REALISATIONS

"You are in love,you are in love,you-are-in-looooooove!",sang Ron mimicking the voice of a girl when he caught Hermione sneaking glances up at the staff table particularly at a (not so oblivious) teacher and almost half of the Griffindor table erupted in chuckles that they failed to hide."I'm soo not!" Hermione rolled her eyes in mock disgust,all the while feeling the blood rising to her cheeks."And keep it down all of you.Oh god,he's looking this way.I'm going to kill you!"
"Hermione,this is stupid.You obviously have feelings for him so why deny it?It's not like its going to get any further than that so you might as well have some fun,or let us for that matter."Harry joked."It's just a stupid crush,"Hermione mumbled,"I'm sure I'll get over it soon after we graduate.""Yeah,which is what,not for the next seven years?"Ron interjected.Hermione needed to get away then.She quickly clutched her bag and hastily exited the Great hall.
(Snape's POV)................................
Snape stole a glance at the Griffindor table when he heard poorly concealed laughs from that direction.Apparently Weasley had cracked a joke to which all were laughing but  why is Ms.Granger blushing?Oh hell,she must be infatuated with him...huh,why do I care?You really do care,don't you?
She mumbled something back to them and they quited down.She does have a bossy nature.She looked at him and then quickly looked down embarrassed.Then it hit him,they were joking about him.Those b**.Snape looked away exasperated.Nasty little shits;guts enough to make wisecracks but not brains enough to secure good marks in academics.After a while he watched as Hermione sauntered off.Maybe atleast she doesn't think of me as a joke.
.............................................................
Hermione entered her room,threw down her bag and plopped down on her bed.They all had separate cabin-like rooms so she at least had complete freedom in here.She gave in to her feelings.Of course,who am I kidding?I do love him.I really really do.But it's not going to work.These stars can never meet...not in a million years..."You're pathetic Hermione Jean Granger!"Hermione grumbled out loud pulling the sheets upto her face.But sleep would'nt come so easily.
Floors below Professor Severus Snape was also lying in bed uneasy.Stupid,childish,miserable.You're having feelings for that girl?Not just any girl;the insufferable know-it-all.But you kinda like her knowledgeable mind and admire her intelligence.Shut up!Ok,it's just that-you like her as a student,an excellent student,a gentle kind compassionate human being,in fact the best-Oh no,dangerous territory,back off!Snape turned and lay straight on his back.How could you let this happen?Its not as if you're in deep shit already that you created another problem for yourself.Insane.But its not a problem,really,is it?Its love."No,you cannot drag her into your world.This dark abyss is not where an angel like her belongs.Not her...not her."Snape sighed.