THE LYING WITCH

The lock on Hermione's door creaked open and she took out her wand,ready to attack whoever had broken into her room."Lumos."the light from the end of her wand shone on her doorstep and she saw Tonks,Lupin and Moody peering in."What are you all doing here?"she asked, incredulous."Rescuing you,of course!"Moody said,as if a bunch of wizards and witches broke into her uncle's muggle residency everyday.They made her pack all her things up,took her out,handed her her broom and off they went to London city.Hermione thought that this must be about the dementor attack on her amd Dudley,for which she was almost expelled from Hogwarts,for using magic outside school.But they arrived at Sirius's ancestral house at 12 Grimmauld place,where she came to know about the Order of the Phoenix,the Weasleys',Sirius's,Lupin's and all the elders' involvement in that,the ministry's not believing her story about Cedric's death and Voldemort's return,and about her hearing for her crime of using underage magic.Although she was delighted to unite with Sirius she was extremely angry and upset that she had been kept in the dark all this time."One more word and you might as well sign her up in the Order!She's young.She shouldn't be involved."Mrs.Weasley screeched when Sirius had tried to explain."Good.I wanna join.If Voldemort is forming an army,then I wanna fight.Cause when he comes I'm gonna be ready."Hermione said confidently.Sirius was impressed but Mrs.Weasley was clearly not.The next day Hermione went to the ministry hearing where she was voted not guilty by the jury.She tried to talk to Dumbledore,who played a major role in acting as her advocate but he ignored her.Something was clearly going on and everybody thought it better to not tell me the truth.Do they believe the bulletins too?'Hermione Granger-The Lying Witch'.
.............................................................
Snape jumped up when he heard a jingle and realised it was the ringtone of the phone Hermione had given him.He wasn't used to muggle technology but this was the device that brought Hermione's voice to him.So he loved it.He took the call with a smile appearing on his lips,"Hello Hermione.I was hoping to get a phone-call from you."There was a long pause after which,Hermione said,"Hey."His brows furrowed,"Hermione?What's wrong?"Another pause later she whispered,"I don't know...everything?"He understood that she was terribly upset.He could hear deep intakes of breaths from the other end."Are you crying?"he asked soothingly.She didn't reply but he heard the faint sounds of her weeps."What is the matter?Tell me."he was deeply concerned."I so want to be with you...I am among my friends and Sirius is here,but I don't know,I've never felt so alone before.Also I don't want this particular life."she said and Snape could hear her voice break."What made you say such a thing..?"he asked sadly."I feel betrayed...because everyone hid everything from me and still is.I guess they are doubting me too,what with the articles on The Prophet about me."she choked on her tears.Snape sighed remembering that he himself had torn down all the 'Hermione Granger:The Lying Witch' posters in his street and told off a newspaper vendor for selling The Prophet's article about Hermione in the front page.But his girl was upset,he had to do something."I'll be there in 20minutes."he said and disconnected...........................
"You couldn't put any of this in your letters?"Hermione said angrily to Sirius.He fumbled,"I wanted to..but the others-""The whole holiday I spent without a scrap of news!"Hermione's anger was showered upon the rest of them too.Harry and Ron were so scared of her then that they weren't even opening their mouths.Only Molly Weasley carried on the argument."You would have gotten to know eventually..""Exactly.If those bloody dementors hadn't materialised at Surrey,I would still be unaware of the existence of this organisation that is working to protect me from the most powerful dark wizard of all time!"But then she lowered her voice."I'm sorry.I know that you all are tirelessly working to save me from harm,and for that I am eternally grateful.But all I'm saying is,fill me in with any information you have.Perhaps I could help.Some things can't be done alone,you know.Or don't you guys even trust me with that?""Nobody is mistrusting you Hermione."a deep and silky voice came from the doorstep and everyone turned around to see Snape enter the house.Hermione went over to hug him and whispered in his ear,"I missed you so much.""Me too."he whispered back."What are you doing here?You have no place in my house.Get out Snivellus!"Sirius jeered."I have no intention of staying.I only came to see Hermione."Snape shot back."Well now you have.Now slither back in your hole."grumbled Sirius."Sirius,that's enough."Hermione warned.She then took hold of Snape's arm and proceeded to go outside."Where do you think you're going?At this time of the night and it isn't safe anyways.."Sirius began to protest but Hermione said,"I'm a big girl and besides,I'm not alone.Professor Snape will be with me.I need to get out for a while."She marched out and Snape had to hurry behind her."No but seriously,Hermione.It's quite late....""Let's take a long walk around a couple of blocks.I just need a break.I need this walk to organise my thoughts.I was feeling too claustrophobic in there."Saying this Hermione started walking so he came up beside her.They first walked in silence."Technically I should be angry with you too.You are in the Order too and neither did you tell me anything.But..I love you too much to be mad at you for long."she said.Snape smirked."Don't smirk."she crossed her hands over her chest.He smirked some more."I'm sorry but Dumbledore didn't want you to know anything.He has his reasons."he said shortly.Hermione didn't like it."I haven't been able to sleep properly.... after that night.Either a bright green flash of light or Cedric's dead eyes wake me up.I don't think I can ever sleep peacefully again."she shivered.Snape saw a gang of drunk men loitering down the road and he dragged Hermione to the other side."Everything will be all right.The memories will fade eventually."he consoled but inside his mind he thought about what more was to come in future,the images of which would haunt her even more.Hermione looked down,"You must think I'm so overtly sensitive,that I'm so very bothered."He lightly brushed the back of his hand to hers,unsure about how her mood was and said,"No of course not.Its a good thing,you're emotional.You express clearly what you feel.That proves your mind is pure."You are certainly a lot better at it than I am.The cool night air that was helping to cleanse her thoughts previously,felt a bit chilly to Hermione right now and she hugged herself tightly.In her hurry she had forgotten to bring her coat so Snape shrugged off his cloak and handed it to her.But she took it and put it over both of their shoulders so they could share and she put his arm round at her waist and put hers around his.In this way they walked back the rest of the way,their bodies closely joined together and they both enjoyed the togetherness.On reaching Grimmauld place,Snape took both of her hands and kissed the knuckles."We'll meet again at the end of this week at Hogwarts.Till then,stay safe.For me."Hermione nodded and said,"Don't keep me in the dark again.I am the 'know it all' remember?I hate not knowing."Although they had to do that again,he didn't say anything and just nodded.Hermione then pulled him into a long kiss,then went in and closed the door and Snape apparated back to his house.