CONFESSIONS:II

"Sod everything!"Snape exclaimed after finishing the letter.He could'nt keep still and ran out of the room.I have to find her.I have to face her.I have to....tell her.It was almost midnight but he didn't care.He took the stairs two at a time-his destination?The Griffindor tower.He ran and ran,his robes billowing behind him like a cape.Adrenaline surged through his veins.He skidded to a stop in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady."Password?"she drawled."Look,I don't have time for this.I really need to see her.I am Severus Snape and I command you to open this door,otherwise I'll blast it open!"He bellowed.Without arguing,the door swung open and he stepped inside to a darkened common room.He searched for the right door but found,to his dismay,Hermione's room locked from the outside.His face fell and he walked back to the middle of the room.She's not in her room..where could she go?Its after hours,she's not upto something again is she?"She's not here."Snape looked around to see who had spoken.It was Harry,standing in his pajamas."She hardly comes back to her room now after what you....after what happened between you two."Harry said accusingly."I actually...wanted to.."Snape didn't know how to tell him.Harry saw the letter in his hand and immediately understood everything."She has a special place where she goes to whenever she's upset.She must be there now."Harry decided to reveal.Then he smiled encouragingly at Snape."She's in the Astronomy tower.Go get her sir."Snape smiled gratefully at him then turned around and dashed out.......................................................
A light breeze passed through Hermione's body and she felt her nerves ease a little.A big part of the astronomy tower was broken and the sky could be seen where she lay flat on her back on the floor,where she had spread a sheet.She lay back looking up at the sky and was lost in her own thoughts.Did I do the right thing?Yes,I cleared everything out once and for all.Did he read it though,or did he just throw the letter away?He can't hate me more now,can he?Would he be angry?Oh god!
She sat up straight when she heard running footsteps approach.Then she sprang to her feet when Professor Snape came to a stop right in front of her.He had apparently ran there and now stood gasping for breath but his eyes never left hers.Hermione was shocked.He's here!Oh no,is he here to catch me out of bed at night?No this is about the letter.He looks tense,and anxious.Oh God,is he so angry with me that he chose to shout at me in person and right at this moment!?Hermione opened her lips to speak but Snape spoke first.
"I...love...you."
Hermione's heart jumped to her throat.There was a million things in Snape's mind but his lips again formed the only words,"I love you."Hermione could only stare at him open-mouthed.He sank to his knees,looking up at her face.His voice was choked with emotion,"I have to tell you...you have bewitched me in body and soul,and I love-I love-I love you."Hermione was overcome with emotions as well and she went down on her knees too right in front of him."But..b-but but you s-said--""I lied.Hermione,I lied.And you believed me so easily."He said.Hermione asked,flabbergasted."How could I not?There was no possibility,no way that you could love me.I mean,I'm no one,I'm nothing in front of you-""You are everything to me.Do you understand?Everything."Snape held her hands and said this sincerely.Hermione could'nt hold back her happy tears any longer.Snape continued,"I've been such an idiot.I acted on what I thought best,hurting you more than I ever thought I could.You are too generous to trifle with me.I'm tired of trying to stay away from you.I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."Hermione giggled in between her sobs.Snape's eyes grew moist."I lost.I have lost out to you.My ego lost to your love,Hermione."Hermione stood up taking him up along with her."No.Our love won.It's a victory of love."They both smiled widely."Don't cry anymore,Hermione."Snape wiped away her tears,then he put his hand under her chin and tilted her head up.They stared at each other's eyes with love and longing.He then stretched out his thumb and started tracing the outline of her lips.Hermione closed her eyes,enjoying the sensation.Snape felt how soft and full her lips were.Then her eyes opened and there was a need in them.She wispered,"Kiss me."
Snape shared the same longing as her but he hesitated.But when Hermione leaned in and parted her lips, he couldn't hold back anymore.Slowly,ever so slowly he leaned closer down to her and touched her lips with his.He could say it was the single most exquisite feeling of his life and though the kiss was close-mouthed,it was passionate.It felt like it lasted a lifetime but it was not long enough.They drew back but still their foreheads touched and their breaths mingled.Hermione looked back fondly at him and he reflected her feelings.He took up her hand and kissed it.She smiled and took him by his hand to where the sheet was still spread under the night sky."Do you wanna lie down here with me for a while?"She asked."Yeah,why not?"He agreed and they lay down side by side,their elbows touching.They gazed up at the stars.Snape felt his heart flutter."Thank you,Hermione.It felt like I was carrying a huge boulder in my chest,but now it seems to have been lifted."Hermione just smiled at him.After a while she said,"Do you know why I come up here,whenever I feel lonely or sad?See these stars?I pretend two of the brightest ones are my parents and high up here,I feel a bit closer to them,I suppose.I feel less upset then."Snape found Hermione's hand and entwined he fingers through hers.She placed their joined hands on her stomach.They spent the rest of the night together,talking."You know what I thought about when I was first able to perform the patronus charm?The first time I came to Hogwarts.That's the happy memory I chose.That's the best thing that has happened to me-it brought me to you."Snape was glad and he placed a chaste kiss on her lips.A faint streak of light appeared in the sky declaring that the break of dawn was near.She looked at him and asked,"Do you think we should go back now?"Snape sighed,"Yes.But...maybe we could stay a bit longer."Hermione smiled and said,"Or maybe forever."