THE GOBLET OF FIRE

All the members of the dinner party now gathered around the hospital bed where Hermione lay.When Snape had carried her in ,she looked limp and her face was purple and blotchy ,like she had chocked to death.But Madam Pomfrey repaired her windpipe in no time.Now everyone was waiting for her to gain consciousness.After sometime she thrashed awake,like she was having a nightmare and Snape clutched her hand."It's okay,Hermione.You're okay.Calm down."Her eyes fluttered open in horror but she relaxed seeing Snape."What....happened?"she whispered."Un huh.Don't try to talk.You should not put any pressure on your vocal chord."Madam Pomfrey warned.Hermione ignored her as usual."How's.....Hagrid?"she croaked.She was nearly choked to death by him and she is still concerned about him!"He tried to choke you and was nearly successful had Dumbledore not intervened.You also have minor cuts on your scalp ,from the window glass.Hagrid is currently in Dumbledore's office."Snape informed her."He was under the imperius curse,you see."Flitwick explained."The point is finding out,by whom."Snape said.Pomfrey then came and opened Hermione's neck-brace to check her throat and the ladies present ,drew a sharp intake of breath looking at the state of her skin underneath;her throat was completely red and swollen with the marks of Hagrid's broad fingers etched clearly across her skin."I would like to keep you under my watch for a few more hours and put the brace back on."Madam Pomfrey remarked."Hagrid has been brought back to his normal state and he couldn't stop apologising for his actions."McGonagall said."Damn well he should be."Snape grumbled,gnashing his teeth. Hermione put a hand on his,"It....wasn't...his...fault.""But we've got to find out who is trying to kill you."Snape argued.Madam Malkin was a silent observer till now.Leaning into McGonagall and pointing at Snape and Hermione,she asked."Are these two....are they..?""Yes.They are together."McGonagall replied shortly."Hunh."she snorted, as if not being able to believe it.Snape kissed the top of Hermione's hand and they all left so that she could rest.....................................................
"What did I miss?"Hermione asked,sitting down at the Griffindor table for dinner."A Beauxbatons girl got drunk and took her top off at the Hogshead.There were tonnes of snogging between the Hogwarts and the Durmstrang students.Another girl..."Ron blabbered."I meant the events of the school."Hermione rolled her eyes."Every eligible candidate has put their names in the Goblet of fire.Fred and George tried to fool the system by putting their names in after drinking an ageing potion,but their names blew up in flames and they developed white beards."Harry informed.Hermione snorted,"Its gonna take a lot more than that to fool Dumbledore."At that moment Dumbledore stood up at the podium to speak and everyone quited down."The Goblet of fire would now choose its three champions."There was a murmur of excitement throughout the hall.The flame grew brighter and brighter till it spat out a chit of paper containing Fleur Delacaur's name from Beauxbatons.Then Victor Krum from Durmstrang was chosen and Snape muttered under his breath.Great.Now he's got another cause for the girls to gush over him.He looked over at Hermione.She was clapping and cheering for everyone alike.Then Cedric Diggory from Hogwarts was chosen and everyone gave the loudest cheers.All the champions were taken away and Snape drained the rest of his glass,glad that this mummer's fart was over.But then the flame of the goblet started hissing and spurting again and it threw out another chit of paper high in the air.A hushed silence rippled through the crowd like a wave.Snape sat up straight in his chair.What the hell is this now?There isn't supposed to be a fourth champion.Dumbledore caught the paper before it fell to the ground.He read it in a surprised silence.He finally found his voice."Hermione Granger."Snape's fingers loosened on the glass and it shattered to the floor.He whipped his head at the Griffindor table where Hermione was sitting.She shrank back in her seat in shock and embarrassment."Hermione Granger?!"Dumbledore repeated louder.What in the devil's name happened?Every eye followed Hermione as she slowly slid out of her seat and walked with shaking legs towards Dumbledore.She stopped in front of him,her eyes wide open.Snape was so shocked he couldn't move.Obviously there's been some mistake!She is not of age.She can't compete in the tournament!This can't be...."Ms.Granger...it seems to me that you have been chosen by the Goblet of fire to be.. a Triwizard champion."Dumbledore said mechanically.Snape touched his temple with his hand.Huh..of course.