Chapter10

Maria's POV
Liam looks so perfect. His hair was moved to the side and he was faced to the window. He was thinking I bet. I saw a tear roll down his face and I felt bad.
"Hey you ok?" I asked and he wiped his tear away fast.
"Yeah just thinking." He said and I knew what he was thinking about. I did the same thing when I lost so much. When I lost my home. My family. But most importantly when I lost...........Joshua.

FLASHBACK.......

"Josh knock it off bro. Your gonna attract one of the walkers if you keep making me laugh." I said while we were in a hospital room.
"Okok I'll stop.Ok come on babe. We gotta check out what the fuck that noise was. Massa told us to and I'm not going to be a dumbass and not listen. So let's go." He said and i followed. We were in the high school getting paper and text books. We got some stuff but we heard noises so Massa told us to check it out. The virus was announced about two months ago and I'm still scared shitless. We walked into the gym and I remembered something. This is where Josh and I had our very first kiss.
"Babe do you remember what happend here?" I asked and he nodded. Holding his gun in one hand and my hand in this other.
"Of corse I do. I would never forget the place where my lips meet yours for the very first time. When my crush/Bestfriend and I had felt the sparks for the first time. He said kissing me. Then we heard something. I turned around to see a walker running towards us. Mostly me because I gasped loudly. Then Josh pushed me and the walker got him. He bit his neck and Josh threw me the gun. I shot a gun for the first time. I also killed my first walker. I ran to him. He was losing so much blood and the tears streamed down my face. The one I love is dying and he saved my life.
"Babe I love you so much. Don't let anyone get in your way. Keep the rest of the group safe ok. Here." He said and handed me a necklace. It was a hold heart locket. I opened it to see our faces. I cried more. He handed me his phone too.
"Take these things to remember me by. Now shoot me. I can't become one of those things." He said and I shook my head. I couldn't kill him. I loved him too much.
"I can'....." He cut me off.
"I know baby but remember I'll always be here." He said pointing to my heart. I stood up and grabbed the gun.
"I love you Joshua and I always will." I said.
" I love you more Maria and I'll watch you from heaven." He said and I pulled the trigger. He was dead. Then I ran away crying. I found the group and threw myself to the floor and began to cry more. I've just lost the love of my life. And I'll never get him back.....

END OF FLASHBACK......

I was the reason he's gone. I should be the one gone not him.
"Are you alright your literally crying a river." Liam said and I laughed.
"Just thought if something that's all." I said and he hugged me. I hugged him back. Then I pulled back and pulled the necklace Joshua gave me before he died.
"My boyfriend died because of this. I was the last one to see him alive and he gave me this. And his phone that I keep in my room. I loved him and still do." I said crying a little more. Liam whipped my tears away and we stared at each other in the eyes.
"Love I know how you feel. Right now I don't know if my girlfriend is alive or not. But I know she would want me to be happy and smile in honor of her. And she would want me to love again. Or try to." He said and I agreed with him. He's right. I nodded and then the unexpected came. Liam leaned in and kissed me. These were the first lips I felt since........Joshua. And I loved them. We pulled away and smiled at each other. Then everyone in the car began to cheer. Everyone except Liam and I. Because we were red. When everyone calmed down we continued to drive home. But one thing crossed my mind the entire time. Did Liam have something for me. Or was it just the heat in the moment?