IMPREGNATE

After taking classes all day, Snape entered his room at Hogwarts to find it devoid of the person he was longing to see. He was looking forward to have the company of his wife after a long hard day and was rather taken aback by the empty room. However, he found Hermione's shrug lying on the bed. Curiously he picked it up to find a note fall out : Follow the trail, My Prince. A smirk broke out on his face and he stepped into the fireplace to emerge at his home. He traversed through the living room to the hall to find her shoes carelessly fallen at the base of the stairs, her skirt on one of the steps about midway, a few paces away her blouse was sprawled acroos the corridor, her bra was hanging from the top of the door to their bedroom and her underwear was left discarded on the floor right in front of the bathroom. He opened the door to find Hermione sitting inside the tub full of soap-bubbles and equipped with a grin."Hey you." "What a nice little surprise!"he smiled, already getting out of his clothes. Hermione grinned broader,"I thought you could do with some relaxing. I hope you picked up those clothes on your way. It would be kinda embarrassing if I have to explain to Mrs.Reynolds-" "Stop talking now."he climbed in and started kissing her. She smooched awhile and then pushed him back against the side of the tub to message his shoulders, rolling with the tips of her fingers his tired nodes. He groaned in pleasure and Hermione bent forward to kiss and bite at the sensitive skin of his neck, prompting him to close his eyes in relaxation. The moment her hand closed around his manhood, his breath hitched and his eyes flashed open, burning with lust. They clambered out of the bath together but he felt like he had to take her right there at that moment. Before Hermione could reach for the robe, he whipped her around by the shoulder and latched his lips on hers. She was forced back into the wall by the aggressiveness of his kisses but she was excited too; it amazed her that they had the same flame burning still. He lifted her up, hooking her legs around his hips and thrusted into her. Hermione's back rubbed against the cold wet tiles and she wrapped her arms around his neck as he moved her up and down, sending them both into a tizzy. He was rather surprised how they were still behaving like randy couples but he couldn't think of anything else at the moment as the wet sound of their bodies connecting together was the only thing his brain could register. The sweet agony of coitus permeated all other senses. He felt his legs would give way if he acheived climax there, so he somehow traversed the short distance between the bathroom and their bed, carrying Hermione in the same position. They fell back onto the mattress and finished the rest of their business there................................
"Come on darling, wake up, we have to leave for Hogwarts. Classes start in an hour."Snape was buttoning up his coat while Hermione was still rolling over in bed. "I think I'm gonna take a sick day today..."
"Why? Are you not feeling well?"
"No, just..."she shifted uneasily.
"I'll give Mrs.Reynolds a call to fix some breakfast-"
But before he could go on, Hermione hopped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, barely reaching the commode before she puked all over. "Hermione!"he rushed after her. "I'm..fine...don't come..in here.."she replied in between wretching. "Nonsense."He rubbed her back as she pushed herself up. But her head spun terribly and she released her body wait totally, gravitating towards the ground. He thrust a hand out to grab her and managed to only about prop her up like a rag doll. "Mrs.Reynolds!"he bellowed for help.............................................
As Snape bustled into his room, he saw Mrs.Reynolds leaving; she had a big smile on her face; but he was too concerned about his wife to notice. "I've informed Dr.Mortimer from St.Mungo's. She'll be here any minute."he entered to find Hermione sitting on the bed. "Come here."she coaxed. He came and sat beside her."How are you feeling now?" She held his hands and with happy tears springing to her eyes she finally told him,"I'm pregnant." His hand tightened,"A-are you sure?" "Yes. I just took the test."her tears finally brimmed over and she wiped them away, giggling nervously. He stumbled onto his feet."Wow...yeah, ok...I just need...a moment." He started pacing in a nervous demeanor. "You are happy...aren't you?"she asked uncertainly. He stopped."H-happy? Oh my god...Hermione, 'happy' doesn't even come close to explaining what I feel right now. I'm so overwhelmed, my love!" She understood then,"You're panicking?" "No. No, no, I'm just.."he gazed about trying to get a bearing of his surroundings,"I'm just thinking...wondering, how it would be. I'm going to have a baby. What would it be like... What if it's a boy? I may have to play ball with him. Heck, I have to surf the Internet thing to know how to play ball! Or, what if it's a girl? I have to teach her to stay away from boys...you know how boys are..." Hermione laughed and joined him,"You are panicking." She leaned forward to give a light peck on his lips in order to calm him down, but that kiss soon turned deep as the emotions turned too overwhelming and he displayed passionately just how elated he was........................
A month had passed and Snape dragged Hermione down to St.Mungo's for a checkup; more to rest his anxious nerves about the concern for his wife and child's health. "Are you comfortable?"he kept asking, while Hermione was waiting to be examined. "No, I feel like I'm directly into the line of fire!"she snapped, when she had to answer him for the sixth time,"Calm down and sit quitely." His butt hadn't touched the chair properly, when the doctor arrived and he sprang back to his feet. "Hello. How are we doing today?"Dr.Mortimer asked. "Fine."Hermione replied, while her husband appeared at her side.
"Allright. Let's get you started."
A clothed frame was fixed over her belly and Dr.Mortimer waved her wand over it, projecting a thin layer of film in the air, on which the insides of her stomach could be seen. The doctor inspected it and informed,"Well, everything looks good."she pointed out,"Here is your uterus. And there is your baby." The couple squeezed each-other's hands. "Oh my god..."Snape finally let out a long held breath. "Yeah..I see it."Hermione gushed. Mortimer looked at the two joyful faces and said, backing out of the room,"I'll give you two a moment." Snape kissed his wife's knuckles."Amazing, isn't it?" But Hermione was disconcerted."I don't see it!"
"What..?"
"I can't see it."
"But you just said-"
"I know, I lied. I didn't want her to think I was a terrible mother who can't even see her own baby!"Hermione completely broke down. Snape chuckled,"What are you saying- come here. See? That's our baby." Hermione looked closer,"Oh, I see it now..."
"Do you really?"
"No!"she was about to have another fit of crying, when he sat her up. "Look,"he pointed it out himself,"See this? This tiny little thing that looks like a kidney bean?"
"Yeah..."
"Sweety, that's it."
"Wha- That's it? Well, I did see that!"
She then smiled up at him,"Thank you." He kissed her head and they gazed back at the picture.
"That's our baby."
"Yeah, that's our baby."...............
They visited the Weasley household for the first time since they had announced their pregnancy. They went there right after the doctor's appointment and were greeted with a loud cheer; they themselves couldn't control their wide smiles. "How did it go?"Molly inquired. "Oh, everything is fine. It's great."Snape replied, rubbing Hermione's arm lovingly. "Come on, show us the picture."Ginny demanded, while Harry was carrying their twins in both arms. Hermione took out the polaroid of the sonogram and handed it over.
"How wonderful!" "Congratulations!"
"Yeah...I don't see it."Ron squinted his eye to figure out how they were seeing a baby in that big black blob. Hermione chortled,"Oh, I know. I couldn't see it at first either. But see? It's right-" her smile disappeared,"Umm, Sev I lost it again!" They all laughed out and Snape managed to find it for her again while chuckling himself.
They sat down to a merry dinner, where Hermione was surrounded by well-wishers and advisers chatting about the time to come while Harry gave Snape some insight of his own. "It's perfectly normal to freak out, ya know...Look at me, I thought I would spend some years of married bliss but suddenly you are thrown in the middle of smelly diapers and sleepless nights. Not that I'm trying to discourage you or anything. But it sure is a lot of work. Don't let it get to you, you know. Try folding every fifth page of a pregnancy book just so your wife thinks you read it. Repeat 'it's gonna be okay' atleast twice a day, in order to make her think you mean it, even if you don't. The most important thing is to keep her from panicking, cause if that happens, God save you! Trust me, I learnt it the hard way." Snape listened impassively, then remarked,"Err...I'll keep that in mind, Potter."..................................
That night when they were in bed, Hermione was gazing up at the ceiling, while Snape was adoringly stroking the skin over her belly. "Do you think I'll be a good parent?"she asked finally, voicing her thoughts. "Of course you will."he assured, kissing her hair.
"I'm not so sure."
He propped himself up so as to look upon her face, trying to understand what got her so tensed. She continued, somewhat frantically,"Did we rush into this? I mean, I have barely got my own bearings in order, and now..a child..What if I prove to be impotent? I can't be sure if I'm really good at this. Do you see me saying to my child, 'Go to your room, you're grounded!' ?" "Do you see me saying that?"he asked.
"What are you talking about? I've seen you like that all my life. You behave so strictly with your students. You will bring discipline to the household. I know it. You will be a great parent."
"Yes, but raising a child is a lot different than bringing order to a classroom. I can't approach parenting with only sternness, you know, I don't want my child to hate me. Maybe I would be able to impart wisdom and proper etiquette but that way I would only be a good parent. I want to work at being a good father too."
Hermione gazed at him fondly,"Simply you realising that, means you already are off to a great start. You'll be good father." He smiled,"You would be a great mother too. Just the sheer number of times I've seen you boss people around makes me believe you would be just as good at being the disciplinary parent too. You never know, maybe the tables would turn; you could turn out to be the stricter between the two of us." After some time she said,"I thought you were just as freaked as I was...but you are a lot more sure of yourself, as you always are." "No I was...I was not sure, not completely."he honestly admitted,"But we can't really follow a textbook pattern. There would be ups and downs, but you will find me by your side every step of the way." She raised her hand to trace his lips and shyly ask,"Would you love our baby more than me?"
"Perhaps not..what I do know for now, is that I am not willing to share my love with anyone but you." He kissed her lips and then moved down to drop feather-light kisses all over her torso and specially over the tiny bump that marked the presence of the seed of their love.