THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS

(Read the next chapter before this.There was sime mìx-up with the publication.)
While Hermione was recovering from the bludger attack,she was given a visit by Dobby,the house elf,who told her everything,that it was him all along who was forming all the hurdles in her path,so that she could stay away from harm's way and not go looking for the chamber of secrets herself.Hermione was angry with him at first,but then she understood his good intentions and forgave him.By the next day Hermione was fully healed and just as she was about to start her classes,she chanced upon the teachers huddling together in front of yet another wall inscription that informed them that a student had been dragged underneath to the chamber and it was none other than Ginny Weasley.She heard Snape warning Dumbledore,"No one can know about this,especially not Hermione.I'll be in my room.I need time to think of some way to find the entrance to the chamber and save Ms.Weasley."Hermione decided that she needed to find her,if only for the sake of Ron,her friend who was still lying petrified in a hospital bed.She called Dobby and requested him that if he truly mant to help her,he would have to find some way of trapping Professor Snape in his room and not letting him out till Hermione was back after finishing her job.She knew Snape would freak if he came to know what she was about to do,but she needed him out of the way because every second she wasted in persuading him,Ginny's life was endangered.As Dobby went off enthusiastically to do the job he was set,Hermione went off to the girls' lavatory where Myrtle had died,as she remembered seeing some unsual snaky pattern on one of the taps of the sink she had puked in.[Then the whole chamber of secrets incidents happened (excepting Lockhart and Harry) and Hermione came back to Dumbledore's office where she was confronted by Lucius Malfoy and his involvement was brought in the open and it is right here that Hermione freed Dobby by making Lucius give him Hermione's sock in Tom Riddle's diary.Dobby stopped him from raising his wand at Hermione and Lucius retreated from Dumbledore's office, fuming.] Snape met Lucius at the door but Lucius just pointed his chin up and walked away."Headmaster,I don't know what happened.I must have dozed off.I hardly remember anything after I went back to my room..."Snape began but stopped short at the sight of Hermione.As Dumbledore narrated the incidents to him,his eyes did not once leave Hermione's and with each passing minute Hermione felt his eyes boring into her.Oh God,he's pissed.What do I do now?After Dumbledore finished Snape just turned around in a swift motion and left.After getting a sympathetic look from Dumbledore,Hermione hurried after him wordlessly.Neither spoke till they were inside Snape's office.Then he rounded on her and started,"You are probably the most self-negligent person I've ever met.Have you no care in the world?!I shudder to think what could've happened to you if Fawkes hadn't reached there in time.I would never have been able to see you again...."He passed his hand through his hair.Hermione turned teary eyes at him."Please don't be so angry with me."she mewled.He lowered his voice then and sighed,"I'm not angry.""Yes,you are.You always pass your hand through your hair when you're mad about something."Hermione pointed out."Well isn't my frustration justified?An hour hasn't passed since you've been discharged from the hospital and you've already found a new way to get yourself back in there!"Snape exclaimed."I'm the one who found Tom Riddle's diary.I'm the one who can speak in parseltongue.I found out that the entrance to the chambers was situated in the girls's lavatory and it could only be opened by using parseltongue language.I had to save Ginny."Hermione interjected.Snape came closer to her,"And what about you?What about your life?And what about mine?Do you have any idea how I could've lived without you?Have you forgotten that your life is not yours alone now?"Suddenly Dobby popped up saying,"Hermione Granger meant good.She loves Professor Snape very much.She told Dobby to keep Professor Snape out of the way of harm so Dobby did it."Snape looked disapprovingly at Dobby for his intrusion."What's this?"Before Hermione could reply Dobby prattled,"Dobby is a free elf sir,thanks to Ms.Granger.He tried to keep her out of harm's way as well,by making her get lost in Knockturn alley,closing off the gateway to platform 9 3/4,letting out the troll in the dungeon and setting off a rogue bludger at her."Snape glared down at him,then took a fistfull of the torn pillowcase Dobby was wearing and shook him till his head wobbled and his feet left the ground."You did all that?!Do you realise you could've killed her?"Hermione stopped Snape by putting a hand on his bicep."Let him go ,Professor Snape,he didn't understand..."Snape dropped him to the floor with a scowl."You should go get changed."Snape said to Hermione and strode into his room,making it clear that he was still angry..................................................
As Snape looked out of a window,it was dark and drizzling outside.He had cooled down considerably now and as he looked on through the glass pane spattered with rainwater,he saw a maiden walk out into the grounds at the back of the castle,spread her arms out,enjoying the water from heaven drizzling down her body.Rubbing off the vapour from the glass window,he looked closely to discover that it was none other than Hermione.He went downstairs,formed an invisible umbrella with his wand and walked out into the field towards her.But he went unnoticed by her as she was busily dancing around splashing in the puddles to her own tune and just enjoying the rain.He watched the beauty in front of him with a big smile on his face.She stopped,embarrassed, when she saw him watching.He put the magical umbrella away,let the rain drench him too and walked upto her.He held her by the waist and gave her a long smooch,tasting the rainwater off her lips."I always wanted to have a romantic kiss in the rain."Hermione gushed when he drew away.He smiled,pulling her hair dripping with water away from her face."I guess,I'm forgiven now?"she asked him.He pressed his forehead to hers before replying,"Of course,my love."