Were-coyote? ~13

Stiles POV:
"So it was Malia the whole time?" I tried to take this all in. "And she's a were-coyote, but you're not sure if that's a thing?"

"Yea, pretty much." He looked up to me. "You're anxious. Why?" He asked me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't know. I just have this feeling like something bad is going to happen." I told him and put my hands in my pocket.

Ever since this all started, I've never felt safe. I always feel at risk and I can never be the same. I've changed as a whole person.

"It's going to be okay." He also didn't sound convinced, but he tried.

He tried to be strong. He tried to be happy. For us. For his friends. For his pack. He had to be strong, even if he didn't want to. He had to act like the alpha, even if he didn't feel like one. He couldn't be himself, he had to be different to protect us. If he was scared, he couldn't show us. Only because he doesn't want us to be scared.

"What if it's not?" I looked to the ground. "What if we don't make it out of this. What if we don't make it out?" I asked him, only focusing on the negatives.

That's the thing with all of this. When you've been through so much, you can only focus on the negative.

"We'll make it." He looked at me with a smile on his face. "We always do."

I smiled and thought about everything we've been through. We shouldn't have to do this. I looked outside and thought about, Malia.

"Where's Derek?" I randomly asked Scott.

"At his house. Why?" He put his phone down.

"I need to find out what, Malia is. If she's a were-coyote or something else." I looked at Scott and drove to Derek's.

"You like her, don't you." He laughed and stared at me.

"I don't know. It's just, she's different." I told him, trying to ignore the fact I was lying.

"You remember I am a werewolf." He said, laughing. "I can tell you're lying. You like her, don't you." He asked me and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, okay. I do, she's different and I like that. She doesn't care what people think." I smiled, thinking about her.

"You can date a, were-coyote." He smiled and I hit him.

"Shut up." I laughed and shook my head. "So a were-coyote."