LOVEBIRDS

All throughout the day Hermione remained distracted.How could she not?She had kissed Professor Snape!She touched her lips more often than not remembering the feeling of his lips on hers.She was daydreaming again with a faint smile on her lips when she suddenly realised the whole class including Snape was looking at her.She jumped to her feet,"S-Sorry sir,I didn't catch that..""We were discussing about Hynkipunks,Ms.Granger.Care to join us?"Snape told,mocking sternness.Hermione was totally disoriented and Snape took five points from Griffindor.She sat down and scowled up at him and he smirked.Ok,we'll see about this later.When class was over Hermione took more time to pack her bags so that she was the last to leave the room.Snape smiled to himself when he saw she was deliberately doing this.Hermione then marched right upto him and crossed her arms over her chest."You weren't paying attention in class,Ms.Granger.What might be the reason for that?"he asked.Hermione thought two can play at this game."I was thinking about my lover."He quirked up his eyebrows."Really?And what were you thinking?"he asked, smirking.She bit her lip saying in a sexy way,"Um..how I want to kiss him again."She got the expected response from him;his eyes glinted naughtily.She leaned in and planted a kiss on his cheek."I'll come here later this evening."She winked at him and left.Snape touched the place where she had kissed him,thinking whether he would ever grasp how lucky he was that his love for this girl was reciprocated...................
Hermione checked whether she smelled nice,her outfit was in order and her hair was okay before she knocked on Snape's door.He said "Come in" so she did and closed the door behind her.He looked at her and grinned,showing how glad he was on her arrival and she couldn't help but smile back.Then she ran upto him and threw herself at him,hugging him furiously so that her feet left the ground.He gave a low rumble of a laugh before he set her down."Did you miss me that much?""More than you could ever know."Hermione breathed.Together they went to his drawing room and sat on the couch.She took his hand and sat fingering the lines on his palm.He watched her,his skin tingling."You know,when you were about to kiss me...I thought your nose would come in between."Hermione told him.He raised his eyebrows,"Why would you think that?"She rolled her eyes,smiling,"Well,haven't you seen your own nose?Oh,the number of times you've glared down that hooked nose upon me...!""Let's see if this comes in between now."saying this,he nuzzled her nose and it made Hermione laugh out loud.He watched her put her head back and laugh carefreely."Your laugh is the best melody I've ever heard,Hermione."She was so contented.She held his face and kissed him on the lips.When they finished,he ran the back of his hand down her jawbone.Then he kissed the knuckles of both her hands.Her left hand knuckles were a little red.He looked questioningly at it and Hermione provided the answer,"Earlier today,I punched Draco in the face."He was shocked,"Why?"She looked up sheepishly,"He was talking nonsense about Hagrid and Buckbeak,saying how they both deserved what they got."Snape furrowed his brows and said,"Malfoy has always been like this,you've never lost your cool before...""Yeah,but then he started saying something bad about Dumbledore and I just became furious."Hermione admitted."Don't worry,he's probably too embarrassed to be beaten up by me to complain to anyone.But he would sure flaunt a black eye for the next few days."Snape smirked up at her,"Attagirl!"..................................
The two of them went to Dumbledore's office.They both had decided to make their relationship known to the staff to avoid any speculation and so that Hermione could come down to Snape's chambers anytime she wanted,without having to lose house points or getting detentions.They were welcomed in and Dumbledore peered up at them over his half-moon spectacles."Well?"he asked.McGonagall was also present and she pressed her lips together to hide her smile.Hermione was too shy to say anything and she blushed deeply.So Snape cleared his throat and mumbled something incoherent.Dumbledore tsked,"Severus,if you have something to declare,say it out loud.Don't be embarrassed."Snape summed up the courage,looked at Hermione,then taking her hand he said,"We are.... together.We love each other."McGonagall gave a great whoop of joy and Dumbledore clapped his hands."Hah..finally!"McGonagall gushed,"I thought he would spend his days trying to woo her but never be able to say it."Hermione looked sideways at Snape,who rolled his eyes.Dumbledore came around his desk and patted Snape on the back,"I'm happy for you.I wish the two of you all the luck in the world."Then he added in a whisper to Snape,"Don't screw this up.Don't think of anything else,just go for it."Snape dragged Hermione out by the hand by the time McGonagall was asking for details about their first kiss.The door closed behind them and they had a hearty laugh."Well,that went well."they both agreed.