THE TREASURE HUNT

[I'm including a new task that wasn't in the story.I just thought it'd be something cool.Hope y'all like it!This chapter is a little longer though...]
Hermione skipped down the aisle to sit beside her friends at the dinner table in the great hall.They had apologised to her for their behaviour earlier and everything was okay between them again so she was in a good mood.She was just cutting into her entrée when Dumbledore stood up."You all must be wondering why we're having this early dinner.Well you're in for a treat..well kinda...it's a new kind of experience for you.The second task of the tournament will be held after you finish your dinner and arrangements have been made for the rest of the school to watch."Hermione put down her fork muttering,"Well there goes my appetite!""You should eat something Hermione,wonder what it'll be..you're going to need your strength."suggested Ron."I don't feel like eating anymore.I just don't like the fact that we're going to dance around like mad while the others are going to enjoy watching us while having popcorn and cola..like some typical muggle reality show."Hermiome said,disgusted.She looked over at Snape who was also silently urging her to eat but she shook her head at him.Harry followed her gaze and asked,"So how are things going between you two?"Hermione took some time before answering,"I..don't know.Well we've kissed,obviously,but it has never been more than close-mouthed kisses.And things haven't gone beyond his couch.The initial awkwardness is still there I suppose.It's not that I immediately want everything to happen all at once,I'm shy too but I wish he'd make a move first."Ron snickered,"What, no French kiss,no butt-grab,no boob-touching from him?"Hermione snorted,"No no,he's nothing like that.He's very reserved and gentleman-like.But he has built so many walls around him,I guess it'll be very hard to wreck through them all.I'm thankful that he has even started taking them down for me,but it's still a long way down to reach the core.But he's worth the wait."She smiled up at him without his knowledge.After the last of the food was cleared off the plates,the four champions came forward and stood in front of the teachers' table.Barty Crouch rose up this time to inform them of the task and the rules."You've probably been wondering what is in those eggs and how to get the next task's clue without having to endure that ungodly sound.Well the clue to doing that is in this task.The eggs have been taken from your possession and hidden somewhere in this castle.You'll each have to solve these riddles to go on this treasure hunt of sorts to find the eggs and find out the right way to open them."They were each handed a white envelope."These envelopes contain your first clues.Now granted, that the Hogwarts students would have a certain advantage over the others since they know the school better,so the riddles given to the other participants would be significantly easier.The tasks would test your intelligence,physical capabilities and wand-waving skills and the one to finish first would get an advantage in the next task.Rita Skeeter has provided us with micro-cameras that would follow you everywhere you go and your activities would be directly projected here for us to see.Good luck,get set,go!"finished Crouch and there was a round of applause as the four of them tore open their first envelopes.Hermione was uncomfortably aware of the butterfly-shaped camera hovering over her as she tried to read the first clue.
       All shining and silver
       With a beautiful face
           You look into me
         and find this place.
Hermione and Fleur were the first to understand that it was talking of a mirror and they dashed out of the hall.They went on separate directions.Its a mirror but which one?Thankfully,she didn't need to go far.Her silver mirror was just around the corner.The clues were a little different for everyone:Fleur's mirror was golden,Crum's red and Cedric's white.Hermione stared at her reflection.What can my reflection possibly say?But the clue said,she would find the place.So she looked beyond herself in the mirror and in the background there was a cupboard.She turned around and wrenched it open and out came a boggart in the shape of a dementor.She didn't hesitate a moment before raising her wand and producing the patronus charm which made it recoil then she said,"Riddiculous!"and the boggart dissappeared in a puff of smoke.The judges and the teachers gave whoops of appreciation from their places where they were watching the projected image of the participants."Where did she learn the patronus charm?And at such a young age..."remarked Crouch.Snape's lips curled up.Well done Hermione.Hermione then took out the second envelope lying on the cupboard shelf and opened it.
       With clothes of green
       and bark of a dog
       Search my highest point
      I (DON'T) sleep like a log.
Hermione stood thinking.If I ignore the DON'T for a moment,then clothes of green,bark of dog and sleep like a log,suggests it's a tree.But it says,'I don't sleep like a log'.So which tree doesn't stand still?She looked outside and it clicked.The Whomping Willow!She ran outside,behind the castle,but as soon as she came close ,the willow started thrashing its branches.She remembered the day she and Snape had apparated there and she took out her wand,yelling,"Immorbulus!",  rendering it motionless.The clue said,'Search my highest point.',so she looked up and sure enough,there was the third envelope hanging from its highest branch.Hermione tried the summoning charm but it didn't work;so she gave a sigh before climbing up.She didn't glance down as she climbed higher and on reaching the top she stowed the envelope in her pocket.But now she was a bit afraid to climb down.She started slowly but her hand slipped a couple of times and once she lost her footing completely but somehow managed to hold onto a branch with one hand and back in the hall,Snape clutched the edge of his table.Allright now Hermione,slow and steady.She came down on the ground and looked into her next clue.