just couldn't bear the sight of a drunk woman on her own so I called a substitute driver for her.

And that glass of alcohol that I ordered still remained as it is. I didn't take a sip of it at all.

End of Flashback

I bumped into Taewoon and another kid that I really can't remember his name well for one reason.

"Eo, HongBin ahjusshi!!" He waved at me and he did the same.

I went up to the both of them and squatted down to match to their level.
"Why are you out here?? Aren't you supposed to be in the store??"

"DaeHwan and I decided to play at the playground down the street, do you want to play with us??" He suggested and I looked at the watch. It is almost the end of my break and I haven't eaten anything yet.

"No, thank you. I would have to get back to the hospital soon. Are you guys hungry??"

They shook their heads. "But I want ice cream though, can you buy it for us ahjusshi??" DaeHwan said and Taewoon nodded eagerly.

"Of course, let's go before it's too late!!" And we went to the ice cream store nearby to satisfy their cravings, hopefully, that would help me forget about the bad things temporarily.

The two children sat down in chairs designed to look like biscuits and ate their ice cream in delight.

"Have you guys made up already??" I said thinking of that time where the two children fought and Taewoon skipped school as a result.

They both nodded their heads and I smiled, relieved that the conflict between the two of us is now over and they are friends again.

So they had made up with each other already...

Then what about me and Youngji??

We haven't talked since that night and it has been a few weeks.

"Ahjusshi, are you going to take care of me again??" Taewoon suddenly asked.

"If I can, I will. It is up to your mother to decide."

"I'm sure she will agree to it as she's your friend."

Yes, she is a friend. Not someone of love interest.

I stood up from my seat and went to the counter and ordered another cup of ice cream just for Youngji since she's my friend.

I went back to the two children before going back to the hospital.

"Remember to give it to your mother no matter what. She has to eat it since her friend bought it for her."

Heo Youngji, let's be friends for life!!