THE PINK LADY

In the welcome feast at Hogwarts all students were introduced to Dolores Umbridge,from the Ministry of Magic,who would act as the high inquisitor of Hogwarts and inspect into the seemingly seriously falling standards of the school."That's a shocking shade of pink."Ginny commented,judging her all pink outfit."Can't change the fact that she looks like a toad."George noted."But what is the meaning of getting a ministry official in an educational institution?Why is she even here?"Harry wondered."It means the ministry is interfering in Hogwarts."Hermione observed...........................................
The whole school was being turned upside down by the pink lady;she published new rules and regulations for the students,uniforms to be worn properly,no folded sleeves,no short-lengthed skirts.Students were not permitted to loiter around even in off-periods and no pranks,mischiefs or jests and all Zonko's products were prohibited.Even the teachers were made to work according to her ways,their teaching methods being scrutinised.Filch came down the ladder after putting up all the notices,followed by groans and leud remarks from the students.Hermione read the last of them:Boys and girls should maintain a distance of a foot between each other-No kind of romantic relationships are allowed amd definitely snogging,fondling or intercourse is strictly prohibited.She sighed.Wonder what she'll make of a teacher-student relationship that was more than that...?..........................
Snape flicked his wand and the stack of books on his table floated through the air to distribute among the students."What shit is this?"Ron asked puzzled."Language Weasley.Ten points from Griffindor."Snape drolled.In the back of his mind,he knew that Umbridge was keeping a watch over the whole school."This is a ministry approved textbook that you will be studying for the year."he informed,making it clear that he thoroughly disapproved of it."This is for children!"Seamus protested."But the course has been selected by the minister of magic himself and this is the appropriate book according to him,apparently."Snape recited the words he had been taught at the staff meeting,which was also presided over by Umbridge.Hermione flipped through the pages of the defense against the dark arts book which looked more a like children's fairytale."But sir,there is nothing in here about using spells."she said furrowing her brow."Using spells?!"A high-pitched voice came from the door and they all turned to see Umbridge clutching her chest as if she had had a terrible shock."My dear child,I don't see why you would feel the need for using spells."she said,strolling into the room as if it was her property."So we will be studying in Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry and won't be using magic?"Hermione asked sarcastically."Students should raise their hands when they want to speak.Why are you allowing such an attitude in your class Snape?"she said sternly."Excuse her ma'am.Five points from Griffindor."he said reluctantly and shot Hermione a look to back down immediately to avoid getting into trouble.Hermione then raised her hand extra showily to attract attention.She stood up,"I fail to see what is the use of learning about the dark arts if we can't use them in times of need.""Why would you feel the need to use Dark arts?"Umbridge asked the class.Hermione tried to say,"I'm not saying-"But Snape jumped to her defence."You misunderstood her ma'am.She just wanted to ask why they won't be learning any defensive spells,you know to protect themselves."Umbridge looked at him as if he was crazy."How will we protect ourselves from what's out there?"Hermione asked,pointing vaguely outside."There's nothing out there.Who would want to harm a bunch of sweet children like you?"Umbridge shook her head closing her eyes.Hermione blurted out,"Um,I don't know,maybe Lord Voldemort?"A stunned silence followed.Hermione met Snape's eyes and realised she had made a mistake.But she was getting frustrated with the lady.Umbridge took a deep breath and started speaking as if she was preaching the class,"You all have been told that a certain dark wizard is back in full form.This-is-a-lie!""So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?"Hermione asked getting angry.Snape gestured with his hand behind Umbridge's back but Hermione continued to stare at her."Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident..."Umbridge began in a sugary sweet voice."It was not!He was murdered!"Hermione shouted.Umbridge's nostrils flared.Snape thought he had to manage the situation."That's enough now Her-Ms.Granger.Sit down before I deduct more points from your house."he said darkly.But Hermione talked over his shoulder."He was murdered by Voldemort.I saw him.I fought him.And you all are delusional enough to not accept the fact that he is back!""Detention!MsGranger.Tonight,at my office."Umbridge's usual high voice went several octaves higher.She stomped out and Snape hurried behind her."Ms.Granger's disrespectful behaviour was demonstrated in my class so perhaps I should carry out her detention..?"he asked in the hopes that he wouldn't set a difficult job to Hermione but Umbridge was adamant.She turned away sharply without hearing him anymore.Oh Hermione,now you're done for........................................................
Hermione knocked on Umbridge's office door and she was allowed in with a sweet "Come in."She pushed the door open and was immediately reminded of an overtly girlish child's room who is obsessed with pink colour and cats.For wherever her eyes fell,everything was various shades of pink,even the curtains and the upholstery and the walls were covered with frames and showpieces of different types of cats."Sit down."Umbridge said while sipping her tea.Hermione took the seat in front of her table and anticipated the punishment to come."You'll be doing some lines."Umbridge got up and gave her a parchment and a rather eloquent quill.Lines?What am I,a five-year old?But what more to expect from someone who thinks that book is appropriate to study DADA?Hermione rolled her eyes and pointed out,"You haven't given me any ink."Umbridge turned her back at her and simply said,"Oh,you wouldn't be needing any ink.Now,right these words:I must never tell lies."She sighed and began writing;the letters were being formed with some kind of a scarlet ink.But then she felt uncomfortable;there was a sort of an itch on her hand which turned into a sharp pain as she felt a blade-like substance slashing through the skin on the upper part of her hand.She watched in horror as the words she had written on the paper,got etched onto her hand.With a stab of realisation she knew that the red ink on the paper was her blood.She was staring  at the magical quill when Umbridge cleared her throat,urging her to go on.Helplessly Hermione began again and underwent the pain again and again as she filled the page with her bloodied words.By the time she finished,the cuts were so deep that it had nicked her veins.The quill trembled out of her fingers and Umbridge looked around at her."Is there a problem, my dear?"Hermione's eyes had begun to water but she let nothing show on her face,so that Umbridge could not know about her pain.Instead she said,"No ma'am.Nothing."Umbridge came closer to her so that their faces were inches apart,"Of course it's nothing.Because you know what you said was not right.Deep down you know you deserve to be punished."