THE VOICE

Hermione rolled over in her bed thinking about Snape.First the hand holding and then the hug!Oh my God..this is definitely going somewhere.He saved me like a knight in shining armour.And he even handed me his handkerchief for wiping the blood from my lip.He definitely hasn't done that to anybody else.He even rode with me on the bus and apparated me over here.Oh what a perfect gentleman he was!Does he have any feelings for me?Does he treat me a little more specially than others?At least he didn't stop me from hugging him.Maybe he was just too shocked to react.No,he did put his arms around me in the last few moments before I let go.And when I landed on top of him...we definitely had a moment as we were lost in each other's eyes.Then how gently he dabbed at the blood in my lips.He really noticed.Then he told me to go see Madam Pomfrey.He was really concerned.Or maybe he was just doing his job as a teacher.Hermione sat up scoffing.Hermione,you're not some teenage girl,crushing over someone.Stop plucking the petals saying,he loves me or he loves me not.You've got to do something.........................................
Snape turned the pages of his book,not reading a single line.He was thinking about Hermione and despite his best intentions,his lips betrayed a light smile.She hugged me!She was of course very scared but she found comfort in me.Atleast she was relieved to see me there.Then she took my offer to travel with her.She again held onto me when we apparated.That's 'cause she was scared.Snape gave a sigh.When she fell on me and looked down on me,her eyes...I noticed they were honey coloured.How deep they were...I got a look at the features of her face in closeup.And when I saw the blood on her lips...and I dabbed at it with the handkerchief...how well shaped her lips were...how red,how juicy,how...kissable.Snape was wrenched out of his thoughts by a knock on the door.He went to open it with a frown which quickly dissappeared seeing who it was."May I come in,sir?"Hermione asked."Sure."Snape said,momentarily surprised.She entered and he closed the door behind her,wondering what brought her there."Umm...I just came to return your handkerchief."she said when Snape looked at her questioningly."Oh.."he was rather put off,since he was expecting something more.He took it from her slowly,prolonging the moment and their fingers brushed lightly.But Hermione didn't leave immediately,but was stalling.So Snape said,"I see your cuts have healed well."She touched her lips,as if she had already forgotten about the incident a few days back.And Snape's attention was again drawn towards how beautiful they were and he tore his eyes away.He looked at the handkerchief;she had washed it and there was that rich Hermione smell coming out of it.He mentally noted to never use it again,but to keep it in his coat's inside pocket forever."You weren't much hurt,were you?"she asked."Oh no,not as much as you."He assured."I had a rather soft landing."Hermione giggled,referring to her landing on him.Snape also smirked.Both had nothing else to say and Hermione could'nt stay any longer.She turned to go but after reaching the door she turned back and asked,"I'm sorry,did you say something,Professor?"Snape did not know what she was talking about."Er..no."he said.Hermione hovered by the door,intently listening to something and Snape looked at her confused.But she said,"See you later,sir." and left.Snape wondered whether she deliberately wanted to prolong their time together,just like him.....................................................Hermione walked down the corridor,puzzled.I definitely heard something in there.But he didn't speak.Then who was it?Someone was talking...She stopped dead when she heard it again.She pressed her ear to the wall.It's coming from the walls.She listened carefully.Warmmmmmmmm bloooooooodd.Mussssssssssst........killllll killlllll.Her eyes widened.Its going to kill someone?!She ran after the voice and came to a skidding stop when she saw a flooded corridor,where the voice dissappeared.She was wondering what happened, when she looked up to find the body of Filch's cat,Mrs.Norris,hanging from a chandelier.And the wall opposite contained the words written in blood,THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED AGAIN.ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE.Before she could make sense of all this,she was surrounded by students,returning to their dormitories.Everyone stopped with their mouths open and some teachers also arrived.Then Filch came running,saw his cat in that condition and immediately condemned Hermione.He was about to shout when Dumbledoor,McGonagall and Snape arrived in the scene."Dumbledoor sir,this bitch murdered my cat!"Filch blamed,pointing at Hermione."I swear,sir.I never touched Mrs.Norris!"Hermione protested.But Dumbledoor stopped them both and ordered the other students to go to their rooms.Then he turned his attention to the inscription on the wall.Hermione saw that everyone looked worried."Do you know anything about this,Ms.Granger?"He asked.Hermione shook her head vigorously,"No,sir.I just arrived here."Filch began to blame her again when Snape said firmly,"She was with me."When everyone looked at him,he added,"We were discussing something in my office,just now."Hermione was thankful. Dumbledoor was satisfied with this but not Filch."My cat has been killed.I wanna see some punishment!"he demanded.Dumbledoor waved a hand,"She has merely been petrified,Argus.Professor Sprout has a healthy growth of Mandrakes.Mrs.Norris would be revived in no time."Everyone turned to go,but noone explained anything about the chamber of secrets.Snape's eyes lingered a little longer on her,Hermione felt.