A PRIVILEGE

Snape quickly rolled down his sleeves so that Hermione could'nt see the dark mark tattooed on the inside of his forearm,but luckily she was still reeling from the kiss to notice it.Then he took her wrists and massaged them where he had gripped her hard and also ran a finger along her lips which had turned totally red and swollen.Hermione watched him,full of interest.One moment he is glorious in all his bestiality and the next he is so caring and doting.He is such an enigma!He observed that her pulse was elevated,pupils dilated and smirked,"I'm sure it didn't hurt....much." and Hermione scoffed.And..he's back!Shortly afterwards,the Weasleys arrived with Sirius and Snape stood in front of the fireplace to greet them.Hermione couldn't believe how squeaky her voice still was when she welcomed them in."You look a bit flushed dear."Molly commented and Hermione could only reply with a "Do I?".She glanced sideways at Snape who was smirking.It's not fair!He is standing there like nothing even happened moments ago and I'm squirming over here with want.He turned me on and left me hanging.What a tease he is.But then she remembered that she was the one who had been teasing him and this was her punishment.............................
At dinner Mr.Weasley raised a toast,"To Hermione Jean Granger,without whom I wouldn't be here today.May God bless you dear and bring you all the joys in the world.To Hermione.""To Hermione."everyone echoed across the table and Hermione beamed at them.Her gaze landed on Snape at last who was at her right and sipped his cup keeping his glinting eyes fixed on her.She shyed away from his gaze and started talking to Ron on her other side."Dinner wasn't ready by the time we returned.What were you up to all this time?"he asked with a raised eyebrow.Hermione gulped down on her wine and replied,"Nothing much.Just some cleaning and dusting."But the wine nearly snorted out of her nose when she felt Snape"s hand rest on her thigh.He was to her right and was using his unoccupied left hand to make her squirm in her seat.He gave her thigh muscle a light squeeze and she turned to him.Clearly he didn't want her to talk to anyone else."Thank you for not telling anyone about last night."she wispered.He nodded."You have been forgiven."he whispered back."Oh,I don't know about that.Only,if I'm always punished the way I was this morning,I wouldn't mind making such mistakes over and over again."Hermione smirked and gave him a wink.His lips curled in a wicked smile.Sirius was looking at them suspiciously and Snape let go of her.After dinner,while Hermione was putting the plates back in the dishwasher,she heard a faint but melodious tune coming from the livingroom.She dried her hands and went over to witness a most surprising sight.Everyone was gathered around,sitting or standing to watch Snape play on his violin.He was playing some classic Beethoven sonata and everyone was watching him in awe and appreciation.Hermione watched,leaning on the doorframe how the man clad in black swayed where he stood,playing the chocolate brown musical instrument,how her man handled the stick,his fingers dancing over the strings of the neck of the instrument and his eyes closed to feel the music to his soul.Her heart just welled.After he finished everyone started clapping and he was rather awkward in handling the attention and sat down on the armchair,looking at Hermione to say something.But she couldn't;she just wiped a stray tear from her eye,came towards him smiling,landed on his lap and gave him a kiss,full in the mouth,in front of everyone.She didn't care about anything but to show him her love and appreciation.Sirius looked a bit disapproving but the others cheered her and Molly wiped her eyes,seeing them happy.Snape looked at her face lovingly and kissed her back............................................
Everyone had slowly started to retire but Hermione had fallen asleep cuddled in Snape's lap.Sirius poured himself a drink and sat looking at the two of them.Snape was lightly brushing her hair away from her face and looking at her sleeping face fondly."You better be knowing what you are doing.I'm trusting you with the most precious thing in my life."Sirius said,sipping his drink.Snape looked at him and said,"I know.""If you ever hurt her,I will disembowel you,you get that?"he warned.Snape scowled at him saying,"I wouldn't dream of it.I really love her,whether you believe it or not."Sirius swirled his drink around in the glass,deliberating over the future."There's a storm coming.She has a lot of things in front of her.The war is inevitable and she has to be ready.There will be casualties,many would fall,but if something is to happen to her...if she dies..."Snape looked at Hermione,her breath falling on his chest and said,"If she dies...you can have what you always wanted--take the liberty of killing me.Content your heart.Because I don't wanna live in a world that does not have her.I can't...I can't live without her."Sirius saw the sincerity in his eyes.He kissed the top of her head,she stirred and snuggled closer to him.After some time he said,"Do you know what it feels like to actually need someone?Like more than wanting but actually needing them."Sirius saw the love in his eyes and shook his head,"No.I've never had the good fortune.""It is.It is a privilege,yes.I'm in dire need of her.She has made a man out of me.I don't know what I was doing before I met her.She has given my life purpose.She has helped me be what I am today.And I need her to keep me in this path..always."Hermione turned and said ,"Always." in her sleep and both men chuckled.Snape then carried her to her bedroom and laid her down on the bed and Sirius kept sitting where he was,trying to comprehend how wrong he had been all his life and just how beautiful love was.