AFTER

Hermione woke up early the next day and found Snape sleeping beside her.She got up to go to the bathroom and splashed her face with cold water to come out of the horrors of last night.She stood staring at the mirror long,thinking how things would change now that Voldemort is back.She decided to think about all that later,and started brushing her teeth.Only Snape's toothbrush was there so she used that;it felt kinda naughty but she savoured the taste-it was like having him in her mouth.She came back to the room and found that he was still asleep.He looks so innocent in his sleep,totally guile-less.Wonder what he dreams about..She slipped back under the covers and took his face in hers.She couldn't help herself and leaned in to kiss his forehead,his brows,his eyelids and then down his long nose to finally his lips.His eyes fluttered open then."Hermione?How are you now?"he asked trying to sit up."I'm fine.Sorry,I didn't mean to wake you..."He took hold of her and rolled her over on the bed and his mouth was on hers.He tasted her and then drew back to say,"Mm you taste of peppermint toothpaste."Hermione giggled and replied,"I used your toothbrush.Is that okay?"He grumbled in approval and kissed her again.............................
At breakfast Dumbledore spoke about their loss and Hermione was very morose.She had also found out that many people were having doubts about the authenticity of her story.They'll find out tge truth soon enough.Only one news of happiness had arrived-Surius had come back to London and they would be able to make contact soon.The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students bid their farewells,while Hermione was declared the official winner of the Triwizard tournament,the prize money for which she shared with the Weasley twins,to help them jump-start their dream shop...........................
Snape stumbled back through the gates of Hogwarts,walking slowly from the pain of enduring the Cruciatis curse.He had ignored the Dark Lord's call last night but Dumbledore suggested that he pay him a visit,otherwise he would get suspected of desertion.So Snape went there and wasn't received warmly.As he entered the castle he went over the past hour's events again:
"Master,Severus is here."squeaked Pettigrew.The thin raspy voice of Voldemort echoed from the icy blackness of his room,"Is he now?Come to gloat at my failure at the hands of a Mudblood have you?!"He pointed his wand at him and yelled,"Crucio!"Snape was brought to his knees from the excruciating pain."No,My Lord..I just-""Why didn't you answer my call last night?"he asked angrily."Please My lord,understand.Dumbledore was watching me.My mark had started to burn and he suspected me.If I had left right under his nose,he would never have trusted me again."But Voldemort tortured him some more."That Mudblood Granger!She already revealed Crouch in front of everyone.And now she has managed to slip through my fingers again.Oh,how she must be boasting!The witch who lived.Twice it would seem!"Voldemort ground his teeth."The Mud-she is very clever."Snape breathed."Ah yes...too clever for her own good.You stay as close to her as possible and keep me informed about her.""But of course,My Lord.That is my job."Snape bowed out.Oh,I would stay close to her.So close that if you wanna hurt her,you have to go over my dead body.
He was sent away with orders to get something solid the next time.The dark mark on Snape's arm was still twitching and his whole body was aching,so he thought he would brew a potion to ease the pain,but when he went to his room,he found Hermione there.She was scrunched up in the couch with a book and a steaming mug of hot chocolate."I was waiting for you.I'll be leaving soon."she said when he arrived."Well,goodbye then."he said his brows furrowed.It took him a lot of effort to not be rude and ask her to get out,since he didn't want her to see him in this condition and suspect something.But Hermione did suspect something with this reply and she closed her book and got up."What is it?Do you have a headache?"she tried to come closer but he raised his hand."No stay away."he pleaded.She was stunned so he added."I'm not feeling quite well.I'm just under the weather."He sat down and she poured him a cup of cocoa too and brought it to him."You know,hot chocolate actually tastes better with a pinch of red chilli powder.I've added it.You'll feel better."she smiled.As their hands touched while she handed him the cup,Snape felt the itch in his hand greatly lessened.What just happened?He touched his arm unconsciously and noticing that Hermione sat down next to him and took his hand before he could say anything."Does your arm hurt?Maybe you've pulled a muscle..."she said and massaged it.Snape felt the pain completely go away.What magic is this?How did she do this?He grinned at her and Hermione just thought he was glad that it helped a little.She played with his hair amd said,"We are leaving soon.I'll miss you.Now,Ron's parents have invited us to the Burrow,during the holidays,but don't worry,I've told them that you wouldn't be able to."Snape stopped her hand and asked,"What makes you think that I won't be visiting?"She was confused,"You know..because of your general unsociable nature,your absolute irritability in hanging out with a crowd of people,and your idea of my friends as dunderheads,made me think that.It's really a no-brainer."He nodded,"All that is true.I hate people but I love you more."Hermione's face lit up,"So we're going to see each other during the holidays?"He assured her that they will.She also made him promise that he was going to call her with the mobile and left after sharing a short kiss.