DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY

Hermione had wrapped her handkerchief around her hand and staggered out of Umbridge's office.She felt a bit faint from the wound but more than the pain,she felt anger.How could she do this?And she was wondering why we would be needing defensive spells,when she is the living embodiment of pure evil herself!She went to Madam Pomfrey to apply a balm or something."What happened dear?"she asked removing the blood-soaked handkerchief.The cuts were bleeding so that Pomfrey did not understand the words underneath,at once."I had a detention with Umbridge.She gave me some lines to write.The quill was magicked...to sort of cut into my flesh."Hermione explained.Pomfrey cleaned the blood saying,"Nasty business.."She drew a short intake of breath when she saw the words formed on her hand."Oh,my poor child..."Hermione didn't wanna make a fuss about it.She planned on making some excuse to not visit Snape in the next couple of days.And anyways,Umbridge's strict rules were going to make it a lot harder to see each other without getting discovered."Yeah.It didn't hurt as much.I know Professor Snape is going to make a big deal out of this.So,Madam Pomfrey, could you please not tell anything of this to him?""Not tell me what?"came a deep baritone from behind and Hermione whipped her head around to see just what she had dreaded;Snape was standing there looking from one to the other.Hermione tried to hide her hand but his hawk-like eyes caught a glimpse of the bloodied cotton."What's wrong with your hand?"he asked,catching her wrist and turning it over to get a good look at the upper side.He froze seeing the cuts.Hermione knew that he was going to be very angry on the 'high inquisitor' but she couldn't let him lose control and jeopardise his job."I can take care of this.Poppy,would you give us some privacy?"Snape said,taking the bandages from her hand and Madam Pomfrey left the hospital wing,closing the door behind her.Snape put a silencing charm on the door because Umbridge might have ears everywhere.He looked at Hermione;she was looking as if she had committed the crime.But that is not true.She is the one telling the truth.'I must never tell lies'.Umbridge etched the lie on her hand.He held Hermione by her sides at the ribs and hiked her up on to the table.Then he took her hand and started bandaging it up."Jesus Christ,Hermione!The woman is torturing you!"he remarked."It's nothing,really."Hermione tried to reason.He raised his voice,"She carved out your skin!This is outrageous!What right does she have to punish a student like this?Under whose authority-"
"Under the authority of the Minister for magic."
"Cornelius might be delusional but he would never allow this.I'm telling you this is that lady's work.Hermione,you've got to report this."
"No.I don't wanna give Umbridge the satisfaction.And it's not going to help or change anything anyways.."
"But Dumbledore-"
"Dumbledore has been ignoring me from the very first.He could be doubting me too for all I know."
"If the parents came to know about this-"
"Yeah but I don't have any of those so one less thing to worry about."Hermione said frustrated.Snape sighed,"Hermione,listen to me.You can't let this go on.She can make your life troublesome.""Having a troubled life-wonder what that's like?"Hermione said sarcastically.But she held his hand,"Don't worry,I'll be fine.You take too much tension."He kissed her then."You need to check that temper of yours." "My temper?"she said amused,"Aren't you the same guy who almost killed Dobby who endangered my life and also almost choked the life out of Crum for his un-gentlemanly behaviour towards me?"He smirked and she hopped down the table to go but the itch in her hand persisted,reminding her that she had to watch out for the pink lady...........................................
"Hi."Hermione said awkwardly to the puzzled faces in front of her.They were conducting a meeting in The Three Broomsticks and about twenty students,apart from her,Harry and Ron, had crammed into the small space.But this was one of the few places they knew that Umbridge's ears could'nt reach.Hermione spoke,"You all are probably aware that we aren't getting the essential education to fight the dark arts.We need a proper teacher.Because Professor Snape cannot get out of his way and teach us what the ministry doesn't want us to know.But we need to be able to protect ourselves.We need to be ready for when the time comes.""Why?"asked a boy."'Why'?Because You-know-who is back you tosspot!"Ron said irritably."So she says."he drolled."So Dumbledore says."Harry interjected."So Dumbledore says because she says.The point is,where's the proof?"he asked."You want proof?Probably Cedric's body hasn't gone cold in his grave yet.Why don't you go and check."Hermione said angrily but she looked around and saw everyone getting uncomfortable.Obviously it was still a touchy subject,especially to Cedric's girlfriend,Cho Chang,who covered her sniffles."Look,we're not here to discuss Cedric's death.If that's why you all are here then you're welcome to clear out right now.But if any of you not want a repetition of what happened with Cedric,then you can join us.Join us to fight for what's right.If not for the greater good,fight for your families,your friends and yourselves."She saw that she had managed to infuse some morality in them."So we thought,who better to teach us than the know-it-all?"Ron said grinning.Everyone looked around at Hermione as if they were insane."Isn't it true that you can produce the Patronus Charm?"Suddenly Neville offered.Hermione looked gratefully at him."Yes she can."said Harry."Blimey!I didn't know you could do that."Ginny said in astonishment."That's magic well beyond our years."noted Dean.This made them admire Hermione more."She fought off a hundred dementors at once."Harry said."She saved me from the basilisk with the sword of Griffindor."Ginny beamed."There's hardly a spell that our Hermione can't do."smiled Fred and George."And let's not forget she won the Triwizard tournament last year-the youngest witch to ever do that."boasted Ron.Hermione stopped them,"Please..it all sounds great when you say it like that,but actually most of it I did with sheer luck and I nearly always had help.I'm not being modest,really,doing all these,facing this stuff in real life is not like everyday school.In class if you do something wrong you get another chance to practice it again ,but out there...when you're just a second away from being murdered,...or watch a friend die..right before your eyes...You don't know what that's like.I'm not saying that it's gonna be easy.But we need to do this.So,who's with me?"
She passed on a piece of paper where everyone who was willing to join,signed up.She beamed at the signed names and felt hopeful."Whaddaya wanna call our group, then?"Fred asked."Granger danger club?""Twenties army."someone suggested."The Anti-Voldy squad."George said but Hermione knew,"Dumbledore's army."She performed a charm on some coins and handed each member one;that was to be their mode of communication.Now all we need to do is find a place to practice.She felt a little bad that she was doing this without Snape's knowledge but she didn't have any other choice.I'm sorry but I know you'll forgive me.I just can't risk your occupation for my plan.....................................................
Neville walked down the corridor,with nothing but the need to find a place for the Dumbledore's army to practice,occupying his mind.He had included himself in something daring for the first time in his life and he was desperate to not let his teammates down.Suddenly the wall right next to him began to creak open.He stopped in his tracks and watched as intricate designs of a door started to appear out of nowhere.Then a fully structured door formed and it opened up to reveal a big hallroom within.He peeked inside utterly dumbfounded.
"Brilliant Neville!You found the Room of Requirement."Hermione exclaimed when he had come running to them and dragged them down there."The what-?"Neville asked scratching his head."The Room of Requirement.It is a room that only appears to the person who needs it and it is equipped with the needs of the seeker.I read about it in 'Hogwarts:A history' but never knew where it actually was."Hermione informed them.Ron clapped Neville on the back,"Well done mate!""Its fantastic."Hermione said her eyes twinkling with excitement,"Its like Hogwarts wants us to fight back."